Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Sorry, Dear Frankie (2004) isn't available on Netflix Netherlands, but is available in a different country. Though many have had only criticism for its slowness in developing, could not get the disc to play, or could not understand the players for their accents, I find this film to be a remarkable drama,so understated, and so subtly acted as to be missed by today's usual audience, who have been raised on action/adventures and titillating romances. I choose how I will spend the rest of my life. Didn’t care for the ending too much to and just sitting there on the dock. Sorry, Dear Frankie (2004) isn't available on Netflix United States, but is available in a different country. Metacritics rating: Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Rotten Tomatoes avaliação: Like NetflixReleases on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and we keep you posted about what is new on Netflix and what will expire soon on Netflix. Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2019. Every character is believable, but I found that the little boy who played Frankie - Young Adam, gave an amazing and memorable performance, which was pretty heart-wrenching at times and so did Gerard Butler who was pretending to be his father, just for one day. Some good movies occasionally get by me and "Dear Frankie" (2004) is one of those films. 1-month free trial! We watched "Dear Frankie," a 2004 movie shot in Scotland, directed by Shona Auerbach. Feeling "played" by Hollywood, the women clap back ... See full summary », Fascinated by the root causes of violent behavior, world renowned psychologist Dr. Amanda Tyler has an opportunity to interview and analyze death row inmate Jackson Shea. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 3, 2007. Netflix rating: Dear Frankie - Rent Movies and TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray. I felt all the characters really pulled you in, but Gerard Butler playing the "pretend father" was an excellent choice and he also tugged at my heart strings as you end up so wanting him and Frankie's mother to end up together for Frankie's sake(well I did anyway!). Let me explain why I am giving this movie five stars, which I hardly ever do. I highly recommend this, and have given it as gifts before. A charismatic drug lord tries to start a new life after he falls for a young woman from Philadelphia. My first viewing caught me by surprise, Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2018. I've had it for years, and watch it at least once a year. This is definately one my favourite films of all time. No late fees. Prime Video has you covered this holiday season with movies for the family. This film is sweet, loving, touching, kind, simple, basic and human. Still, this film appeals to me. Watch trailers & learn more. He had a small part. 63,0 He presents a grim figure, but it appears from the beginning of his relationship with the Morrison family that their bizarre situation piques first his curiosity and then his interest. 81,0%. Some of the things they were saying I couldn’t make out what they were saying. He is The Stranger, hired by a mother who keeps fleeing her abusive husband to play her husband when a set of circumstances arises and her deaf son thinks his father is coming to the town in Scotland where they have just moved to. I loved this story, it had everything, and a good looking guy, Gerard Butler is lovely in this film, his co- star is perfect for him, and the whole story has compassion and depth, this is a film I will watch time and time again, the young lad deserves a mention too, he is cute. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. We watched “Dear Frankie,” a 2004 movie shot in Scotland, directed by Shona Auerbach. This touching and humorous movie has earned the raves of critics and won the hearts of audiences everywhere! Watch it now or check out the trailer first! The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets You can watch as much as you want, whenever you want without a single commercial – all for one low monthly price. Directed by Shona Auerbach. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 8, 2017. Fast, free delivery. Grace and Frankie think their lives in retirement are all set. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. This FAQ is empty. 105 m - Romance. Netflix is a streaming service that offers a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, anime, documentaries, and more on thousands of internet-connected devices. After Frank's wife is mysteriously poisoned, he discovers a diary with indicating all of her previous lovers who also are potential murder suspects. Co-workers question their marriages for a variety of issues, including anger management, child-like spouses and manipulative children. There is, perhaps famously by now, a scene in which Lizzie and the imposter stare at each other for what seems like minutes, though it seems that long only because it is longer than many directors would dare to abandon motion and sound. It's one of those perfect movies. The only potential negative thing I would say is, I felt I wanted this film to end more happily than it did, and instead of feeling uplifted at the end, I felt very sad! Living in the area where most of it was filmed, it's nice to see the familiar locations. Some good movies occasionally get by me and "Dear Frankie" (2004) is one of those films. Most people haven't heard of it, but it's a gem. NetflixReleases is not endorsed, moderated, owned by or affiliated with Netflix or any of its partners. These characters and their situation have about them the smell of reality, and Auerbach firmly grounds them with every aspect of her direction, but particularly with her use of real time — pauses, stillness, silence that some directors might be afraid to employ. Directed by Josh Webber, Brian White. There are few films that I would want to watch more than once. A former colleague reappears in his life and explains all of the survivors of the man's unit are suffering... See full summary », Cassie (Linara Washington), Holly (Sienna Goines), and Sharice (Apryl Jones) are three talented actors who can't catch their big break. With Emily Mortimer, Jack McElhone, Gerard Butler, Mary Riggans. This is one of those quiet films that gently eases itself into one's soul and remains there for a while. Well, I've just watched 'Dear Frankie' for the third time, and it gets better each time. Through one of her few friends in town, she hires a man whom she requires to have “no past, no present, no future,” and he appears — with no name as well — in the form of Gerard Butler. NetflixReleases não é endossado, moderado, afiliado ou propriedade da Netflix ou de qualquer um de seus parceiros. Then their husbands declare their love for each other. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 8, 2009. Still want to view it? One of his schoolmates discovers in a newspaper shipping news item that the Accra, which Frankie thinks is headed for the Cape of Good Hope, is actually to dock in that Scottish town in a few days. I'm not a drama girl. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2020. Change ). I found this film surprisingly good and brilliantly acted. Former special ops soldier, Laura Bishop, shows up for work at the largest church in America and is forced to take down a team of hijackers when she learns her daughter is trapped inside. As the interview ... See full summary ». She regularly writes letters to Frankie over his father’s name — often including exotic postage stamps — and Frankie writes back in letters that Lizzie retrieves when they are returned to the post office. After Frank's wife is mysteriously poisoned, he discovers a diary with indicating all of her previous lovers who also are potential murder suspects. Clique aqui. Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. ( Log Out /  “Mention my name in Sheboygan, but please don’t tell them where I am”. Rotten Tomatoes rating: As Lizzie and the nameless imposter carry on the charade with Frankie, Nell discovers that Davy or someone on his behalf has been searching for Lizzie and is close at hand.