Complete the reps with right hand, then repeat on the left to complete one set. Lower back to starting position and repeat. Your chest helps maintain posture and upright stability that in time improves your posture. Shape is part of the Instyle Beauty Group.

Why Does One Of My Ears Suddenly Feel Hot? ev.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? How it works: Three days a week, do 1 set of each of these chest workout moves back to back, with no rest between moves. Keeping your chest puffed out and your elbows slightly bent. The primary functions of your chest muscles are to: So you’re using your chest every time you pick something up, hold something, or push something. That said, if you’re specifically striving to get off your knees with push ups or improve push up form you could tack-on an additional set of push ups (10-20 reps) daily or every other day. var ev = document.createElement('script'); ev.type = 'text/javascript'; ev.async = true; ev.setAttribute('data-ev-tag-pid', 282); ev.setAttribute('data-ev-tag-ocid', 1333); Keeping the body in a straight line, bend elbows and slowly lower down as far as possible. We’ve got answers.) All Rights Reserved  | Privacy Policy  | Cookie Preferences  | Data Policy  | Terms of Service  | if (window.mdp.gdpr.dsarFormLink) document.write('EU Data Subject Requests'); |  AdChoices So if you work a desk job, all the more reason to seek out the best dumbbell chest workout.

3. The pec minor in particular is especially helpful, as the smaller, triangular muscle attaches at the middle of your third, fourth, and fifth ribs.

Catch with straight arms and immediately lower back to your chest and repeat. Exhale as you push both dumbbells up in a straight line, ending with your arms straight overhead, wrist over shoulders. We have several upper body workouts on the blog.

These 7 gym machines are actually worth your time.). 1. I know a lot of women I’ve exercised with have thought that working-out your chest will make your breasts shrink in size. Raise hips so that body forms a straight line from knees to shoulders. (Curious which is a better chest workout for women: close-grip or wide-grip bench press? Here, experts explain why pecs are worthy of your attention. This exercise is great for posture and can help help reduce upper back pain, increase range of motion, and reduce tightness in the upper body. Narrow Chest Press. 25-Minute Chest Workout for Women on Youtube here, Follow along with the guided video at the top of this post. Lie face-up on the floor with knees bent and feet flat, holding a medicine ball at chest.

From a purely functional standpoint, you'll make your day-to-day way easier if you add this chest workout for women to your exercise agenda. Start in high plank position with your shoulders stacked over your wrists; hands shoulder width apart. And if you pec muscles are shortened, from slouching over at a computer all day, they’ll pull down on the shoulder muscles creating bad posture. There’s a misconception that since women have breasts they don’t need to train the chest muscles or pectoralis muscles. Outside of the gym, your pecs play a major role in a wide variety of daily activities, from loading grocery bags into the house, to pushing open a heavy door or lugging a suitcase around an airport.

Floor fly.

I recommend between 8-25 lb dumbbells.

The chest and back muscle groups work in tandem to perform several exercises like push ups and rows. Pause, then slowly return to starting position. When you fix your posture, you also open up your chest, which makes it easier to take deep, quality breaths. Despite the fact that pecs are literally front-and-center, they're pretty easy to ignore. Hi Karen…I had to laugh, you’re not alone in disliking push ups that’s for sure. Collectively, these muscles are known as the pecs, and they cover the entirety of your chest.