Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag. My body wanted a variety of nutrients. Place all of the ingredients (including the soaked oatmeal) in a blender and blend at high speed for … Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices », Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti (Breadfruit Stir fry), Chakka Vevichathu (Mashed Jackfruit with Coconut), Kozhi Ularthiyathu (Kerala Style Sauteed Chicken), Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices, Fish Curry with Raw Mango in Coconut Milk, Kozhuva Peera Vechathu (Anchovies simmered with Coconut), Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Cheese Sauce, Pitted Dates – 4 (Alternatively, you can use sugar or any other sweeter). this trick sounds a bit crazy but it really works, I love your butter banana oat smoothie……. We want to make eating healthy easy and this recipe does just that! Combine banana, yogurt, almond milk, oats, honey, and cinnamon in a blender; blend until smooth. I personally like 2 parts almond milk to one part oats. Almond Milk is a dairy free alternative to Milk. Thanks! Normally I’m obsessed with red berries in all my blended beverages, but something about this combo was absolutely perfect as it was. A heartwarming bowl of oatmeal with almond milk that is naturally sweetened with a banana. Stir. Silly though this may be, that small fact significantly dampens my enthusiasm to return to Rincon! Place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. All the while I realized and once again have been enjoying oatmeal with almond milk as a good breakfast habit. I craved it the whole time we were there. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. I could sleep under the warm blanket till noon. True recipe or not, this is my absolute favorite smoothie ever, so I would never want to forget the combo, and it deserves to be in your life, too. It’s super easy to make oatmeal with almond milk. It’s filling, nourishing, and delicious. They are fabulous! Start uncovering and accepting the unique person you already are with a free e-book full of 20 must have recipes, weekly inspiration, and exclusives you won’t want to miss. You can make oatmeal on the stove or in the microwave. As we’re spending more time at home, it’s easy to grab oats from the pantry and almond milk from the fridge. This looks delicious. This was back before I cooked on the regular, so it took some time to realize – duh – I could try to recreate it. My bananas were ripening so quickly last summer that every week I froze one or two, knowing I would use them for smoothies at some point. A banana concoction with flax seeds and just a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. https://www.allrecipes.com/.../banana-chocolate-almond-milk-smoothie I just use cinnamon, oats, banana with the 2% milk. I just made this and thought it was delicious. If memory serves, we might have even gone twice on the last day, before driving back to San Juan. I have used packaged Almond Milk int his recipe. Banana adds a delightfully sweet flavor without causing your blood sugar to spike. You saved Banana Oatmeal Smoothie to your. I caught up with a friend over margaritas and mexican food, and also enjoyed some yoga sculpt classes where I sweat my entire soul onto the mat. So don’t skip the oats. Made this and loved it as breakfast. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And….I will be making this, with some spinach added! Enjoy! Overtime, our taste buds will change. My 3 year old and I like to make it together. Add oats, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and banana to a saucepan. Feel free to add a pinch of salt to help enhance the flavors. Here is a healthy smoothie made with Banana, Oats, Dates and Almond Milk. I also opted to add oatmeal for a delicious filling breakfast, but if you are simply using this as a snack or if you don’t like oats, simply omit. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I want to savor them longer. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about shakes and smoothies. It was important to me that I was skinny. an elite cafemedia food publisher | Site by KC & A+A. Gorgeous sunsets, good food, lounging by the pool, watching and listening to waves crash at night, all the usual things you love about a beach vacation. It’s high in minerals and vitamins while being low in calories. To speed up the cooking time, you can soak the rolled oats before cooking. TRUE STORY⠀⠀ So nice to have another healthy yet delicious breakfast recipe in our back pockets! And good anytime of the year – warms you up during colder months and refreshing in the warmer months topped with fruit. Oatmeal can be ready in less than 10 minutes! My daughter and I both loved it! I became known as a healthy eater and felt I could only eat “healthy” foods around family and friends. It’s about changing our habits and changing our lives. We want to make eating healthy easy and this recipe does just that! Note: If you use extra ripe bananas, you probably won’t need to add any sweetener. I could triple the recipe and drink it all at once, it’s so good! Oatmeal with coconut milk is another good option. Oatmeal with almond milk is a good breakfast habit, Let’s dig into oatmeal with almond milk’s benefits. So I began controlling and restricting ALL of my food. Delicious and creamy! Christine Muhlke, Nate Appleman, Shelley Lindgren, Kate Leahy, 5 hours 15 minutes, plus overnight seasoning, 1 1/2 hours, plus 4 hours or overnight chilling. I believe the Banana Dang original is made with soy milk, which is delicious, but I’ve found I love the flavor that Almond Breeze Almondmilk imparts even more. originally published June 19, 2017 — last updated January 27, 2020 by Monica | Nourish + Fete. I’m not sure why really. You’ll also get our weekly spoonful of goodness email with wellness tips and even more recipes. Wow Maddie this made my day!! First though, I’m focusing on a redesign for Ambitious Kitchen which will take up an incredible amount of time. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. My hair and nails became brittle. Instant or quick oats can be used in place of rolled oats. Inspired by a sweet little coffee shop on the Puerto Rican coast, this wholesome banana almond milk smoothie with flax, vanilla, and a hint of cinnamon tastes like a milkshake yet is healthy and filling enough for a meal. Deep down I wanted to be healthy. Oats are high in fiber and absorb water which makes you feel fuller longer. Subscribe now for full access. Featured in: To deal with my emotions, I turned to something that was consistent and made me feel good – a warm bowl of oatmeal with almond milk. I routinely wished I had one after we got home. Place the oats in the bottom of a blender and pulse a few times until finely ground. , This sounds excellent smoothie for me. Your email address will not be published. (I’ve learned a lot since then.). This post contains affiliate links. I’m so pumped your kiddo loves it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yummmm! Microwave the oats in 1 cup water for 2 minutes. Ser, Hey sister hey. Now you may be thinking – wait say that again? Normally I make the same smoothie but this will be a nice change. Feel free to play with the almond milk to oats ratio based on your preference. You can add whatever toppings you like – chia seeds, nuts, and cacao/cocoa powders. Oatmeal with almond milk is a great breakfast and start to your day. It's about having the confidence to do what we were made to do. To make this vegan, I used almond milk but you can use whatever you have on hand. Fills You Up I recently switched to using almond butter when I started reading the nutritional breakdown and found this fun infographic comparing peanut butter to almond butter. I just didn’t know where to start. You can also use Coconut Milk. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add a hit of pumpkin pie spice for a little extra flavor! If you have work to do, kids to feed, or places to go, you can always put it in a cup and eat it on the go. To me, almond butter and bananas are an essential combination in life. Please check your inbox to receive your free download! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Add the banana, … Peggy, Congrats! It simply didn t have a lot of flavor. I compare it to a bit like a runner’s high, except with an emotional connection. Gone were the days where I would enjoy a piece of cake with friends or a burger and fries. I’m Monica Lensink, a busy mom, recipe developer and photographer here at Nourish and Fete. On such lazy days, I prefer making a smoothie for breakfast. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. You can also make it even more filling by topping with a protein such as peanut butter. Is that even healthy?