I’ve never been a true dieter, so what I’ve been working up to doing is something I really want to stick with and believe that I can willfully, affordably, and manage to continue it as long as necessary. It’s easier to bury the eggs in the egg fast waffles for example. The eggs have plenty of protein to get you through that short time frame. PS: I too have a knee injury – did you ever get your surgery? Another convert! I’ve explained more below. Otherwise aches, pains and stiffness may sidetrack your exercise routine. Finishing your Egg Fast, it is recommended to make a smooth transition to your normal eating. The egg fast is an extreme version of LCHF and I don’t know anything about what you were doing just prior to this? I’m already on 1200kcal everyday. Why is it not showing on the scale? We'll look into it. Thanks. Do you have a plan for what you will eat after you are done with fasting? Good luck! Also butter makes your pants fall off on youtube. You will suffer a lot I’m sure! How long does it take to get accepted. As for drinking, I sip a cpl cups of organic green tea with raw organic honey throughout the day. 2 to 3 ounces of your favorite cheese grated over the top of the eggs. This will up your thirst so you will probably get your water in, which will help flush the liver and ironically cause reversal of bloating. Thank you for your quick response. I do fine with HWC, but coconut milk is not my friend Thank you again, I really appreciate your effort! Be patient on the The 3lb gain is most likely due to water retention. It’s possible if you lost 20 pounds already on LCHF that your body just needs time to catch it’s breath! Accordingly, the diet offers a great chance for 5-day clean eating. If you want help with the actual diet to see if you are following it correctly (as in the 1 egg per every fat ratio) consider joining the facebook group where there are many people who can help you with the daily plan. This information can help you to adjust what you’re currently doing so the weight loss continues. Use butter or coconut oil instead! Some of these additions include: If you plan on using the egg fast as a part of your regular low-carb diet, you’ll want to seek out these additional ways to make your fast more palatable and enjoyable. So far i lost almost 3 kg, Hi. I have found this to be a super interesting article and have contemplated an egg fast for a while. 1 tablespoon butter or other healthy fat per egg consumed. Additionally, you should be eating every 3-5 hours, even if you don’t feel hungry. You can, but be some people feel very sick with keto flu. I have been eating three eggs, 3 tbsp. I thought you guys might be interested in trying it too, so I’m posting some basics about it here for those of you who have never heard of it. I don’t eat egg yolks, will this still be effective or should I sub something for that? On the other hand, going without veggies for five days should really not be a big deal. Turkish yogurt, butter and mayo. Thanks KetoWoman. I’m starting an egg fast today. But if it’s working for you then ok! Can u help me plz I’ve o ly been eating scrambled eggs with sometimes a spoon of cheese on top I’ll do this for a couple days then I’ll eat a regular day of food I just found this website so I had no idea is then even right the way I’m doing this plz need help thanks???? Look everyone! Thank you for the feedback. Here’s the Egg Fast FAQ. In other news, I’ve decided to prolong the ebundle that includes last year’s Summer and Fall ezines, along with my Amazon best selling cookbook The Gluten Free Low Carber! Must follow the schedule even if not hungry (Eat 1 egg when that happens). For the first few weeks, try to avoid nuts, keto desserts, and too much dairy. Just wondering your thoughts. 1 tablespoon of fat per egg (olive oil, grass fed butter, sugar free mayonnaise) Up to 1oz of full fat cheese per egg; Lunch: I had an egg salad for lunch every single day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/eggfast/, Hello . . Your email address will not be published. Well done, Tariq! And you need 15 grams of coconut oil times 10 eggs which would be 150g coconut oil. cheese, and 6 eggs per day, gained 3 lbs that week. I am in Canada, in the GTA. If energy to exercise is an issue, feel free to incorporate more salt in your day. Thanks again! After all, what is the alternative? Egg Fast on Keto Diet: Rules, Meal Plan and Recipes. On the Egg Fast, the cream cheese is counted as a cheese and not a fat. I wrote a page called How to Transition from Egg Fast to Keto because so many people wanted clear guidelines and were freaking out at the fluctuations. Dig deeper →. Can one be eating too much fat? I am sorry I seem to be full of questions. Aside from a couple of small breaks. I do prepare my meals the night before because I work full time as well. B) 5 days a week only eggs and 2days LCHF , or When I wrote this article there were almost no recipes out there and eating that many tablespoons of fat seemed like a stumbling block for many. It teaches you what you might be doing wrong in your normal lchf regime. of cheese for each egg, but you don’t NEED to eat all that cheese. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily. Can you have zero sugar energy drinks on this egg fast? My ratios are a bit more like 50% fat 40% proteins and 10% carbs, with a calorie intake of about 800 to 1000kcal a day. For example, the menu below requires less than 3 dozen eggs, 1 pound of cheese, 3 ounces of cream cheese, and less than half a pound of butter for the three days. I rarely have time to even fix a cup of coffee during this time and I am never hungry until after 8a.m. But it really does work best as a plateau buster for low carb eaters. I’ve been LCHF since August 1st and have only lost 6.8lbs and have been up and down for weeks. just woke up and ate an egg in 5 min of waking up. It’s sweetened with stevia and is raspberry-lemonade flavored. This is all great Info. Get rid of the yogurt and honey, keep your carbs to near zero by sticking with the eggs, or use some other zero carb foods, cheese, bacon, sausage. I really happy that I m losing weight after following this diet and feeling active and healthy also. First let me say that I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I work full time and have a hard time with meal prep… Do you have any posts talking about that? Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein. *fingers crossed*. I used it mostly as a way of using up some of the fats. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/eggfast/ Good luck! I love eggs over easy/med. By the way, since writing this, I did make your Keto Egg Shake and really enjoyed the flavor. Are you eating 1 full tbsp fat with each egg? Since you are working out I would put coconut oil in that black coffee. Good luck! I was never able to eat more than 6. I think this is a good way to do it. I would like to know how you counted 1200kcal on this egg fast. . I have been on your egg fast for the last two days (being home during this Covid19 thing), and my ketones were 4.1 last night, and lost 1.8 lbs. With beaten egg whites, you'd want to use an acidic agent to keep them firmer. Or would it be better to keep this very short term, switch to a traditional LCHF diet and only return to this on stalls? Just unsure that I havnt been on an LCHF diet yet n will that affect me in some way when I start off with the egg fast straight away. I went back on the egg fast diet for 3 days only and lost 6 pounds in that 3 days. There was a time I thought I couldn’t live with out it, now it’s just ‘meh’. After a few days, your body will figure out what you are trying to do, and you will have lots of energy and brain power. needless to say I am very upset because I had lost 3lbs. They are nice and portable. Oats are full of carbs. can i do weight lifting workouts during keto so i can lose weight fast? Egg Diet Results after Three Years. I usually work out in the morning and try not to eat before I go. HWC stands for Heavy Whipping Cream. I think low carb is the way to go, but certainly there is confusion with so many different versions of it. You can use any coffee. Maybe it was day 9, but still, pretty good (1lb a day)!