Make it last two months or however long suits you and your family. Learn about the meaning, history and importance of Advent readings for each week. inside the Domestic Church! The Advent Reading Plan starts on December 1 and ends on December 25. He sent His own Son, Jesus, to make a way for us. (Check out a great example of that here! Your email address will not be published. Want advertising space on our blog? Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Live Hope, Give Hope: A Plan to Share the Goodness of Jesus at Christmas, 3. December 1-31, 6 readings per week And since the season of Advent is fast approaching, I’m sharing my Advent Bible Reading Plan. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Exile: 2 Chronicles 36:15-21; Zechariah 9:9-17, 22. I want to help you create a faith-filled home by providing Christian printables for your home. Readings from Matthew, Luke, and John All rights reserved. While personal quiet time is great, some busy women just invite their children right in. Over the last few weeks we have had hundreds of churches and thousands of individuals join with us to walk through Long-Expected Jesus this Advent season. Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of which My Printable Faith receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. Daily Christmas Activities For Families - Raising Everyday Disciples, Purchase With a Purpose: Ethical Gift Ideas - Raising Everyday Disciples, Purchase With a Purpose: Ethical Gift Ideas, Faithful Discipleship in the Home and Beyond. Christmas can be a wonderful and fun time of the year but it’s easy to get caught up in the busyness that goes along with the season. Please try again. Consider pairing the readings with a prayer or song. See below to get your own Advent Bible Reading Plan printable and to also get the printable cards to go along with each day. This includes my prayers and devotions, too. Ask someone to join you in doing this advent study, whether that is a friend, a spouse, someone you are discipling, a neighbor, or talk about doing it as a family. Traditions are an important part of our family and we work really hard on teaching our children how to focus on each season. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. December 1-25, everyday Over the years, we have used a children’s Bible such as the Jesus Storybook Bible during advent to present the grand narrative of scripture to our children and to point us all to the need for Jesus to come. Thank you so much!! Below you’ll find five seasonal Bible Reading Plans to choose from plus some ideas for integrating them into your day. Print your own reading plan and printables! Jesus is at the center of everything we do! Day 2: Luke 2:8-14. David Anointed: Judges 2:16-23, 1 Samuel 8:4-22; 16:1-13, 18: Isaiah: Isaiah 9:1-7, Isaiah 11:1-11, Jeremiah 31:27-40, 20. Each day of the reading plan comes with a brief explanation to help you understand what we’re reading. Take time for reading before a meal, before bed, or first thing in the morning with your coffee or tea Gather your loved ones around your nativity or advent wreath for the reading of the day. Required fields are marked *. With the printables, you will also get questions to ask as you read the passages as well as a memory verse to memorize and meditate on throughout the month! If you have other ideas for using them or other spiritual practices that keep you close to God during the holidays, I’d love to hear about them. 1. Comfort and Joy: A Simple Bible Reading Plan for Christmas And wow, can we certainly use some Christmas! Thanks for sharing! – Lisa <><. The readings in this plan can be done individually, in a group, or as a family. It is a chance to pause and be filled with wonder and awe at all God has done. Using an Advent bible reading plan is another great tool that we can use to get our children familiar with the liturgical seasons. Advent begins on Sunday, December 2 and our reading plan goes until Christmas day. He said to them, “This is what I told you, while I was still with you, that all things which are written in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me must be fulfilled.”, Your email address will not be published. Thank you! Long-Expected Jesus: An Advent Reading Plan. For years, my habit has been to wake before my family and have quiet time. Some scriptures are repeated so folks can savor the reading. Some churches and families place the candles in an Advent wreath, with the Christ candle in the center. Here are a few previews to the printables available for this advent plan! The authors wish everyone a merry, Christ-centered Christmas! This is great for younger kids!) We are excited to journey with you during this time of prayerful anticipation. As I mentioned before, many churches often use a series of themes in Advent, one for each of the four Sundays in the season. Terms & Conditions. I really enjoy having a plan to walk through with the family each year. I have created a printable resource to use with children to help them engage with each story and remember the story of Scripture as you go. #SimplifyingChristmas with the DoNotDepart Team. These readings are built to give you a longing, anticipation, and excitement that leads to the birth of Jesus, the One who will save His people from their sins. Ask Him to give you (and others) eyes to see who He is and His big plan of redemption in Jesus throughout the grand narrative of scripture. Sacrifice of Isaac: Genesis 22, Galatians 3:6-14, 29, 11. You don’t have to look far to see how many times God tells the people of Israel to remember. *Note: The printables are only available for free when you subscribe to my monthly discipleship newsletter, but the reading plan is also listed below! Also includes a sentence prayer and action prompts to Help, Offer, Pray, or Encourage All our printables are for personal use only. ( Log Out /  Pingback: Daily Christmas Activities For Families - Raising Everyday Disciples, Pingback: Purchase With a Purpose: Ethical Gift Ideas - Raising Everyday Disciples, Your email address will not be published. Try listening to the Christmas story on an audio Bible while driving or cleaning. • 18 scripture readings from Matthew, Luke, and John. Related: Simple and Intentional Living During the Holiday Season. Jesus, the Coming Messiah- Advent Bible Readings from Old Testament to New, Take time for reading before a meal, before bed, or first thing in the morning with your coffee or tea. It starts on the 1st of December and goes all the way through till Christmas Day on the 25th and includes scriptures from both the Old and New Testaments going through not just the birth of Jesus but the prophecies that led up to it. Your first step toward putting God first in your finances. While advent is a special season, there is nothing particularly special about advent in and of itself. • Lyrics to five public domain Christmas carols, one for each week of Advent plus Christmas Eve. • Each scripture reading is accompanied by a title and sentence prayer This was originally offered in 2016, so you’ll need to adapt the day for “worship and rest” to fit this year’s calendar. Every year, I wonder where the time has gone. Wouldn’t it be fun to use your nativity figures to act out the reading! May Christ be exalted and God be glorified! Christmas Devotional Reading | Stray Thoughts. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! A place for kids to have fun while learning about Jesus. You are welcome to use any/all of these resources with proper attribution. The good news is it doesn’t have to be this way. ( Log Out /  this series of videos on Youtube from the Ravi Zaccharias International Ministry. Center your Advent reading around something you already do. I will be sharing this. Immediately after, God commands the people to set up a memorial so that they will remember and “know that the hand of the Lord is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God forever.” Joshua 4:24. Use these Advent readings for 2020 - short Bible passages to read during the lighting of the Advent wreath. As you read about the faithfulness of God and the brokenness of humanity, I pray that you will see God’s promises all throughout scripture as God’s people eagerly await the Savior who will come to bring good news of great joy to all peoples of the earth. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. A family devotion is a special thing! These are often tied to the lectionary readings (if your church uses a lectionary). One is a beautiful large printable that is perfect for your refrigerator or to frame and display during the Advent Season. If you would like to read about the birth of Jesus (Day 6) on Christmas Day, start this reading plan on December 20th with one scripture reading per day. It causes us to pause, dwell on and rejoice in God’s goodness, and remember the big picture story of redemption through Christ that we are a part of as God’s people. These could be cut out and used as ornaments, could be cut into cards and used to practice putting them in chronological order, or could be strung together as a banner in your home to use as you read each night.