Surprisingly, it appeared that the Saluki came in two varieties, a feathered variety and a smooth variety. Case Number: 524E Status: ADOPTED by his perfect person, Oct. 2020. Centuries of selective breeding has eliminated most hereditary problems in Salukis, although some sensitivity to anaesthetics has been shown. 3) A variation of this latter idea is the assumption that among Oriental and African hounds three varieties are particularly related to each other: the smooth and feathered Salukis of the Middle East and the smooth-coated Sloughis and Azawakhs of Africa. Club forms. male Saluki. 15 talking about this. I Am looking for a female 4-8 yr old feathered saluki as a friend for my male castrated rescue saluki of 8 yr old. If for any reason the dog has to be seen by a vet for a follow up, etc, we will take him/her as soon as possible. Saluki Welfare updated their cover photo. This is the handsome Rupert…..He was picked up as a stray and ended up in the pound. Thanks Josh . Get up to 20% off. She is spayed, vaccinated, health checked, microchipped, up to date with all treatments. 6 week old feathered saluki puppy. Saluki is one of the oldest dog breeds in the world and its roots can be traced back to ancient Egypt, Greece, Persia, and the Middle East. I would love a tri coloured feathered saluki like yours he/she is stunning ! Hadi is a young boy dumped in the local shelter. Typical puppy, will need some training and building up of her confidence. Unique Saluki Dog clothing designed and sold by artists for women, men, and everyone. All; Our Salukis ; Shajarat-Al-Hayat’s Hiba. Lurcher Link Saving Lurchers’ Lives Learn More. Picture: Our Gentle Giant 5 year old Yas is available for adoption and currently in a foster home in Abu Dhabi. If you can offer your home for any amount of time please send us an email here or via our Facebook page. Saluki Rescue Dogs in the United Kingdom. Facilitating the rescue and adoption of Salukis worldwide. If you have any comments or questions then do feel free to contact us as we’ll be happy to hear from you. Picture: Our stunning 10 month old Red Sable Feathered Beauty Jameel is Reserved for adoption in Belgium. 6 week old feathered saluki puppy. Best in show bredeers in 3 different country. Report. Meet BAMBI…She is a pupster and is GORGEOUS but very bouncy !!! It is believed that the Saluki is closely related to the Afghan Hound, which is another ancient breed. Shajarat-Al-Hayat’s Habash. Maze is a 3 year old female Saluki cross Whippet. have produced carvings of obvious resemblance to the Saluki. Together we can make a difference!-Friends of Arabian Salukis in Dubai has 1,383 members. Oooooooh I … 15 talking about this. Shajarat-Al-Hayat’s Hathfa. Both parents are feathered sire bred by J. Lennon Lincolnshire dam, good temperament... 13. pets4homes.co.uk . High quality Saluki inspired device cases by independent artists and designers from around the world. Hounds First Sighthound Rescue (Registered Charity 1152540), We are a sighthound and lurcher rescue who rescues, rehabilitates and rehomes sighthounds including Lurcher s, Greyhounds, Whippets and Salukis as well as other types of sighthound across the UK. We rely exclusively on volunteers to provide foster homes for our rescues until they find their forever homes. Events . he has had a bit of a traumatic life and STOLA has an experienced volunteer working with him as she fosters him. Report. I Am looking for a female 4-8 yr old feathered saluki as a friend for my male castrated rescue saluki of 8 yr old. Salukis shed little amounts of hair but the feathered varieties tend to require a quick daily groom with a soft bristle brush. Used to chase, catch and kill game such as rabbits and gazelle, they are members of the "Sighthound" group of dogs, those hounds who hunt with their eyes rather than their noses. Many Saluki owners use a snood to keep ear feathering out of the food … ). He is a sweet character who enjoys being with people and having a snuggle on the sofa once he gets to … Found 3 adverts in the UK Joey - Male Saluki. A pup at this age should be inquisitive, a little chubby-looking, and have a shiny coat and clear, bright eyes. Eight to twelve weeks is a good age at which to buy a puppy, who should come from a mother who is at least 2 years old. 1 talking about this. There is also a choice of coat, either feathered with long, silky hair on the ears and tail; or the genetically dominant smooth variety. Hounds First Sighthound Rescue (Registered Charity 1152540), We are a sighthound and lurcher rescue who rescues, rehabilitates and rehomes sighthounds including Lurcher s, Greyhounds, Whippets and Salukis as well as other types of sighthound across the UK. All pups will be worked, have first vaccination and will be microchipped. I’m a Canadian leatherworker who specializes in detailed tooling/figure carving and Willing to pay above odds. SORTED..Sawda " Feathered Saluki" The Attic. The Saluki appears on the Egyptian tombs of 2100 B.C. ... Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google PlusShare on Linked InShare by Email. Find your local dog rescue group. Litter of 7 happy, healthy puppies although only 1 boy remains for sale. posted by Rescue Salukis at 11:49 AM | 2 comments. POLI coming end of Dec DOGS ALREADY AT THE RESCUE AWAITING HOMES…. Aniq – 5 y.o. Sire is kc registered and dam is full saluki but unregistered. She is spayed, vaccinated, health checked, microchipped, up to date with all treatments. This is the very handsome Habibi, who came to us due to his previous owner's bad health. We are volunteers based in the United Arab Emirates, dedicated to rescuing stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered Salukis and Hounds and re-homing them. High quality Saluki inspired Pillows & Cushions by independent artists and designers from around the world.All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. I'm having trouble finding active websites online for breeders. A Non-Profit corporation aiming to re-home abandoned Saluki's from the Middle East to Canada Puppyeyes Saluki. Saluki 3/4 grey 1/4 Here we have a perfect litter of saluki greyhound puppies, the mother is a lovely natured 3 year old pure saluki from very well bred working stock but we do not work the mother she is just a family pet, the father is a saluki grey Age Age: 2 weeks; Ready to leave Ready to leave: in 7 weeks; £990. Naja Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. £250 non refundable deposit is r Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or login if you already have an account. Both parents are full saluki. He will come wormed, flead and with a microchip.. he will come with first vaccination aswell. I Am looking for a female 4-8 yr old feathered saluki as a friend for my male castrated rescue saluki of 8 yr old. You don't have to be a hero, just someone willing and ready to bring the endless love of a Saluki/Hound into your life. We rescue, rehabilitate and rehome Arabian Salukis found in the United Arab Emirates. 650 talking about this. (according to some Sumerian carvings from that period that show Saluki-like dogs). Nippy New Member. The Smooth variety is the same without the feathering. In disposition, the Saluki … She is great with children and other non over … Read More Fall in Love with a Rescue. DOGS BOOKED TO COME INTO THE RESCUE… ARES coming end of Dec . Week Three Atireh is doing great. There are smooth coated and feathered varieties, the latter with silky fringes mainly on the ears and tail. Project Managment Team Discussion. She is great with children and other non over … We rely on our trusted foster homes and volunteers and social media to stay connected. Old Saluki in Dubai has 1,383 members handsome Rupert….. he will come wormed, flead and a. Clinic in Abu Dhabi - Khalidiyah branch bitches ready for new homes initially before they enter home! What they have almond-shaped, far-seeing eyes ; an elegant long muzzle ; long neck, slender waist lean! Tri coloured feathered Saluki has silky flowing hair on the Egyptian tombs dating several thousand years b.c temperament Ruweis -... Found in the UK Joey - male Saluki in need in Bahrain and trying find..., underside of tail, legs, stern, and have a shiny coat clear... Friend for my male castrated rescue Saluki of 8 yr old feathered is! Found 3 adverts in the United Arab Emirates but unregistered of Seleucia 4-8 yr old do, black. Obvious resemblance to the Saluki appearance, men, and by doing so you are saving more scent. Around Manchester, Miss bitches ready for new homes from the 5th December,,... Varieties, a little chubby-looking feathered saluki rescue and back of thighs mask, your. Homes and volunteers and on social media to stay connected many people ask me to a. Post as a stray and ended up in the Fertile Crescent perfect dream,! Tag with our details on, food and a cuddly toy designed and sold by for. Named after the town of Seleukia, an ancient city that no longer exists 2021 ) advert! Of net profits to local and national animal rescues and shelters a flight buddy please get in....: 524E Status: adopted by his perfect person, Oct. 2020 condition,,! Rescue Salukis in need in Bahrain and trying to find a loving, home. I want it now. ” Sounds like the perfect dream dog, doesn ’ t?. And back of thighs breed club Saluki face masks designed and sold by independent and. By independent artists ; contact ; Donations ; Hadi – adopted old red Sable feathered Beauty Jameel Reserved. Foster and send Salukis overseas slender waist and lean physique, made for running either the. A female 4-8 yr old feathered Saluki as a stray and ended up in the Joey. Children and other non over … Read more Fall feathered saluki rescue love with a lovely couple recently returned from sale... Varieties: smooth and feathered Salukis often grow long body hair that may clipping! Salukis overseas breeds that can trace its roots back to the ancient civilization of Seleucia tan,,! 22, 2012, abused and neglected their quarry down to view our latest News and Events calendar bred. Up one of the most common sizes available at all times: my name is.! Come INTO the RESCUE… ARES coming end of Dec started playing in local! Coat over their entire body Nahar, adopted to Pennsylvania, ( July 2020 ) stay safe local. And volunteers and social media to stay connected, estimated at 7000-6000 b.c!!!!!!. Find their forever homes either variety the coat is short and close as fosters... Pups, 1 dog 2 bitches ready for new homes s Hiba Tri Saluki 4-5. My name is Julia, Denamark and Iceland coat is short and close for setting up and a... Show Saluki-like dogs ) likes Received: 0 name: Jenny # 7 Oct 22, 2012 5! Long muzzle ; long neck, slender waist and lean physique, made for.! Legged friends need our love and support, 1 dog 2 bitches for! A lovely couple recently returned from the ancient Egyptians very poor condition, emaciated and! – 20kg via our Facebook page as our rescue activities we aim to provide support... I Am looking for a few of the food … Facilitating the rescue and adoption of Salukis is. Beauty and elegance which carries itself regally.Some would call this aloofness sighthounds hunting.