Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. The yogurt gives this loaf a slightly chewier and denser texture as opposed to the full-fat version. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes! Instructions. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. Tell us what you think! Spray bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Use a knife to loosen the loaf from the pan, then remove the loaf onto a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Cool the loaf completely before drizzling the (optional) glaze over the loaf and slicing it into 8 pieces. Line a 900g It is only natural for it not to bear fruit right away, a blueberry bush can take 3 to 4 years before it will produce any fruit. In a separate small bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. We cut fat in this recipe by substituting applesauce and yogurt in place of oil and more sugar. 0 comments. Ingredients. By creating an account, you verify that you are at least 13 years of age, and have read and agree to the PopCulture.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, By PopCulture.com Staff The mixture should be thick but you should be able to pour it out of the bowl. Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 35-45 minutesYield: 8 servingsServing size: 1 slice, Nutrition InformationPer Serving (1 slice):Calories: 182Calories from fat: 12Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar 17gProtein: 6g. Wow! This Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf captured that hot summer morning picking blueberries at my mama’s house perfectly. The blueberries and lemons make for the perfect combination of sweet and tart! I’d love some beets, onions and snaps, yum!! If you decide to make the optional glaze (which we whole-heartedly encourage), the calorie count is upped to 197 per slice, and the WWP+ goes up to 6. Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bread Recipes 134,973 Recipes. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I’ve just got to try this Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf… as I read the recipe I was a little suprised to see a 1/2 C oil in there with all that moist yogurt!. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use some butter to grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess. She planted 3 or 4 bushes and the bushes just kind of sat there year after year and didn’t do anything. We live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. It practically melts in your mouth! Monthly Newsletters Only! Recommended Tools to Make Blueberry Bread. Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving. Instagram Users Are Fed up With Recent Updates, Donald Trump Says He Will 'Never Concede' Despite Authorizing Biden Transition, Secret Service Agents Reportedly Being Asked to Transfer to Florida to Guard Donald Trump After He Leaves Office, Joe Biden Becomes First Presidential Candidate to Get More Than 80 Million Votes, 'Great British Bake Off' Grilled Over 'Problematic' Japanese Week, Comcast Announces It Will Impose Home Internet Data Cap During Pandemic and Customers Are Furious, David Dinkins, Former New York City Mayor, Dead at 93, Melania Trump Goes Blonde Ahead of White House Christmas Celebration. Let the cake cool completely. I don’t have much time to back during the work week. In a small mixing bowl, toss the blueberries in the reserved 1 tablespoon of flour, then gently fold these into the batter. (It comes in a 9×5-inch size also.) Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Our feet were covered in grass from the wet dew. While visiting mama a few weeks ago, she sent us out in the backyard with a couple of Ziploc bags and told us to get some blueberries to take home. I hope you get your hands on some cheap blueberries so you can try this loaf! It is pure delight, and I love it all the more for it. Here’s how I made it: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use some butter to grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess. For more of a fresh lemon taste, bump up the lemon zest! David said to leave the blueberries out (smh). I only like baking when I have time. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. I saw this Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf on www.sweetpeaskitchen.com and I thought to myself, “what a wonderful combination!!”. Required fields are marked *. Or you can bake this Blueberry Bread recipe without any extras or frills. Don’t forget to mention. Entertainment Tonight/TV Guide Network. This Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf has quite the zing to it and it is bursting with lemon flavor and fresh blueberries. STEP 1. That looks perfectly decadent!! Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Share on twitter. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. This is my absolute favorite loaf pan. 134,973 suggested recipes. That wasn’t the case when she first planted them. It practically melts in your mouth! Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. You can also use fresh lemon juice instead of the lemon squeeze bottle.