})(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I think it has to do with his desire to control a beautiful woman completely but he can't get her because she thinks she's too good for him and is a plastic beauty queen addicted to Revlon. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; Rick Astley on "Never Gonna Give You Up," "Cry For Help," and his remarkable resurgence that gave him another #1 UK album. [7], *sales figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone, "Halsey interview: "I don't believe people who say they're themselves all the time, "Halsey at MSG: N.J.'s new star shows glimpses of pop's 'insane' future (PHOTOS)", "Halsey Makes Madison Square Garden Her Kingdom For Final Installment Of Badlands Tour", "Exclusive: Halsey to Perform at 2016 Nobel Peace Prize Concert", "Who Is Halsey, The Woman With The No. I also believe that because the person is constantly being judged and labeled, they don't know how to stop what they're doing. The verses are mostly dedicated to her questioning whether the listener is “deranged like” her. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, Clark said regarding the song's meaning: "The lyrics are obviously very sarcastic, but I didn't want them to come off tongue-in-cheek. AC/DC’s “Money Shot” is without a doubt a sex song. song: "Gasoline", All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. The track features American singer/songwriter Demi Lovato on vocals. (function() { George Harrison's 1971 song "Bangla Desh" was the first major charity single. [4] Tina Roumeliotis from Buzznet called the song "a crowd-pleaser"[5] while Billboard's Chris Payne considers it "a fan favourite". Clark said regarding the song's meaning: "The lyrics are obviously very sarcastic, but I didn't want them to come off tongue-in-cheek. Tagged: No tags, suggest one. The lyrics of “Solo” see Lovato singing about her woes of … Queen, Phish and The Stones are among our picks for the best band logos. sort form. No Replies Log in to reply Add your thoughts. The idea of putting out a fire with gasoline is something that came to me very early in the writing process for this record. "[2] The track is written about Halsey's experience with mental health, her bipolar disorder and her feeling out of step with the rest of society. The good doctor shares some candid insights on recording with Phil Spector and The Black Keys. Song Meanings and Facts Blog. This makes them feel hopeless. It was written by Halsey and Lido, the latter also producing the song.Despite just being included on the deluxe edition of Badlands, it is one of the album's most popular tracks, counting with more than 200 million plays on Spotify All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; [1], The song is described as a "brooding electropop track. adunit_id: 100001411, And by the looks of things, the addressee is a lady who is in heat in addition to being a romantic interest of the singer. I believe that because of the chorus "low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline. ", I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That). I think the concept behind the lyrics actually meshes well with — and possibly informed the writing behind — the almost bipolar nature of the song. "Gasoline" is a song by American singer and songwriter Halsey. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. ", the song means the singer feels depressed and is only going through the motions of life. "Gasoline" is a song by American singer and songwriter Halsey. The girl in this song is depressed and she has to act perfectly in front of others and can't be herself. Updated September 12, 2020 “Solo” is a song by the Grammy Award-winning English EDM band Clean Bandit. It deals with the issue of a mental condition she has, bipolar disorder, in relation to her success in the music industry. Doubt led to drive for Francis, who still isn't sure why one of Status Quo's biggest hits is so beloved. trinity_tragedyon March 15, 2007 Link. November 19, 2020 “Code Red” by AC/DC. Basically, she is a stripper who he once had a relationship with. (function() { Gasoline song meanings Add your thoughts 5 Comments. He has some twisted obsession with her. So he gets frustrated and has violent fantasies about soaking his penis in her blood on her period and burning her house down. According to Frank Sinatra's daughter, he hated "My Way," but had to sing it at every show when it became his signature song. I also believe that because the person is constantly being judged and labeled, they don't know how to stop what they're doing. "The House Of The Rising Sun" is a traditional folk song, either about a brothel or a prison. You mean Gas? This makes them feel hopeless. She was hospitalized for a suicide attempt that was caused by it when she was 17. song: "Gasoline", Here are their histories and a design analysis from an expert. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) It seems to confound him as to why she's being that way with him as well. Billy Joel's song "Allentown" was written as "Levittown," which is the town in Long Island where he grew up. 1 Song In The Country? Despite just being included on the deluxe edition of Badlands, it is one of the album's most popular tracks, counting with more than 200 million plays on Spotify. Last night I saw that beauty queen Watched her paint her face on I wanna be that magazine That she bases life on I wanna waste her monthly blood Wanna get some on my love Wanna get some gasoline And burn the house down She’s got nothing... anonymous … adunit_id: 100001411, She described the track as self-aware, considering it a synopsis for the album and as she said, "what I thought the record was missing". View by: Highest Rated; Most Recent; Oldest First +5. var opts = {