Press down at the edges to seal. The tuna and egg brick is a famous combo I have yet to try but I would love to. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question.

(2 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not). Two Packages of 10 sheets, 20 sheets total, each sheet is 30cm in diameter. Try again. Add the warm water. Stir with the cinnamon into the mashed sweet potato and season well. Please try your search again later. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. and I proceeded to make a platter for a canapé party for one of my clients. My account Log out Browse. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. My Mum introduced to me to Brick only last year when she had a go at making her own spring rolls with it. When I lay them on my baking tray, they looked a little hap hazard and I was concerned that they would not hold their shape. When fried they are crisper than springroll pastry and when baked they have a dry, melt-in the-mouth crunchiness, which is better than filo. Thanks so much for stopping by. Anneli Faiers March 25, 2013 at 9:56 am - I am glad I could help! The pastry is Tunisian in origin, but is now made in France and is called feuille de brick. The packs store well in the freezer. It is a ready made pastry, sold in circular sheets, similar to Filo pastry but a good deal easier to work with and … my new favourite ingredient! In Tunisia it is usually deep fried wrapped around a filling of meat, tuna or egg. Brick pastry or Warka is not universally available, but you can make a good approximation at home using this simple recipe. Next up in my experiments in Brick, I decided to try to make Baked Meat Samosas. Very impressive!

You should now have four squares of filo.

Hope your carb free veggie stint is going well. Do not eat raw. You combine flour and water into an elastic ball. We've ordered before and they have been great.

Add in the semolina, salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Do you have a question for Delia or Lindsey? Why not ask your question now. Such a great pastry….so versatile. Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Avg. So I prefer to bake it which is much easier and healthier and makes a fantastic crunchy jacket to all sorts of fillings. Again, traditionally deep fried, I was able to bake mine and achieve very good results. The tuna and egg brick is a famous combo I have yet to try but I would love to. Brilliant! Only place I can find this product in England, so glad at last I can now find it. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. French Click Limited is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information.

You can’t argue with that! Groceries; Favourites; Offers; Discover; Recipes; Delivery Pass; Christmas; Search for products Clear the search field. Cover with the second sheet, and brush and sprinkle as before. Explore more at Sainsburys.co.uk Help Centre Store Locator Log in / Register 0 items in trolley Sub-total: £0.00 excluding delivery charge Full trolley Search a list of items. (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not), (CHAR) JR Feuille de Brick (10 Round Individual Sheets) 170g, Croustipate 8 Pains Au Chocolat Pur Beurre 290g, Croustipate 4 Gros Croissants Pur Beurre 240g, Herta Pate A Gateau Au Chocolat Moelleux 550g, Herta Pate Feuilletee Tresor de Grand Mere 280g, Herta Pate a Tarte Tresor de Grand Mere Brisee 280g, Croustipate Pate Ma Feuilletee Pur Beurre 280g, Toddler Milk Powder- 12 months to 24 months -, Product ingredients are provided for information purposes only. I will now experiment using the pastry for a sweet dish. Please see product description for full list of ingredients. Easier to handle than filo pastry: wrapped about a third of each round sheet around lightly buttered cream horn moulds, baked until golden and filled after cooling. On returning to Adelaide searched for brick pastry on the web and bingo. Bash up the remaining coriander seeds. Looking at the Christmas pudding dessert on FB today, the recipe requires feuille de Brick pastry which it says is hard to source - looking at the pictures, would filo be an acceptable alternative?

I would recommend them without hesitation. Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. Here at Bonnebouffe we strive to ship your order as fast as possible - This means that you may receive your items faster than the expected delivery date. Baked in the oven, brushed with Sesame oil, you would be hard pressed to know that they were not deep fried as they achieve the same level of crispness as a conventional spring roll. I am a total Brick convert now and never use Filo anymore! © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Grocery Store; Refrigerated Doughs; Pastry Cases ; Baklava; Frozen Yorkshire Pudding, Pastry & Dough; Table Sauces & Condiments; Rice; Baking Mats; See All 10 Departments. Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.

Do it Jules!! Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that French Click has no control over the contents of that website or the accuracy of the provided information. Enter your postcode to check we deliver in your area. Mix well. In Tunisia it was used for making deep-fried pastries filled with spinach, cheese and eggs, spiced meats or fish. Here at Bonnebouffe we strive to ship your order as fast as possible - This means that you may receive your items faster than the expected delivery date.

We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads.

I bought the pastry in order to replicate a delicious veggie dish that I had had in a restaurant - success. Please try again.

These little nibbles are great value for money as a little goes a long way and you can feed a crowd happily with one duck leg. The rich duck flavour is there along with the more traditional vegetables and noodles, all encased in the wonderful crunchy Brick pastry. Repeat for the third sheet. It’s actually made more like a pancake. The pastry is known as warqa. Mix the dry ingredients together and add oil. The pastry is Tunisian in origin, but is now made in France and is called feuille de brick. There was a problem completing your request. Will definitely buy more in the future. Credit by NewDay Ltd. Subject to status.

Brush both sides of each triangle with the rest of the melted butter, place on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven until light brown - this will take about 10 minutes. Using a 5cm pastry brush and working from the outside edge of the pan, paint the batter thinly in circles, until the whole pan is covered in a thin layer of batter. Groceries; Favourites; Offers; Discover; Recipes; Delivery Pass; Christmas; Search for products Clear the search field. Looking forward to cooking it up. In Tunisia it was used for making deep-fried pastries filled with spinach, cheese and eggs, spiced meats or fish. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Thanks for the recipes Anneli. These items are dispatched from and sold by different sellers.

Deals. I know for a fact they’re delicious because you’ve made them for me : ) Thanks for the inspiration Anneli!

INGREDIENTS Wheat Flour (Gluten) Water Salt Sunflower Oil Preservatives: Calcium Propionate, sorbic acid, Acid: Lactic Acid Emulsifier: Soy lecithin Cooking Methods: Baked, fried or deep fried.

I quite clumsily wrapped up the parcels and placed them on my baking tray and once again thought they may not hold together and could end in disaster.