*I've never tried using fat-free ricotta in this as I don't like it, but I wouldn't suggest using it in this recipe as it may dry out your breakfast bread. Can't believe there are only 3 ingredients! By using our website, we understand that you accept their use and agree to our cookie policy. The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be. Top toasted sourdough bread with fresh ricotta, banana and cinnamon for a delicious (and healthy!) Thank you for your patronage. Though they’re delicious plain, a little sweetened cream cheese icing would make them even more dessert-like. Stir in the bananas, ricotta and vanilla, mixing well. It’s that easy! It's full of texture with the oats and is super moist thanks to the bananas and ricotta. low fat, Grandma’s Spaghetti Sauce | Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce, Beef Burger With Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe, 4 slices wholemeal sourdough bread, toasted. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add the banana mixture to the flour and stir until combined. Place ricotta cheese in a food processor and pulse. Another healthy delight for a hot season! Making these right now in muffin tin! Scoop or pipe into individual serving bowls or parfait glasses. last time I used up ricotta in some muffins, Bakery Style Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins, Simple Sundays | Mechado Filipino Beef Stew, Potato Pesto Pizza with Brussels Sprouts and Yellow Squash, Spiced Nuts: Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts, Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Almond Flour and Spiced Maple Glaze, 10 Easy Filipino Desserts with Coconut Milk. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It was delicious, but the texture throughout the entire loaf was wet. family friendly, A super-speedy breakfast that packs an indulgent punch while still low on calories. It can easily be multiplied and made into a full sized cake and if you prefer a crust on your cheesecake, that can be added too! And ripe bananas, speckled and fragrant, on the counter. Puree until smooth and creamy. We've gone from 10,000 miles apart to right beside one another - finally home in Australia together. 5-minutes-or-less, bananas, granita, healthy, low cal. Get your personalized results . If your banana bread starts to brown too much on the top whilst still not cooked in the middle, cover it with foil and continue baking until it is cooked through. Leave to cool slightly, serve warm or chill in the fridge. Bake Banana Nut Ricotta Muffins to Use Up Leftover Bananas. how we met whilst on opposite sides of the world. :). Wondering how to use up ripe bananas or leftover ricotta cheese? Get started with this healthy, fruit-filled recipe. breakfast option. Your email address will not be published. Daily, they not only serve up deliciously healthy cuisine, they teach guests all the skills for preparing healthy food at home. This is a must try...They look really yummy! Searched specifically for a banana bread with ricotta cheese, so this was the first banana bread recipe I made with ricotta. Pour mixture into silicone muffin cases or greased tins*. They’re brimming with nutrients. Let me know what you think! Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Replies. Which is why I made chili with my leftover ground beef and cookies with my leftover caramels today. These turned out nice and moist, like banana cake, but held together well. After about two hours, you can use the side of a spoon to scrape the “ice,” and scoop, serve, and eat! Remove bananas from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes (until they begin to defrost around the edges). In a medium mixing bowl, mash your bananas and add in your ricotta, vanilla and salt. I used part-skim ricotta. Justine’s Favorite Banana Ricotta Tart, served at Balthazar, NYC I used to take my goddaughter Justine to Balthazar after school for this dessert, and … Read More Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law July 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM. Hey Jacky, Did the banana bread just need longer to bake? My easy recipe for Banana Nut Ricotta …