Let sit until cool, at least 30 minutes and then remove from pan. Blueberries and limes are a perfect combo, I don’t know why I haven’t tried the combo before. This is a pound cake that is moist and delicious on its own, or you can add a little whipped cream and additional blueberries to bump up the “wow” factor. Those are the best. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lime zest; use a wooden spoon to press the lime zest into the sugar and incorporate to make a lime-scented sugar. It was part of my baking marathon last month when I spent the holiday weekend at Shane’s parents’ house. Toronto Star articles, please go to: www.TorontoStarReprints.com, The Toronto Star and thestar.com, each property of Toronto Star I like the spin with the berries. To order Anyways, back to this pound cake! Poundcake with Blueberries! To order copies of Bake 55 to 60 minutes in 350F oven until wooden skewer inserted in cake comes out clean. This Blueberry Lime Pound Cake has the perfect summery blend of flavors. The glaze should be thin enough to pour, but thick enough to stick to the cake and not run completely down the sides. 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, and more for pan, 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, and more for pan, 4 large eggs and 1 yolk, at room temperature, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, and more as needed. I am a sucker for blueberry and lemon, but this sounds so fantastic. Carefully frost on top of the cooled poundcake and store in fridge until ready to serve. Beat in vanilla extract. this looks amazing! This pound cake is light and refreshing…perfect dessert for a hot summer night. This sounds fantastic. Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan. I know, I know. Republication or distribution of this content is Hi! Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and butter the parchment paper as well. If too thick, add more lime juice. Blueberry Lime Cream Cheese Pound Cake This recipe was originally shared in 2007. Moist Lemon or Orange Pound Loaf Cake Moist Lemon or Orange Pound Loaf, a wonderful soft and delicious cake using freshly squeezed juice and zest. Your email address will not be published. Blueberry Lime Pound Cake. 1 teaspoon baking powder Danged if this isn’t a tangy, sweet and amazing cake. This Blueberry Lime Cream Cheese Pound Cake is so easy to make. You don’t even have to tell me. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract There’s bread in the works, along with boozy cupcakes and a plan for dinner that’s actually coming together before 5 pm . Add the lime-sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Toronto Blueberry Coconut Pound Cake, a deliciously soft coconut cake with a sprinkling of juicy blueberries. Drizzle over the cake; let the glaze set before serving. I think it was actually the last thing I baked, meaning it was sitting on their counter waiting to be devoured when they arrived home from their trip. Whoa. I wonder if bagels have been around just as long too?! Add sugar mixture and beat until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. I don’t make pound cakes much because often I find them too dry or bland, but I loved this spin with the sweet blueberries and tart lime. This Blueberry Lime Cream Cheese Pound Cake is so easy to make. Such a delicious and summery cake recipe! In spouted measuring cup or bowl, mix icing sugar with lime juice until smooth. Required fields are marked *, © 2020 Kiki & Company. We really loved the bright bursts of blueberries, zesty lime and sweet cream cheese frosting. Yes!! If too thin, add more powdered sugar. Use a 12-cup bundt pan to bake your blueberry lime pound cake. I did have a little problem with the cake sticking to the pan make sure you wait the full 10 before you try to take it out of the pan. Your email address will not be published. ), Your email address will not be published. Ooo I love the flavors of blueberry and lime together! Mix in the egg yolk. Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. I’m sure I have blueberried y’all out over the last couple of months, but they just looks so pretty! Who can resist blueberry and lemon, yum! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A pound cake is traditionally made with a pound of each of the following ingredients: butter, sugar, eggs and flour. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature 4 oz PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, room temperature 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Stop mixer and scrape down bowl. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Add the whole eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition (scrape the bowl, as needed). Pulse lime zest with sugar in food processor into small pieces. I usually make a very similar cake using either orange or lemon as an accompaniment. Set aside. All rights reserved. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries. rights reserved. That would give it that little something extra! Love pound cake? Use a rubber spatula to fold in the blueberries. Seriously, PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese has been around longer than cars.