Your email address will not be published. I was given a start years ago by my mother-in-law and she called it comfrey. A poultice of crushed Borage leaves will relieve insect bites and stings, reduce swelling and bruising and is also helpful for clearing up boils and rashes. You might have heard the saying, ‘Borage for Courage’, which is a rough translation of the old Latin verse “Ego borago gaudia semper ago”. I was in, The animals we share our lives with often hold gre, Spirit speaks in many ways and music is one of the, It's so awesome to get feedback like this from cli, Mosquitos got me last night but I wasn't too put o. Why don’t you consider getting a pot of Indian Borage and make this tea too? A russet potato worked fine. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. A little veggie stock and a smidge of duck fat added to a heap of blanched borage (borage only needs about 30 seconds in salted boiling water to blanch, by the way), and, after sufficient buzzing, I had a nice green soup. And if your summer has been as hot as ours has been, you might enjoy a recipe for a cold, Borage-infused, lemonade. Borage seed oil is also often used in cosmetics and for skin complaints. You can even gently sauté them like spinach. Still, I never harvested it until my friend, Patricia, who’s suffering from a cough came over two weekends ago. A few hours before Patricia came, I plucked the leaves and simply boil them with honey dates. Instead, I plant my own. Now that I know it taste so delicious and is extremely beneficial to the body, I’ll be making it a lot more. What a thrill! I enjoyed it best with just a little added lemon. Delicious Borage Recipes that you will love! A little veggie stock and a smidge of duck fat added to a heap of blanched borage (borage only needs about 30 seconds in salted boiling water to blanch, by the way), and, after sufficient buzzing, I had a … It contains a fatty acid called gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Here’s what you need and how to make it: A healthy drink tastes pleasantly sweet with a mild herbal taste. Happy gardening! Once it takes off in your garden, it will self-seed and you’ll find many new plants all over the place! Perfectionism is a symptom of trauma. Next Post → Leave a Comment Cancel Reply. You can read more about it at Wikipedia. Step 4 Serve hot or chilled. I bought succulents and cactuses. Light, airy almond fairy cakes topped with poured fondant icing and an edible candied borage flower. Recipe by Rita1652. . It’s very soothing to the throat too. My daughter’s birthday cakes are always decorated with the end of season flowers, and I love just putting a few leaves in my water bottle. But before we get into the recipe, let’s take a quick look at the fascinating use of Borage throughout history; how you can grow your own; and why it is a perfect and gentle herbal support for those dealing with anxiety and depression. I love the color progression of the blue flowers. Don’t leave it any longer, otherwise the leaves will begin to release tannins and make the tea taste bitter. The leaves of the borage has hints of cucumber and the beautiful starflowers have hints of honey. Historically grown for both food and medicine, it has been recorded that Ancient Greek soldiers would drink a mix of Borage tea and wine to fortify themselves before battle. Borage being an herb, I figured I needed something to add body. ), Sourdough Apple Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Chili (Stove Top, Instant Pot, Crock Pot), Best Herbs For Women (PMS, menopause, fertility & more! Refreshing and easy. They are definitely a keeper. The fruit is blackish-brown. A simple test, Using Healing Yoga Mudras – heal your body with your hands →, Using Healing Sigil Magic: How to amplify your healing potential, Timeless Pick-a-Card Reading: Guidance from Spirit on what you need to heal, Positive affirmations for kids: Free printable, Healing our ‘Mother Wound’: 7 Signs you may be suffering from one, How to start healing from emotional trauma: the pyramid of healing, Two cups of Borage leaves, tightly packed in, A sweetener of your choice – agave syrup, coconut sugar, honey (optional), A few fresh Borage flowers for decoration, Boil your kettle but stop it before it actually boils – you don’t want to scald the Borage leaves, Rinse and dry your borage leaves and then slice them finely with a pair of scissors. Any herb/ plant can be misused especially when mislabeled. The rhizome and roots - contain therapeutic properties. Your email address will not be published. We love working with other Christian families who love good food and want to eat according to God’s design…. Without spending hours in the kitchen or fearing the scale creeping up from all the good food! This spring salad with balsamic dressing is easy to grow and easy to make. Borage Tea Types. If you have a tea infuser, you can pack it full with the leaves and then place it in the hot water to steep for around 3-5 minutes. Feel free to use your own combination of fresh, organic herbs and edible flowers from your garden. Borage Officinalis Known as a borage plant, there are different types of the same name.Borage Officinalis “Variegata” is notable for white plumage on branches.. I water and sniff the oregano-like scent every morning. Its leaves, flowers and stalks are edible and taste a little like cucumber. Add a few Borage flowers to float on the top of the tea for decoration. Borage, for one, has strong properties that can cause immediate and dramatic personality changes. So perhaps now you will understand why I am always happy to see this plant popping up all over my garden! Upon checking an encyclopaedia of herbal medicine, I found that this herbal plant is used in Indian folk medicine as a digestive remedy. You can then drain the tea through a sieve. Sign up to receive a FREE e-book: 'Guide To Cook & Eat Healthy'. I had common herbs like coriander and basil (which unfortunately did not survive when I went on a holiday). This year I might need to plant some in my vege beds, which are safely fenced. Mar 25, 2015 - Delicious Borage Recipes that you will love! If you’d like to know when a good time to harvest the leaves and flowers might be, and how to do it with respect for the plant, check out my article where I talk about how to harvest plantain – the same rules would apply. When planted in the veggie garden, it will often keep many common maladies at bay. Looking forward to trying the lemonade! Very pretty plants. I believe that eating healthy is eating traditionally.