Tear out 4 12 x 12 pieces of nonstick foil and lay them on a flat surface (or on a baking sheet if you are cooking in the oven). The potatoes still didn't cook all the way and the veggies were way overcooked...but the chicken turned out GREAT! I don't go camping or grill. Place equal amounts onto 4 large rectangles of heavy duty foil. I double wrapped each packet in heavy duty foil to keep all the juices in 6. Must have been too long but the potatoes were just done and some weren't thoroughly cooked. I increased the spices as others suggested but that only benefited the vegetables. The barbecue chicken packets from Spend with Pennies are perfect over the campfire or on the grill for added smoky flavor. are a fun and simple summer dinner that the whole family will love. Season with salt and pepper. My husband and I both agreed that we could easliy eat this over and over again! Place packets on the grill. Drizzle over the chicken. The better question is what CAN’T you season chicken with? collection, 14 in Grill, turning packets occasionally, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 15-20 minutes. Here are a few ideas on what you can do with all that food. Fold foil over the chicken-potato-mushroom mixture and scrunch the ends of the foil together to close off the foil pack. Add oil to a bowl along with chicken, potatoes, and mushrooms and toss to coat everything in the oil. Potatoes, juicy barbecue chicken breasts, cheese, and green onions are wrapped up in foil and baked or grilled to tender perfection. Alternately, if you want to back these packs, pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Place foil packets in 2 (1-gallon) freezer bags. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. Cover and cook 25–30 min., until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. collection. Mix up all the seasonings then set those aside. I pinned it! Start by cutting up the potatoes into cubes, then toss them in melted butter with pieces of bacon and delicious seasonings. That is, of course, unless you are doing something like a. in which you need to sauce the whole entire piece of meat or some other dish that has a glaze or dip that the chicken needs to be coated in before serving. . After reading the other reviews, I did make a minor change. Place each chicken breast on a piece of heavy duty foil. These Herbed Chicken & Potato Foil Packs are loaded with really yummy flavors and are incredibly simple to make. Very helped me in completing the hobby of cooking. Manage Baked Salmon with Beet and Watercress Mash in my favorites. After reading tons of reviews here's what i did: I used red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar because thats all I had and I used Italian seasoning instead of the basil and thyme. Place all the packets onto a preheated grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-7 minutes. Place 1 chicken breast in the center of each square, top with potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Get dinner on the table with little prep and easy clean up! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I couldn’t wait to go fishing and hiking and back-woods exploring, and you better believe I looked forward to my mama’s tin foil dinners. Place all the packets onto a preheated grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-7 minutes. However I do think the recipe has potential and that's why I gave it three stars. But even then, those are glazes and sauces, and not spices so much. See what's hot! The most popular recipe content of the last 24 hours. No, but seriously, if you’re camping or just making these packs at home, the result will be the same I promise! Sprinkle the contents of each packet with the seasonings and then fold the foil over the chicken-potato-mushroom mixture and scrunch the ends of it together to close off the foil pack. This is AMESOME!!!! 35 min. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BACON POTATO FOIL PACKETS. Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs, Chicken and Potatoes with Dijon Cream Sauce, Classic Traditional Homemade Stuffing Recipe, Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup, Slow Cooker OR Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, Salted Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies, Pumpkin Cookies With Brown Sugar Frosting, Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole, 3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Potato Candy (no bake), Sheet Pan Pork Chops and Brussels Sprouts, Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes (Five Ingredients), Skillet Chicken in Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce. One Bowl Chocolate Cake | The Recipe Critic, Chicken Brown Rice Bowl (copycat Zinque’s Le Bowl), Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe {Lofthouse-Style! I used boneless skinless breast. BBQ Chicken and Potato Foil Packet Ingredients: (makes 5 packets) 2 lbs. Place foil packets on grill. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. This way, the flavors are locked in (seared, sauteed, steamed, however it’s cooked, same result). I HIGHLY recomend! Congrats! An easy meal-in-one and the best part, easy cleanup! Sprinkle the onion over the chicken, then top with the potato slices. 80 in Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Bring up sides of foil and fold over twice. If you’re planning a camping trip, you MUST make these part of your adventure. This was ridiculous easy and delicious! 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices, 2 large onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices, 2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips, Back to Grilled Chicken and Potato Foil Packs. No need to turn them. 1 packet Shallot Tarragon Compound Butter Mix, 1½ - 1¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper, 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed, 6 (18x15-inch) pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil. I really want to make this recipe work because I like so many things about it--one dish meal healthy easy cooking and clean-up. Divide the chicken among 4 (12x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. I don't know what I did wrong but the chicken was not as moist as I expected it to be. collection. grilling time was perfect chicken was done and the veggies were still crisp tender. All Rights Reserved. These BBQ Chicken Foil Packets are delicious, made with seasoned chicken, your favorite BBQ sauce and frozen veggies. When making chicken and potatoes foil packets in the oven, you need to first preheat the oven or grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Fold sides of foil up around mixture and roll edges tightly to seal. #foilpackets ” data-pin-title=”BBQ Chicken Foil Packets” data-sizes=”(max-width: 550px) 100vw, 550px” /> BBQ Chicken Foil Packets. Mix the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic. 51 in In this article, we’re glad to share 30 ridiculously delicious chicken foil packets. Sprinkle with the parsley. Lay out 4 12x12 sheets of nonstick foil on a flat surface. Cut potatoes into quarters; salt and pepper as desired. Ladle 1/4 of the sauce on each and fold the foil around the ingredients to form four sealed packets… Grill over medium heat for 30 minutes. Pierce potatoes in several spots with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. This would be great to toss on the grill right in the backyard too. are a great way to season chicken with some milder Asian spices too! If you have cravings for chicken, you should never miss these for meals. I change something to fit what I had in the Kitchen: instead of cider vinager i used soy sauce adn instead of thyme i added a little bit of parsley. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Next, add the chicken, potatoes, and mushrooms to a bowl and toss to coat with the oil. Required fields are marked *. One of the best ever bbq chicken recipe i have ever tried. Turkey, sides, desserts - find lots of fast and easy recipes to give thanks for on the big day. Santa Fe chicken foil packets, pineapple BBQ chicken foil packet, cheesy chicken and potato foil packet, fajita chicken foil packet and some other are recommended here. We made this last night -- first time I've cooked an unreviewed recipe. Grill over medium heat for 30 minutes. So next time I think i'll cook the potatoes in a seperate foil pack; making sure they cook all the way. You're awesome :) xxZoehttp://thatszoe.blogspot.com. Chicken & Potato Foil Packets: easy to prepare, easy to eat and even easier to clean up. And if you’re not the camping type (no judgement here, I married one of you not-so-happy-campers), please say you’ll still make these in your backyard on the grill. Divide chicken, potatoes, green beans and red peppers among pieces of foil. She is the owner of LifeWith4Boys.com where you will find information on Family Travel, recipes, reviews, lifestyle and more. Get Recipe. 2020