Abu Hanifa's position about this problem was expressed in his Mujmal al-fiqh al-akbar where he said: "we leave the judgment about 'Uthman and 'Ali to God". OF PILGRIMAGES OBSERVED IN

A principle of al-Jarh wa l-Ta‘dil states that the criticism of someone who was himself subject to valid criticism is not accepted unless the one criticised is free of any words of praise. A.) All of his traits stemmed from his willingness to submit to Allah (SWT), and that conscious of Allah (SWT) and his desire to uphold the teachings and character of the Prophet (SAW) enabled him to embody the Deen so beautifully that his intellect and study of the Islamic sciences benefits the entire Ummah to this day. In al-Jawahir al-Mudiyyah (no.

Not even al-Hasan ibn Abi l-Hasan (i.e. He encouraged the questioner to continue after number one and the questioner responded that he could not. Al-Khatib al-Baghdadi (392 – 463) narrates in Tarikh Baghdad: Al-Khallal informed me: ‘Ali ibn ‘Amr al-Hariri informed me that ‘Ali ibn Muhammad al-Nakha‘i narrated to them: Najih ibn Ibrahim narrated to us: Ibn Karamah narrated to us: We were with Waki‘ [ibn al-Jarrah] (126 – 196) one day and a man said: “Abu Hanifah erred!” Waki‘ said: How can Abu Hanifah err when with him are the likes of Abu Yusuf (113 – 182) and Zufar (110 – 158) in their logic; and the likes of Yahya ibn Abi Za’idah (120 – 182), Hafs ibn Ghiyath (117 – 194), Hibban (111 – 171) and Mindal (103 – 169) in their memorisation of hadith; and the like of al-Qasim ibn Ma‘n (100 – 175) in his knowledge of language and Arabic; and Dawud al-Ta’i (105 – 162) and Fudayl ibn ‘Iyad (107 – 187) in their asceticism and their scrupulousness?

He would never take Allah (SWT)’s name in vain by swearing upon his product.

His stand with truth: Once he found out that one of his partners had sold a large amount of goods incompatibly with Islam. His teachers in Kufa, as mentioned in his biographies, include: According to biographies, he also studied with people from Basra, such as Qatada b. He was a contemporary of Imams Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Yahya ibn Ma‘in, Ishaq ibn Rahwayh and ‘Ali ibn al-Madini. “All Praise be to Allah who allowed the truth to arise from the family of the Prophet (SAW) and who took away the injustice of the oppression. Waki‘ (no. the stolen sheep. Imam Abu Hanifa (RH) exemplified several other traits in his life that can be benefited from. This is also recognised in the books of later non-Hanafi authorities, as for example, Imam al-Nawawi refers to him as “Hafs ibn Ghiyath al-Hanafi” in his work on Usul al-Hadith called al-Taqrib of which al-Suyuti’s Tadrib al-Rawi is a commentary (Tadrib al-Rawi, Muhammad Ayman al-Shabrawi ed., p. 374). His narrations are found in the Marasil of Abu Dawud. (Tahdhib al-Kamal 23:62-76). All of his endeavours were directed toward the Hereafter”. A SMALL GLIMPSE OF IMAAM ABU HANIFA’S (R.A.) TEACHERS: Aamir Ibn Shurahbeel, Sha’abi Kufi, Alqama Ibn Marthad, Ziyaad Ibn Ilaqa, Adi Ibn Thabit, Qataada Basri, Muhammed Ibn Munkadir Madni, Simaak Ibn Harb, Qays Ibn Muslim Kufi, Mansoor Ibn Umar etc. In addition to the formulated Hanafi fiqh which is extant today, the only thing known about sources of his fiqh from old reports are some hadiths which are not very reliable. centre of ahaadith. Sharik has stated, "I have never once observed Imaam Out of fear of Allah (SWT), he went ahead to meet the daughter. rations for 15 days, after which he was forcefully made to drink a poison

basic Islamic teachings were acquired as a child, which were short lived

How many times does he pronounce divorce on her?’  I did not know what to say so I instructed her to ask Hammad and then return and inform me.

According to most of his teachers were scholars Abdullah bin Masood, Ibrahim Al-Nakhai, Amir bin Al-Shaba, Qatada Ibn Al-Numanand, Imam Ata Ibn Raba and many more. He also travelled to Basra to debate with Ibadis, Sufris, and other theological branches of Islam. 9. Hence, the accreditation (ta‘dil) of Ibn Hibban stands and Maslama’s criticism is rejected. alone. He was even ahead of themashayikh from whom he heard hadith.” (Tarikh Baghdad 9:75) Al-‘Ijli said: “Hafs ibn Ghiyath is trustworthy and reliable, a faqih, and he was judge over Kufa.