#plywoodpretty. We attached the side braces flush with the front of the bench but cut them to extend deeper than the seat so they could support the angled back. Read More >> Make all cuts and add pocket holes accordingly to the printable plans with the Kreg Jig set to 1 1/2″. 7. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I built two of these sections by myself. Building an outdoor sectional is easy. Download the plans and watch the video below! Since this outdoor sofa doesn’t have drainage holes, even after sealing properly, you’ll want to be sure to dry it off after a rain storm (or if it gets watered by the sprinklers). This page may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your interest. You. Incredible! Simply put, if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you).please see my Disclosure Policy for full details. See more outdoor furniture plans to build this summer. The biggest issue that I had, in the beginning, was that there were so many amazing pieces on Pinterest and I couldn’t decide! Beautiful share, thank you! Thanks everyone for your feedback! Seeing as I turned my old outdoor table into shutters for my dining room we needed someplace to sit outside. Visit our Western Red Cedar Outdoor Project Plans page, and choose from a wide variety of free downloadable plans and videos for your DIY pleasure! Outdoor furniture is so hard to keep clean and in tip top shape especially here in Houston where it is almost always humid and you can’t escape mildew! mini barn door for a crawl space | The Cofran Home DO NOT distribute or copy the content or share multiple images (including collage images) without written permission. It’s sturdy and comfortable, the perfect outdoor couch for our patio! One of my favorite projects I did last year was this 2x4 outdoor sofa. See our source for affordable patio seat cushions and build your own patio seating/daybed with this outdoor furniture plan. This summer I built an outdoor firepit that is gorgeous but we had nowhere to sit to enjoy it. This was our first big building project and after everything was cut and sorted it only took us about 40 mins per section. I made a few changes to accommodate 24″ sqaure cushions. But we actually got a good deal on the cushions and pillows so we didn’t spend over $100 on the cushions either. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We ended up putting hours under a roof to keep it safe and it’s holding up fine there but it really doesn’t get wet! Wow! You can also head to, (It would have cost me ~$30 had I required purchasing the paint. We cut the front and back boards of the sectional piece the same width as our seat cushion. Then, using Ana’s project plan assembly instructions we built each section one at a time. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. To answer some other peoples questions… we made 3 armless sections and one corner seat and used 20 1/2 96” 2x4s. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. The back is really strong and I did seal it with captains varnish to protect it. The whole family loves it. I am blown away by the incredible projects all from plywood! Perfect for outdoor entertaining or just simply relaxing! Even the weathered look of unsealed boards looks great too. You can use cedar but it can be expensive so I went with pressure treated. rolling storage drawers | Happy Go Lucky Today I want to share with everyone a huge project my husband and I recently finished all by ourselves! If you are a DIY’er, you have Pinterest. Don’t forget to remove the tags before sanding and finishing! Continue the project by fitting the slat to the back of the chair. I’ve wanted an outdoor sectional for ages, but just haven’t been able to make it work budget-wise. Once complete we put a water sealer on them and it really brought the colors of the red cedar out.