Southern In Law is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, This Ricotta Banana Bread will fill you up and give you the energy needed to start your day. Fruity Ricotta Granita: a healthy snack option that uses only fruit juice, ricotta, and a banana. A few extra slices of red onion, torn leaves of lettuce, an extra piece of grilled chicken, a cup of roasted vegetables. It's full of texture with the oats and is super moist thanks to the bananas and ricotta. I created this recipe as a way to reduce the dessert calories in my diet. Banana Ricotta Cake! Vegan Banana Bread Yummly. 1 Peach, ripe (peel, cut in half and remove pit, chop coarsely), 1 Tablespoon of your favorite Fruit Preserve, Jelly or Jam. Bring to a boil and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, mash the banana thoroughly. Best the ricotta in them is awesome! When it comes to granitas, the sky’s the limit! Top with banana and sprinkle with cinnamon. Healthy Diet Food: Ricotta, Banana and Honey on Rye Toast Recipe. In a separate bowl, blend together the sugar, eggs, oil and buttermilk using a whisk. Get started with this healthy, fruit-filled recipe. I'm a big baker, and have like to try different recipes. Kristy Sayer-Jones @ Southern In Law July 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM. I will definately be making them again!Hootie72. When the weather is cold, I always seek out warm foods. Dessert doesn't get much simpler than that - does it? salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nonstick cooking spray, granulated sugar and 8 more . Another healthy delight for a hot season! I am a sucker for banana nut muffins. chrissy freer, My children know nothing of summer thunderstorms and the welcome cool rinse after a scorcher of a hot summer day. They are made with 100% whole wheat and mixed with ricotta cheese, to make a chewy muffin that is even good the next day. It sounds like it ended up working out so it could just be the pan size or material that was why the baking time was different.As with any recipe, baking times are just a guide as things like size/outside temperature/altitude/ingredient temperature etc all affects the time it takes to bake. https://wisconsinhomemaker.com/banana-ricotta-granita-recipe I never really thought to put banana in baked ricotta but it sounds delicious! Yum! I used part-skim ricotta. Warm summer rain is so inviting. I love rye bread, and always have the pre-sliced loaves in for breakfasts. After about two hours, you can use the side of a spoon to scrape the “ice,” and scoop, serve, and eat! The chefs at the Pritikin health resort have introduced thousands over the last four decades to the pleasures of healthy cooking. This low-cal dessert, Banana Ricotta Granita Recipe, is made with just a handful of ingredients that makes it unbelievably rich and creamy. Searched specifically for a banana bread with ricotta cheese, so this was the first banana bread recipe I made with ricotta. I have been trying to get rid of leftovers lately – dealing with those pesky little odds and ends you find in your refrigerator. *I've never tried using fat-free ricotta in this as I don't like it, but I wouldn't suggest using it in this recipe as it may dry out your breakfast bread. So, if you buy something or take action after clinking one of these links on this website, I will receive a small commission. This novelty is more than welcome, especially with the drought. I love the ricotta cheese recipe. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. One word of caution: choosing this option, you might find a difference in the texture. Then pour the Banana Granita into a covered, freezer-safe container. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! banana, Love that you’ve used ricotta in there too! Banana cream caramel sauce instructions Mix water, sugar, and lemon juice and place in a saucepan. These healthy banana ricotta muffins are moist, yummy and great for kids or adults. I like this bread topped with peanut butter whilst Jesse prefers his toasted with butter - but you can eat it however and whenever you like! I'm Kristy, twenty-seven, a coeliac, major bookworm and married to my very own Southern Gentleman. Top banana-bread-ricotta-cheese recipes just for you Explore more recipes . Definitely worth a try :). Banana muffins… ^^. Thank you so much for posting! Learn how your comment data is processed. Replies. 5-minutes-or-less, bananas, granita, healthy, low cal. Scoop mixture into a plastic bowl and cover with food-grade plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap touches the top of the mixture. The last time I used up ricotta in some muffins, I made a vow to bake more with ricotta, but funny how easy it is to forget. On another try, I'd probably use low-fat ricotta. Hey Jacky, Did the banana bread just need longer to bake? Your muffin version is great because it’s bite size! last time I used up ricotta in some muffins, Bakery Style Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins, Simple Sundays | Mechado Filipino Beef Stew, Potato Pesto Pizza with Brussels Sprouts and Yellow Squash, Spiced Nuts: Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts, Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Almond Flour and Spiced Maple Glaze, 10 Easy Filipino Desserts with Coconut Milk. I love these, never thought of ricotta cheese addition to a muffin recipe. how we met whilst on opposite sides of the world. I am also trying to get rid of leftovers. Find out more about oats on a gluten free diet here. Let me know what you think! For more great but low-cal desserts like this Banana Ricotta Granita Recipe, be sure to check out the Recipe Section from Wisconsin Homemaker. With leftover ricotta cheese (you’ll use 1 cup in this recipe), I whipped up a batch of these Banana Nut Ricotta Muffins. kid friendly, I am a midwestern wife and mother who loves to share family friendly recipes, along with my two cent's worth on everything home and garden. I made very minor changes with great success. I used slightly more cinnamon and slightly less nutmeg (I’m not a nutmeg fan). Plus they're healthy too, so what more reason do you need to give them a try! The Pritikin Eating Plan recommends at least 4 servings of fruit daily. ricotta, We've gone from 10,000 miles apart to right beside one another - finally home in Australia together. It is so delicious - and the ricotta makes it so moist! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. A super-speedy breakfast that packs an indulgent punch while still low on calories. You can’t go wrong with fruits! To replicate, the ingredients you’ll need are: yellow bananas, fruit juice, and whole milk ricotta. These turned out nice and moist, like banana cake, but held together well. by Liren Baker on June 12, 2015 updated May 18, 2020 | 11 Comments. I'm Kristy, twenty-seven, a coeliac, major bookworm and married to my very own Southern Gentleman. That’s not too bad for a full cup of banana ice. Place in a tightly closed container that is freezer-safe. These muffins look perfect! In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg, milk, butter, vanilla and banana. Which is why I made chili with my leftover ground beef and cookies with my leftover caramels today. Blackberry Yogurt Muffins Being as I live in the “Dairy State,” I love the idea of ricotta and bananas because it gives you the feeling of eating ice cream but with only 137 calories per serving. The cookies were a disaster, but the chili turned out great :p, I love banana! This is the time for another banana recipe. Spread the bread with ricotta. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Top with banana and sprinkle with cinnamon. Banana Bread Yummly. I made this recipe exactly as instructed, using 1/4 cup of almond milk for the liquid. She also is a participant in Google AdSense Affiliate program. Read More I used 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour plus 1 cup all-purpose, instead of 3 cups all-purpose. Kitchen Confidante uses cookies to serve you the best possible experience. 10 minute breakfast, If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. Wow! Southern In-Law covers everything in our lives - from our passion for healthy living to our journey of life, love, our wedding, allergy friendly recipes, book reviews, home decor, travel, a sprinkle of fashion and beauty and so much more - join us for the ride! Thanks you so much for the recipe! Puree until smooth and creamy. Add the banana mixture to the flour and stir until combined. Oh yay! WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! Remove bananas from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes (until they begin to defrost around the edges).