A wave of water roared over Xai-Xai's defensive dykes like a herd of elephants over a speed bump. Let’s examine this usage with a few sample sentences: I saw a herd of elephants and as soon as I saw them, I took their pictures. It looks quite ugly however mostly liked by the kids. It is found in coarse dark grey color with very hard skin. 3. The herd of elephant looked very impressive as he walked from the water’s edge towards the depths of the forest. etc. What,am I going to herd your children this afternoon? Elephants are considered the strongest mammal on the planet. 4. It's difficult to see a herd of elephant in a sentence . It can be more than 10 feet in height. The word herd can also be used for different groups of animals. In other countries, it is found in white color also. An African elephant has two trunk tip fingers and the Asian elephant has only one finger on the tip of its trunk. A herd of elephants often walk in single file. Some elephants can swim for six hours without rest. 2. 5. But Martin's attempt to remove the ivory is thwarted when Tarzan appears with a herd of elephants. Elephant Essay 5 (300 words) Elephant is a very huge wild animal lives in a jungle. 229+11 sentence examples: 1. We saw a herd of deer It has big heavy body and called as royal animal. The farm has only small dairy herd. A herd of cattle had strayed into the road. 7) Elephants are herbivorous in nature and their diet includes fruits, leaves, grass, flowers. Elephants have “fingers” on the end of their trunks. They are individuals; they will not follow the herd. Essay on The Elephant for class- nursery, LKG, UKG, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. 6) Elephants give birth to one calf at a time and female elephant can give birth to 10- 12 calves in entire life. Here are 5 fantastic examples of sentences with "a herd of elephants". Forty yards ahead is a herd of elephants, each animal weighing a few tons or more. 5) Female elephants are pregnant for 22 months meaning they have very long gestation period.