This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Have been using Marcus Milller strings for 5 years and thought I was happy, but the GHS really woke me up. I ordered GHS Pressurewounds to try them for my 5-string fretless - up till now it was stringed with flats, but I was looking for brighter sound and this "mwah" :-). Pressurewound Bronze are also designed in such a way that they also work well with electric basses. During the winding process, each string's outer wrapping is flattened slightly. Please click on the link in the confirmation email we just sent you to submit your question. The strings arrived exactly on time I expected, no problem with delivery, I can recommend both the Pressurewounds and SBM. $39.99 For an even lower price, add to cart. They seem to have a surprisingly long life to them too, I really didn't know what to expect and i kinda just bought them on a whim and honestly they are incredibly. They have great low/mid punch and growl (I'm NOT looking for the Jaco tone) and one of the best low B strings I've ever played. Overview Pressurewounds strike the perfect balance between aggressive and smooth, with less finger noise. I’ve found the .44 G to be too light for my tastes. I also have an EBMM SR5 (with piezo bridge), and after trying DA and Ken Smith halfrounds, DR Sunbeams and a couple of other brands, I came upon these GHS Pressurewounds. We (my wife and I) could immediately hear improved note/tonal clarity and resonance after replacing our daughter's factory strings on her bass. Martin Authentic Acoustic 80/20 Bronze, C.F. Light (37.25" winding) ($45.15) Add to Cart. They have more bloom and sustain than half-rounds, but less finger noise and fingerboard damage than roundwounds. There boomy kind of like a flat but still retain almost all of the brilliance of a traditional roundwound. Martin Authentic Acoustic Phosphor Bronze, C.F. All Rights Reserved. .62D/48.6 lbs. Wound over a hex core wire, a highly magnetic nickel-iron alloy (Alloy 52™) is run through precision rollers, slightly flattening the final wrap. So after 4 years of having pressurewounds settle in my Bass they still sound good and very very broken in (dead sounding). Whether touring the world, the nation, the local club scene or even just practicing in the bedroom, GHS Strings has been helping bass players hold down the low end and find their unique sound for decades. I discovered GHS Pressurewounds about 7 years ago based on the advice of a friend whom I respect. Copyright © 1997 – 2019 JustStrings.com, Inc. Gold Supporters see zero ads! I started using these almost exclusively late 2015. I can now play across the neck with equal tone and clarity, even on the B string! Call off the dogs, the hunt is over! Note: Lakeland 5 string is 35" scale and yes, the B string was barely long enough (c'mon GHS, one more inch of string won't break the bank! Martin Authentic Acoustic Treated Phosphor Bronze. Pressurewounds strike the perfect balance between aggressive and smooth, with less finger noise. GHS M7200-5 Pressurewound Electric Bass 5-String 44-128 Medium. GHS Electric Bass Pressurewound 5-String 34" Scale, .044-.128, M7200-5, Steinberger Double Ball Bass Guitar Strings, D'Addario/Planet Waves O-Port Black Large (fits 3.875" - 4"), PW-OPBKL, D'Addario/Planet Waves O-Port Black Small (fits 3.375" - 3.5"), PW-OPBKS, D'Addario/Planet Waves O-Port White Large (fits 3.875" - 4"), PW-OPWHL, D'Addario/Planet Waves O-Port White Small (fits 3.375" - 3.5"), PW-OPWHS, D'Addario/Planet Waves Screeching Halt, PW-SH-01, Strings and Accessories Listed by Manufacturer, Dean Markley Seven (7) String Guitar Strings, DR Strings Seven (7) String Guitar Strings, Elixir Seven (7) and Eight (8) String Guitar Strings, La Bella 7, 8 and 9 String Guitar Strings, Newtone Seven (7) and Eight (8) String Guitar Strings, Pyramid Seven (7) and Eight (8) String Guitar Sets, RotoSound Seven (7) and Eight (8) String Guitar Strings, S I T Strings 7 and 8 String Guitar Strings, Black Diamond Twelve (12) String Guitar Strings, C.F. Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Linnin, Oct 12, 2015. ), so I'm giving the PW's 4-Stars for this reason only. Wound over a hex core wire, a highly magnetic nickel-iron alloy (Alloy 52™) is run through precision rollers, slightly flattening the final wrap. Hated the Elixir's that came with my bass, they had a huge tone difference from the low strings to the high, these solved that problem. Wound over a hex core wire, a highly magnetic nickel-iron alloy (Alloy 52™) is run through precision rollers, slightly flattening the final wrap. GHS Bass Strings. Even tone across the entire 'board. GHS Crossover NXT 5 strings £79 + £2 UK p&p. Alloy 52 is run through computer controlled precision rollers in the winding process to create a semi-flat string with great articulation, a mellow tone with less finger noise. Description. not separate, Please enter a star rating for this review, Please fill out all of the mandatory (*) fields, One or more of your answers does not meet the required criteria. I tried a couple of other brands since, but not for long. Used SBM for my last few orders of GHS Pressurewounds which I cannot find locally (even in a relatively large city). I could not easily find Bass guitar strings but once I did 5 strings were by mfg. Got a set of these PW strings for my Lakeland 55-02 and am still amazed I didn't hear about these strings sooner! Sounds fine but I’d like it to be heavier as it would be a better match for the rest of the medium set. The tone of the strings is so even I'm ordering another set for my Warwick Fortress 5 (which is a 34" scale). Surprisingly our daughter, the bass player, said she couldn't really tell a difference. For Sale: Bass Guitar Strings and Accessories, The TB Bazaar: Gear For Sale from our Sponsors, For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings & Accessories, Wanted: Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories, Wanted: Double Basses, Amps & Accessories, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Aah... as they say, "youth is often wasted on the young." Copyright var date = new Date(); document.write(date.getFullYear()) Fret Nation. The item you are trying to purchase is currently out of stock.Please enter your name, email, and phone number below. GHS M7200-5 Pressurewound Electric Bass 5-String 44-128 Medium. Your review was sent successfully and is now waiting for our staff to publish it. I put a set of these on my 5-string fretless bass, and they have the sound and feel I've been searching for. Standard medium gauge acoustic guitar set? TalkBass utilizes technology from Skimlinks that may give us a small affiliate commission on purchases made via links on our site. They are very responsive to dynamic playing, and I like the (what I would call) stiffness of the strings under the right hand. GHS Pressurewound Nickel-Iron Bass Strings Long Scale - 5-String 44-128 M7200-5.044.062.084.106.128 GHS Pressurewound Bass Strings are made from GHS's exclusive Alloy 52, a magnetically active material designed specifically to increase the strings brightness. RBB120 is available separately for 5 string sets. Share your review so everyone else can enjoy it too. Regardless of what our 14-year-old says, these are clearly superior strings. GHS Bass Strings. The GHS Bass Boomers® are the classic Power String and they have been for years. GHS Electric Bass Pressurewound 5-String 34" Scale, .044-.128, M7200-5. These really sing on my Stingray 5 fretless. I highly recommend these strings. BOOMERS®. Surprisingly our daughter, the bass player, said she couldn't really tell a difference.