Candidates will get competitive exams pdfs on English pertaining to various topics containing lists, rules and general English questions and answers. 2) Correct the sentence if necessary. [C] The What does the idiom "pie in the sky" mean? What does the idiom "born and bred" mean? General English Grammar Questions And Answers Quiz. What does the idiom "feel like a million" mean? Get help with your English grammar homework. 2. a. Deceit b. [D] None of the above. What does the idiom "iron in the fire" mean? General English Questions 2018 for the Competitive Exams are available here. What does the idiom "hold your tongue" mean? Access the answers to hundreds of English grammar questions that are explained in a way that's easy for you to understand. Why do we learn active and passive voice? What does the idiom "put on the dog" mean? What does the idiom "green around the gills" mean? Candidates preparing for the various government exams can refer to the detailed exam syllabus from the links given below: To understand the prominence of English in the competitive exam it is important to understand the types of general English questions and answers asked in the government exams. ✔. What does the idiom "holding my own" mean? What does the idiom "in the doghouse" mean? You can print these Multiple Choice Questions in default mode to conduct exams directly. What does the idiom "get the ball rolling" mean? What does the idiom "blow the whistle" mean? 3. In which example is the past participle being used to describe a noun? What figure of speech is "eat that frog"? What is the meaning of the idiom "start from scratch"? [C] Expect Of course there was always a chance he knew the suspect, all along. Check the list below: Aspirants can check 100 difference between articles for revision in the linked page, where they will get differences between important concepts and topics covered under different subjects, relevant from the exam point of view. B) That is the most best book on the subject. What does the idiom "bite the bullet" mean? [C] Catostrophe Obscure b. What does the idiom "boiling point" mean? These are some key point need to be discussed for those who wants to prepare as student, consider a job applicants and applied as interviewed. What does the idiom "you are what you eat" mean? [B] He told, Go home ! What does the idiom "get your feet wet" mean? What does the idiom "snake in the grass" mean? What does the idiom "walk on clouds" mean? Fair c. Panic d. None of these, Question: The Antonyms of Famous? What do you use colons and semicolons for, and what's a easy way to remember? Browse through all study tools. B) The furnitures in the room are beautiful. [C] says that we are to keep the gate closed. ✔. What does the idiom "shoot the breeze" mean? What does the idiom "eat humble pie" mean? What does the idiom "hit the ceiling" mean? 16) Correct the sentence if necessary. What does the idiom "running out of steam" mean? [A] The sceneries here are not good . What does the idiom "on pins and needles" mean? What does the idiom "down in the mouth" mean? I want her class om English in full. Other than family members should be compared using the word OLDER. What does the idiom "the cold shoulder" mean? [D] The kids are being watched by my parents, Q(13): Select the word which is choosiest to the OPPOSITE in meaning of the underlined word in the following sentence –. What does the idiom "not my cup of tea" mean? Give a detailed explanation. General English Grammar MCQ Questions and Answers on Adjective Correction of Sentences 1, ExamTray App is now Available on Google Play. 'Who would ve thought that I d be in this position in my life where going back to school was just a dream. You can improve your knowledge to attempt the Test Series. What does the idiom "lay down the law" mean? C) My sister gave me three pieces of bread to eat. What does the idiom "the cream of the crop" mean? 1) Correct the sentence if necessary. What does the idiom "apple of my eye" mean? What does the idiom "long in the tooth" mean? General English Grammar 7. [C] later is going to clean the room. Q(11): Select the correct ACTIVE FORM for the above sentence from the alternative suggested below – [B] II What does the idiom "bought the farm" mean? 1) Correct the sentence if necessary. Questions – English Grammar Exercises. What does the idiom "when pigs fly" mean? What does the idiom "keep your chin up" mean? What does the idiom "hold a candle to" mean? What is the origin of the idiom "knock on wood"? What does the idiom "caught red-handed" mean? CGGKQUIZ - General Knowledge Questions and Answers in Hindi Quiz. What figure of speech is "bores me to tears"? Required fields are marked *, Latest Notifications 2020-2021 for Government Exams, IBPS RRB [PO & Clerk] Online Registration Re-opened, Aspirants who are willing to apply for the various. [D] A seemingly impossible or difficult take or problem.