Colleen Campbell Chief Weather Forecaster ... Colleen is the chief forecaster at WDTV and loves the mix of weather West Virginia provides. In the broadcast arena, Colleen has made more than 350 appearances on such television and radio networks as CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, ABC News, PBS, NPR and the CBC. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Colleen Campbell - YouTube Colleen works as the chief weather forecaster at WDTV in Bridgeport, WV. In 2000, Colleen won the $50,000 Phillips Journalism Fellowship (now the Novak Journalism Fellowship) that allowed her to take a year’s leave from her newspaper work and travel the country, researching and writing about a little-noticed trend that had attracted her attention: the appeal of traditional religion and morality to a growing number of young Americans. Colleen has spoken widely about the book, most notably as commencement speaker at several universities and as the keynote speaker for a 2015 international gathering of scholars at the University of Avila in Spain to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the birth of St. Teresa of Avila. Colleen’s third book is The Heart of Perfection: How the Saints Taught Me to Trade My Dream of Perfect for God’s. The book has sold more than 100,000 copies in English and has been published in Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovak. The series resulted in state-mandated reforms to the failing school district and Colleen’s nomination as a finalist for the Livingston Awards, the largest all-media, general reporting prizes in American journalism. This story has been shared 139,421 times. Among the many speaking invitations Colleen has accepted are requests to discuss her books on Capitol Hill and at the White House, and to present The New Faithful to Pope Benedict XVI while serving as a North American delegate to a Vatican Congress on women. Your Ad Choices The result was The New Faithful: Why Young Adults Are Embracing Christian Orthodoxy, a critically acclaimed book that went through six printings and became a finalist for the ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award. Join Facebook to connect with Colleen Campbell and others you may know. New York-based comedian Wil Sylvince posted a 5-minute clip of a “very obnoxious” Campbell after she was kicked out of the club for “loud whispering” throughout the show. She’s been receiving “threats” and wants to apologize to the officer, she told the magazine. We've received your submission. She wrote daily editorials on everything from education policy to media and culture, earning a fellowship for editorial writers from Columbia University. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights Colleen Campbell, 28, was filmed unleashing the tirade outside Philadelphia's Helium Comedy Club on Sunday night The reporter bragged in the video she … Colleen worked directly with the President on major policy addresses, writing his speeches on such topics as education, the faith-based initiative, the fight against AIDS and judicial appointments. Her books include her critically acclaimed journalistic study, The New Faithful; her spiritual memoir, My Sisters the Saints, which won two national awards and has been published in five languages; and her award-winning new release, The Heart of Perfection: How the Saints Taught Me to Trade My Dream of Perfect for God’s. She denied being disruptive to an officer, prompting a man who was accompanying her to thank the cop for his patience. “That’s not me or how I talk or act or anything at all,” she said. Warning: Video includes offensive language “That’s not me or how I speak or how I talk or how I was raised. Find the perfect Colleen Campbell stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. “Or what? This story has been shared 156,064 times. Sign up for my email list to receive a free study guide for The Heart of Perfection. “I feel awful,” she told the magazine. Rihanna sends love to ‘mourning’ Native Americans on Thanksgiving, ‘12 Dates of Christmas’ is a reality dating show drunk on holiday cheer, Matthew Perry engaged to literary manager Molly Hurwitz, Interim ‘Jeopardy’ Host Ken Jennings Under Fire for Insensitive Tweets, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, fired for berating a cop during an expletive-filled tirade, Trump says he's heading to Georgia to campaign for GOP senators, Progressives, activists plan to hound Biden on staffing, Trump testifies by phone at state GOP election-fraud hearing in Pennsylvania, Biden and Harris to get classified briefings starting Monday, spokesperson says, Barack Obama takes jab at Hispanic voters for supporting Trump, 49 best Black Friday 2020 deals you can shop now, Walmart’s best Black Friday deals to shop now: Nintendo Switch, PS5, and More, New Apple Watch Series 6 is discounted in must-shop Black Friday deal, Lululemon discounts leggings and more for Black Friday deals, Kelly Clarkson hints at possible reason for Brandon Blackstock divorce. She interrupted her studies later that year to accept a job as one of six speechwriters, and the only woman speechwriter, to President George W. Bush. “When I came home, I called my producer to talk about why I was absent,” Campbell told Philadelphia Magazine. She speaks to audiences worldwide and lives on the central coast of California with her husband and their four young children, whom she homeschools. She also launched an op-ed column for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and became a regular commentator on religion, politics and culture in the national media. Colleen’s series also caught the attention of the Post-Dispatch’s editorial page editor, who invited her to join the newspaper’s editorial board. Privacy Notice