Marinate the pork chops with 2 beaten eggs, ½ teaspoon white pepper powder, 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine, 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Place pork in pan when oil begins to shimmer. I'm Amy, nice to meet you! I’d love to see what you come up with. Mix well. A deliciously simple pork recipe. Just before frying, pour cornstarch on top of pork and stir into marinade. Pound your pork chops into very thin pieces. Mix … {Gluten-Free adaptable} There is nothing worse than a dry pork chop. It is…. Your email address will not be published. Instead of making a traditional three-layer coating using egg, flour, and breadcrumbs, this recipe uses just one layer to create the perfect crispy crust. Tenderize meat pork with a meat mallet. . To store the pork chops, let them cool completely before transferring them to a container. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Once all the chops are cooked, bring the oil up to 375°F (190°C). You can use my curry noodle soup with popcorn chicken recipe and simply replace the chicken with this fried pork for a texturally blissful and utterly delicious experience. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes. It is best to fry them into 2 batches. Scoop the starch around the edges and over any bare spots and press lightly so that the chop is fully coated. Another way to use these Chinese fried pork chops is in noodle soup like you see in Asian restaurants. Turn over and fry for 10 minutes more uncovered, lifting and moving each chop once or twice to keep it from scorching, (reduce heat if necessary) Pour leftover marinade over chops, cover turn heat low, and cook for 1 minute. They’re easy to pound thin and result in a more flavorful result. The pork chop is first rolled over a mixture of flour and corn starch. Chinese Fried Pork Chop – 炸猪排 If you guys are fans of DTF-styled pork chop with fried rice, this is the perfect recipe for it. In another skillet over high heat, add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.  -  Squeeze out as much air as possible from the bag and seal it. 16 Dec 2013, Very nice, its changed my mind about five spice. Heat canola oil over medium to medium-high heat. Combine all dry ingredients. You can use regular starch to create a similar effect using my double frying technique. So you can use a minimal amount of oil. Once hot, add the jalapanos, chili pepper, green onions and the fried pork. Top it off with chili garlic sauce or any other hot sauce you prefer, or even mayonnaise to suit your tastes. Start browsing recipes right away or you could learn more about me here. If you’re on a budget, this one will fit right in while giving you that takeout-at-home experience. Remove the chop and lay it on the rack or towel-lined plate. Din Tai Fung’s fried rice with pork chop is my ultimate favourite food in this world. (or potato starch, or cornstarch) (*Footnote 2). In another skillet over high heat, add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Very nice, its changed my mind about five spice. Combine all the items to make a marinade. It’s the best to measure the temperature after frying each chop and reheat the oil in between if needed, to produce a consistent result. Your email address will not be published. Starting with the first chop that was fried, fry the chops again for 1 minute each, until they reach a deep golden brown color. In a large mixing bowl, combine pork and all of marinate ingredients. Serve. Thanks! You can rate this recipe by giving it a score of one, two, three, or four forks, which will be averaged out with other cooks' ratings. It’s guaranteed restaurant-style but can easily be made at home. I just wanted to show you that it’s totally possible to create this dish using your pantry staples. I would suggest frying the onions first and then adding garlic so the garlic is less likely to burn, using more cornstarch (you call it corn flour) to coat each piece before frying, and also frying the coated pork chops 2.5 min on each side on high instead of 2-3 min on high, then 2-3 min on medium if you want a more crispy pork chop. Coat pork chops into the marinade. Small pork chops that are about 1/2” (1.2 cm) thick work the best and are easier to pound thin, therefore producing a more flavorful result. Pork is a staple in Chinese cuisine. If you do not use a ziplock bag, you need to double the marinade so you have enough to cover the pork. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Transfer chops … Use to season the The well-seasoned pork chops are deep fried golden brown, the bits of batter at the edge crisp up real well, and are just great when you bite in! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Transfer the chops to the cooling rack or a fresh paper towel again. Satisfy your appetite and budget with these flavorful, juicy-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside Chinese fried pork chops for dinner. Tenderize meat pork with a meat mallet. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops. In a small bowl, mix together the five spice, garlic granules, salt and white pepper. Repeat with the remaining chops. Required fields are marked *. 4 pork chops 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds). Make a few cuts on the edge of the pork chops to prevent them from curling during deep frying. Welcome to my site about modern Chinese cooking, Asian inspired dishes, and classic recipes cooked in my small New York Kitchen. No thawing needed. It creates an extra crunchiness and a more textured coating. In this case, you should marinate the pork up to 4 hours, so the marinade will penetrate the meat fully. I am originally from Beijing, and now cook from my New York kitchen. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Vietnamese Crab & Asparagus Soup (Soup Mang Cua), Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Soup (Canh Chua), Instant Pot Vietnamese Chicken Curry (Cari Ga). To reheat the refrigerated pork chops, place them in a 450°F (230°C) oven until heated through, 5 minutes or so. It’s a Chinese specialty that makes the best crispy coating for fried food. Sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper to taste. These Chinese-style pork chops have the perfect texture and taste. However, no worries if you cannot find this special ingredient. Great job! Serve with freshly cooked rice. You’ll love this recipe because it’s incredibly satisfying, it’s super delicious, huge on flavors and ridiculously tasty. The recipe uses the common seasoning that are widely used for Chinese cooking, and to top it off we added ginger juice to improve the flavour. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 450g boneless pork chops, pounded evenly and cut into large pieces, 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped red chillies. Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). pork shoulder, or pork chops (cut into 2" length), bird eye chilis (or Thai chili) (chopped). Hey Maggie, this is a dish that I am going to give the barbecue treatment in the near future – thanks for sharing and watch this space , The barbecued pork chop sounds delicious! 26 Feb 2016. Mix corn starch and flour in a shallow dish. These Chinese-style pork … Pork is pan-fried until crisp, then stir-fried with chillies, onions, pepper and seasonings. Heat a large frying pan with 125ml oil over high heat. To reheat the frozen pork chops, reheat them directly in a 350°F (176°C) oven until heated through. That means more deliciousness every night! Remove from oil and rest on a rack. Add 2” (5 cm) oil into a tall pan (or a fryer) that’s just big enough to fit the pork. Then deep fried to bring out its crunchiness. You can refrigerate or freeze the pork chops once you cook them. Mix together all the ingredients except cornstarch and oil and pour over pork. It whips up in no time and served with a quickly stir-fried veggie and rice, it makes a complete meal in under 30 minutes. Allow the refried chops to cool slightly. Sign up to receive our 5-Day Chinese Cooking Crash Course and recipe updates. Serve pork chops with egg fried rice. Let stand for 2 hours or more. this is really tasty the family enjoyed it will cook this again.