This recipe leans towards using a 10oz. Cool. In a large dutch oven, on medium heat, melt the butter then add the mini marshmallows and mix until completely melted. http://www.sweetteasweetie.com. Oxo Good Grips Scale with Pull Out Display, Bravetart: How To Make Lucky Charms Marshmallows At Home, Sweet and Salty Stout Marshmallow Bars With Pretzels, Potato Chips, and Chocolate, Crisp-Skinned Spatchcocked (Butterflied) Roast Turkey With Gravy, The Ultimate Homemade Green Bean Casserole, 1 ounce rolled or steel cut oats (omit for gluten free), 1 Tahitian vanilla bean, split and scraped, seeds reserved, 1/16 teaspoon almond extract (about 2 drops), 14 ounces corn cobs (from about 4 ears), sliced into 1-inch thick rounds. Your email address will not be published. This method means not only prettier S’mores Cereal Bars but more distinct chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker flavors that you would get in a regular s’mores. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Yum. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. Wait 5 minutes then sprinkle in 1/3 of the mini chocolate chips fold the mixture in half, sprinkle in some more, fold the mixture again and sprinkle the rest in. How he ever survived landing on his neck after that hang glider accident, I'll never know. When not in the kitchen, Stella spends most of her time polishing Star Trek quotes, re-watching Battlestar Galactica, and playing video games. Whichever combination you choose, it should measure out to about 4-5 cups total. Stir in Fruit Loops and mix until fully combined. No matter how old I get, I’m still such a sucker for the sugary cereals of my childhood! While mixing, add vanilla extract, orange flower water, and almond extract. S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies Stuffed with Reese’s Cups, 2 tablespoons colored coarse sugar or sprinkles. More marshmallow treats you might like: Stream GBH's Award-Winning Content For Parents And Children. During the candy making process, this syrup begins to crystallize due to its instability. Toss in the pot until cereal is coated. Gâteau Invisible Is French for Apple Cake That Disappears Quickly, Crisp-Skinned Spatchcocked (Butterflied) Roast Turkey With Gravy, The Ultimate Homemade Green Bean Casserole, The No-Bake Cookie Secret: It's Just Fudge, How to Make Rummy Bears and Other Drunken Gummies. Mallow Bits: Mallow Bits give a little burst of sugary sweetness and just look so cute with the mini chocolate chips. Butterfinger Pretzel Cookies because dinner was bu, Who else is excited for the holidays?! Get these ingredients for curbside pickup or delivery! Or cereal marshmallow ice cream. Marshmallows: For whole marshmallow pieces, press mini marshmallows into the top of the cereal bars instead of mixing them in. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer gently until the water has reduced by half; about thirty minutes. Add reserved vanilla bean seeds, corn syrup (see recipe below), sugar and salt to oat water. You could also line the muffin tin with paper liners for a quick party snack that won’t melt in your guests hands and is easy to clean up. package of marshmallows (miniature or regular size) 3 tablespoons unsalted butter; add-ins and toppings, to your tastes; Directions: Spray a pan with non-stick spray. If you do not, add enough fresh water to equal eight ounces. Preparation can be messy... To help, I keep non-stick cooking spray on hand throughout the various assembly stages. Some comments may be held for manual review. But with your own bag of homemade cereal marshmallows, the possibilities do tend to seem endless. Like this recipe? Your email address will not be published. These are definitely high up on my baking priority list! Let sit for a few hours to set before topping (optional) and serving. Alternatively, if you'd like to make different color marshmallows, divide the mixture into as many bowls as you'd like colors. See, corn syrup (not to be confused with HFCS) is an invert sugar. That being said, if you have a creative play on these cereal bars, come back and share with the rest of us! The ultimate homemade version of the classic green bean casserole, with fresh green beans, a rich mushroom sauce, and crispy fried shallots. They have all the gooey flavor kids love with way less mess. Shut off the heat. These bars wouldn’t last long in our house! These are gorgeous! Add cereal and mix thoroughly. Like many, I always have a half-eaten box or two of cereal in the house. After the marshmallows have dried for 24 hours, peel the big sheet of marshmallows up from the cookie sheet. S’mores Cereal Bars are gooey no-bake treats perfect all school year and summer long. Animal Cookie Blondies – Come and get it! This starts a chain reaction that ultimately results in "defective," crunchy marshmallows. If you're just making white marshmallows, … Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! Required fields are marked *. Add the vanilla bean and seed scrapings, sugar, and salt. Set aside. What gives them the right to take his lucky charms? This gooey, chocolatey Dessert Recipe is sure to be loved by kids and kids at heart! Melt the … Stays smooth flowing no matter what you do to it. But the only thing better is coming back inside to a warm drink. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. You can use them in other recipes to make, say, cereal marshmallow Rice Krispie treats. Thanks for all the extra tips/ideas!! It's a bitter pill, knowing people don't believe in you. You'll need two things: corn syrup and time. This twist on the classic Singapore Sling is an easy but impressive cocktail you can whip up in minutes. In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar with milk and stir to combine. Note: All measurements are in weights, as volume measures can be very imprecise. bag, but a jar of Fluff will also do the trick — or use a mix of both. This recipe uses ingredients you can get year round that you probably already have in your pantry. I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. It doesn’t take long for the cereal bars to cool at room temperature so these kid friendly treats are ready to be gobbled down in just 30 minutes. Homemade corn syrup (ok, technically corn-flavored simple syrup), on the other hand, has a tendency to crystallize, especially if it's a few days old. ...But don’t let the potential mess stop you from getting the kids involved! They had such a good time! Required fields are marked *. Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient! Use a muffin tin to make easy individual S’mores Cereal Bars with no knives. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and press the cereal mixture into each cup. Yep more, or more accurately, with just a few swaps out, you can make this a double duty dessert that can be served on St. Patrick’s Day and Easter. S'mores Cereal Bars are gooey no-bake treats perfect all school year and summer long. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. Imagine if they didn't even believe in your existence? and a combo of Fruity O’s and Strawberry O’s from Trader Joe’s – the remnants of the pan taste delicious – can’t wait to share on Easter! These would be such a big hit with little ones, love the Easter pastels! Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! So fun for spring! She's also the James Beard Award–winning cookbook author of BraveTart: Iconic American Desserts, a New York Times best-seller. An apple a day?