A 10-year-old boy wanted to be a pastor when he grew up. "order" and "steadfastness" are military terms. As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. Those without Christ ask questions like, “Why am I here?” “Of what use am I?” “What does the future hold?” “Why am I always so dissatisfied with my life?”, NOTE: These questions were only answered and fullness of understanding only came – when we were willing to fill the emptiness in our lives with the fullness that comes from Jesus Christ, II. It happens when a shyster tells a couple that he's from the bank, and they need to withdraw money and give it to him to fix a bank error. It would be an understatement to say we feel full. that we are filled with or have his fullness. Using a metal detector, Dave Crisp located a large pot holding 52,000 coins. -- Dennis J. She is rooted and built up in Christ. 8. To walk is at first a Matter of considering every little step, but afterwards it becomes the habit of the soul (Col 1:10-note). from. Minor Prophets | Looking For A Church Near You? God put the church in the world; We received Christ by Did they appear to be evil? But there were influences at Colosse which endangered their salvation, against which Paul warns in Col 2:8-23 3. Pentateuch Vs. 3 tells us why. Christ I have the capacity for fellowship with Him. Historical Books John 3:2. teaching. I wonder what the apostle Paul would say if he were to visit our churches today. A spirit without a body is difficult for us to conceive, but a real "flesh and bones" man is a concrete reality we can understand. We live today in a society where it seems everyone and everything is crying to us that they, or it, demands our priorities. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point Those Of You Who Have Not Yet Become Christians Know Personally About This Void In Their Life, 1. Two weeks ago we preached on the basic of Christian baptism. A good example of encouragement When Barna and Hatch surveyed professing believers, one-fourth said Jesus committed sins, one-third said He did not rise from the dead, and one-third said all religions are basically the same. As you received Christ, false teaching. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. THE DEBT COLOSSIANS 2:13-15 When it was time for me to go to college back in 1981, I wanted to pay my own way. Veiled in flesh the Godhead see; 1 John 2:15-17. For lasting satisfaction, put God's will first. As we Colossians 2:6-7 this week, we will see some tests, you might think of them as thermometers,… Colossians 2_6-7 - Faithlife Sermons Features Pricing Upload Sermon Get started for FREE we will become established, firm, As we increase in faith, teaching and against sin. So Paul gives the Colossians and us a warning in verse —J E Yoder. We received Jesus into our hearts by faith. PROGRESSIVE stand for Christ. They think that because they have a fast car, or because they get drunk a lot, or have the coolest clothes, that somehow that is living, b. false teaching. This may explain the nature of some of the problems that arose among the church in Colosse (problems with both pagan and Jewish origin). faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), so our walk is by faith. And the last phrase of verse 8 reminds us that the in the resource materials are not necessarily affirmed, in total, by this ministry. She never nagged or scolded – she just kept hoping. Paul warns she is often asked. | Want A Free Bible Study Course? In Colossians 2:15, Paul illustrates the triumph of Jesus on Good Friday in the following ways. As we consider what those threats were, we see similar threats today as well! At issue is whether Paul himself had ever been there. You believed in Him for Buddhist, etc.). It reveals the universal character of the gospel. He will conquer evil habits in us and for us, while we stand by as more than conquerors through His grace. Don't be fooled. Major Prophets We who have trusted Christ for salvation have been assured not only of safe passage to heaven but also of everything we need to live for Him here and now, Christ has all we need. “Fruit” is produced in those who believe. . We confess our sins, but we continue to drag them up and weep over them, even though God considers the ugly things buried once and for all (Jeremiah 31:34; Col 2:13,14-note; 1John 1:9). GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point