Sometimes we even cut them up and make mini corn dog muffins.

I like to add a few aromatics and herbs to keep things lively – think an onion, or some garlic, fresh parsley, and whole spices like cumin seeds.

When using this method, never split your dog or poke holes in it.

Learn to create restaurant quality family meals using the four S's. Making hot dogs in the crockpot is also a good option. Add hot dogs to boiling water.

Bring small saucepan filled halfway with water to simmering boil on high. The perfect appetizer for parties or watching the big game! I usually grill or boil my hot dogs, but I haven’t boiled them in forever.

Crockpot grape jelly & BBQ meatballs – only 3 ingredients.

If adding frozen hot dogs, cook for 8-10 minutes. © 2020 I Heart Nap Time, All Rights Reserved. Boiling hot dogs is a fun and simple way to make a delicious meal for the family without having to fire up the grill. She is also the author of the I Heart Naptime Cookbook.

It is super easy, but takes a little more time. Hot dogs are not usually the kids favourite (weird I know!) Heat the liquid and dissolve the bouillon cubes into it. Great post! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. And just like boiling corn, you might be surprised at how good it tastes! Such a great flavor booster!

How long to boil hot dogs Because they are already cooked, it doesn’t take long to boil them. For a moist and soft hot dog, simmer them for around 3 to 4 minutes. Perfect as a quick and easy lunch or a classic camping food! While your hot dogs are boiling, heat your buns by toasting them with some butter in a skillet or in the oven. Below are a few of our favorites: Snap a pic and hashtag it #IHeartNaptime — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Boiling hot dogs is simple. My kids love hot dogs.

whole cumin seeds OR 1 or 2 whole star anise. Think of it as a stock. What’s up, after readcing this awesome post i am as well delighteed Now I know most of you don’t need a recipe for this, but since I get a lot of requests for easy lunch ideas for kids during the summer, I thought I would share one of our go to’s. You can fill a large, wide and deep saute pan with an inch or two of liquid. You have to flavor that liquid! Either option is delicious. May have to give it a go! If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was! Facebook | Twitter | Youtube   Pinterest | Instagram  Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook.

Balsamic Steamed Shrimp is a new twist on an old favorite.

When grilling isn’t an option (or there isn’t room on the grill) it’s nice to be able to boil them instead. Add water to a large pot over medium-high heat. I know what you are thinking and I will start off by saying, yes, they are in fact delicious. A quick and kid-friendly lunch idea that's so simple to make! I think it’s time to throw some hot dogs on for the kids! Snap a pic and hashtag it #SavoryExperiments— We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! If you want a more beer hall flavor profile, add one or two whole star anise instead of the cumin. Set up your hot dog bar toppings right next to the slow cooker and you are good to go! Jessica is a contributor to PopKitchen by Parade, Better Homes & Gardens, The Daily Meal Food + Travel and more! You will boil off the alcohol so it will still be kid-friendly. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings. This process is more about heating them through and adding a little flavor along the way. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera. I Heart Naptime is a food and lifestyle blog sharing easy recipes and tips, to help families create unforgettable moments. A quick and kid-friendly lunch idea that’s so simple to make! Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of I Heart Naptime. Translation, flavor that water.

Then place them on top of a toasted bun and add all your favorite toppings! Copyright © 2020 Savory Experiments, All Rights Reserved. This will also boil off the alcohol in … There is more than one way to boil a hot dog and you will be blown away by the delicious and most importantly, easy options there are. Once the water is boiling, immerse the dogs one by one with the help of tongs. I'm Jamielyn Nye, cookbook author, mom of 4 and a big fan of naptime and chocolate. Add the garlic through the cumin seeds and heat on medium-high until you reach a rolling boil.

In the summer we even love doing a hot dog toppings bar. This will stop boiling, but leave heat alone, it will boil again. Add the garlic through the cumin seeds and heat on medium-high until you reach a rolling boil. You want to keep it sealed to the meat inside doesn’t dry out or lose its texture.

CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS! Chicken or beef are both great, but vegetable bouillon will work in a pinch too. Be careful not to cook them too long or they will get mushy. Change to the “keep warm” setting and they will be good for hours!

Depending on the brand of the hot dog and the kind of casing, shorter cook times result in a softer dog while longer cooking times offer a hot dog with more snap.

Simply add the frozen hot dog to the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes, or until heated through. I was skeptical at first, but it certainly makes for a good hot dog!

Which I definitely don’t mind, because they couldn’t be easier to whip up…especially when boiling on the stove.