You can then add all your favorite toppings to your Mexican corn in a cup. This traditional Mexican recipe is the perfect summer grilled corn recipe! Cut the kernels from each ear of corn until you have 4 cups of fresh kernels. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The best way to reheat this recipe would be either to wrap the corn in foil and bake for about 5 minutes at 350 F, or microwave on a plate with a damp paper towel over top. “It turned out amazing! We hope you love it! You are going to want to serve this corn recipe with everything. All Rights Reserved. I have to try this corn, every time I see it somewhere it makes me drool! Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Serve this corn recipe with a good helping of cilantro and cotija cheese. You can also grill corn on the cob in foil! The corn can be cooked up to a day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I’ve never tried elote before. I love mexican street corn! Stir to combine. This sounds absolutely delicious, though! Dust with cayenne pepper, if desired. You could easily serve this elote recipe alongside dishes like: And don’t forget dessert! Thank you so much Tracey! Serve with lime wedges. For the classic Mexican street food experience, serve your esquites in disposable cups and eat with a plastic spoon. love it . Cut corn off cobs into bowl when slightly cool and mix. It is a bit milder and thinner than American sour cream. Cotija cheese comes in two different types – fresh and aged. Cook it alongside your other grilling recipes, like Grilled Potatoes, Beef Short Ribs, or Portuguese Beef Skewers. Elotes Mexicanos is so good, it steals the show every time! It’s one of the best street foods in the world, period! elote recipe, elotes mexicanos, mexican street corn. This corn looks amazingly good! Combine. 5 to 6 medium ears corn (peeled and cleaned), 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped), 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed), Garnish: Fresh cilantro, queso fresco, lime wedges, cayenne pepper (optional), To keep the corn kernels from escaping your cutting board and falling all over your countertop, cut each ear of corn over a, If you have leftover esquites, they can be repurposed into a variety of dishes. Simply add one teaspoon of dried oregano, one teaspoon dried epazote, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin to the mixture before plating and serving. I might have to double this as we are all corn lovers in this house! Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup, Carlota de Limon (Charlotte Russe Dessert), In a bowl, mix together the Mexican crema dressing ingredients. Reviews. Mexican corn on the cob (elote) is becoming quite well-known outside of Mexico. What to Serve with Elotes Mexicanos Family Foodie tip: Cooking Mexican street corn recipes moves fairly quickly, so prepare all your ingredients ahead of time! You make an elote recipe by grilling corn cobs until they char, then slather the cobs in Mexican crema, spices, and cotija cheese. We want our mission to reach the homes of all families and inspire people across the world to spend time around the family table. How to Make Elotes Thanks for sharing. This looks good. I love to serve it as a side dish for BBQ, especially when I’m making slow cooker short ribs or grilled pork butt. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Calories per serving: Remove ads. Take the corn off the grill and brush with the crema dressing all over. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. I am making this for a friends wedding this weekend. As a result, several features will be disabled. Even my grandkids devour it!! Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Be … Transfer the esquites to your serving dish and garnish with additional fresh cilantro and queso fresco. Get easy-to-follow, delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox. Published: May 5, 2020 Modified: Nov 3, 2020 by Isabel Laessig. Roast corn on grill, 20 min or so. In a bowl, mix together the Mexican crema dressing ingredients. The hard version is similar to Parmesan cheese.