Wonderful you say.Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful:he makes saints out of sinners.- Soren Kierkegaard. Explore 1000 Philosophy Quotes by authors including Winston Churchill, Bertrand Russell, and Thomas Jefferson at BrainyQuote. If I am happy in spite of my deprivations,if my happiness is so deep that it is a faith,so thoughtful that it becomes a philosophy of life.If, in short, I am an optimist,my testimony to the creed of optimism is worth hearing.- Helen Keller...Helen Keller (1880-1968) overcame being both deaf and blindto become a famous author, lecturer, and activistfor women's suffrage, workers' rights, and ending war. Both of us should be okay with this. But then, perhaps you hate life. It is rather good to be un-dead. "And I," said the girl, "am the Queen of Spain." Welcome back. So I don't”, “The only thing you owe yourself is happiness.”, “God of blind believers is most likely to be cock-eyed.”, “The pursuit of historical revelance is an under appreciated endeavor.”. Religion is more than life. So there's no use thinking about it. The boy had nodded. If you do not draw my picture my Mr. NOT shall butt-kick you nuts, as too your fancied bot up there nowhere, that silly naught!”, “People who say they do not regret anything in their life, for the next birth too should get the very same wife.”, “Happy New Year! But not that much as religious nuts. Then, my middle finger gets offended! You win.”, “Hindsight is usually more tragic than helpful.”, “No matter how hot your anger may be, it cannot cook.”, “This was Montana, and, frankly, the man on the mountain had a point.”, “She has a particular penchant for mentally noting how much I drink, how much I eat, how much exercise I get, and the like. A moron or a lout, however, doesn't stop to think or reason. "Chinese," he whispered. Thank God, I am just nuts.”, “Stop cribbing! And oh! Funny Philosophy Quotes Funny Quotes about Philosophy. And he'll show you who he is not.”, “If you have the time to give time some time, won't be a time that you will curse the time.”, “I am really, truly dead serious when I am just joking. Quotes by Philosophers from BrainyQuote, an extensive collection of quotations by famous authors, celebrities, and newsmakers. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Or are you not terrified by it?I have seen men in real life who so long deceived othersthat at last their true nature could not reveal itself;...In every man there is something which to a certain degreeprevents him from becoming perfectly transparent to himself;and this may be the case in so high a degree,he may be so inexplicably woven into relationships of lifewhich extend far beyond himself that he almost cannot reveal himself.But he who cannot reveal himself cannot love,and he who cannot love is the most unhappy man of all.- Soren Kierkegaard, Truth always rests with the minority,and the minority is always stronger than the majority,because the minority is generally formed by thosewho really have an opinion,while the strength of a majority is illusory,formed by the gangs who have no opinion -and who, therefore, in the next instant(when it is evident that the minority is the stronger)assume its opinion... while truth again reverts to a new minority.- Soren Kierkegaard, The test of all beliefs is their practical effect in life.If it be true that optimism compels the world forward,and pessimism retards it, then it is dangerous topropagate a pessimistic philosophy.- Helen Keller, This is my simple religion.There is no need for temples;no need for complicated philosophy.Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;the philosophy is kindness.- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, I am an Epicurean.I consider the genuine (not the imputed) doctrines of Epicurusas containing everything rational in moral philosophywhich Greek and Roman leave to us.- Thomas Jefferson, We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts,foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values.For a nation that is afraid to let its people judgethe truth and falsehood in an open marketis a nation that is afraid of its people.- John F. Kennedy, The man of science is a poor philosopher.- Albert Einstein, My advice to you is get married:if you find a good wife you'll be happy;if not, you'll become a philosopher.- Socrates, By all means marry.If you get a good wife, you'll be happy.If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopherand that is a good thing for any man.- Socrates, To a philosopher all news,as it is called, is gossip,and they who edit and read itare old women over their tea.- Henry David Thoreau, Social progress can be measuredby the social position of the female sex.- Karl Marx(German philosopher and political economistwhose ideas are credited as the foundation of modern communism), To the philosopher,death is but the next great adventure.- J. K. Rowling, Why does a woman work ten years to change a man's habitsand then complain that he's not the man she married?- Barbra Streisand, A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.- W. C. Fields, A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.- Benjamin Franklin, No man is truly married until he understandsevery word his wife is NOT saying.- Anonymous, A man likes his wife to bejust clever enough to appreciate his cleverness,and just stupid enough to admire it.- Israel Zangwill, Give a man one rabbit, and he will eat for a day;give a man two rabbits, and he willfeed his family and his neighborsand return you 64,768 rabbits in change.- Anonymous, In order to be happy with a man,you must understand him a lot and love him a little.To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lotand not try to understand her at all.- Helen Rowland, One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.- Robert A. Heinlein, Barf: I'm a mog: half man, half dog.