On Instagram? My mother makes this recipe every winter when her lemon tree had ripe fruit. They were very moist and not too sweet. So patient. I baked my loaf for 63 minutes using a glass loaf pan and at 325 degrees. I’m wondering if I could use almond flour in this recipe… and if so, how much baking Soda would I need to add? Please review the Comment Policy. Remove from oven and let cool. It’s light, moist, lemony, with just a touch of honey and cardamom. Lemon extract or store bought lemon juice just don’t have the same outcome as freshly squeezed lemon juice or grated zest. t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, Hello! Lovely dark “crust” with moist interior. 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread on top of cooled bread. Before you store your bread, be sure to let it cool completely. The bread is done when a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out "mostly" clean. Hi Christina, reducing the sugar will change the outcome, but it might be an outcome you like. Add in the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It was so easy to make and the colors make for a beautiful presentation! To freeze whole lemons, place them in freezer bags (remove as much air as possible before sealing). document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); The steps are so easy to follow. Trust me you will be so proud of yourself too after you see how delicious this bread turns out!! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. GLAZE: While the lemon bread is cooling, mix up the glaze in a small bowl. It adds such a vibrant flavor to any recipe I make. I totally planned on using lemon, but I completely forgot to buy lemons at the store and didn’t want to go back a second time :-) …i also added a little more zest. fbq('init', '1748581388781497' ); fbq('track', 'PageView'); It has the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavors. Add in the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches desired consistency. As you know if you have been a reader for a while, I love lemon! Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. it’s bedtime for me now, but tomorrow! They came back for seconds. It was perfect in taste, texture and appearance. In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, sift … Glazed Lemon Bread Recipe | The Recipe Critic By admin Posted on May 31, 2020 In recipes No Comments. I wanted a mix of cake and bread with a fantastic sweet and sour glaze. The bread was a winner. Have it nana and she shared with other seniors in her building. Tweet Pin It. Thanks for letting us know that the batter will appear curdled at one point. You have entered an incorrect email address! Thank you! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I will make this loaf often.My husband loves lemon and the lemon glaze poured over this one gives it that much more flavor.I doubled the recipe to make two loaves and instead of 4 teaspoons of lemon rind I used 6.I just didnt think 4 would give it enough zing.Thank you Lisa! Add the sugar and honey, continue to beat until creamy, a few minutes more. I eliminated the nuts -nuts and lemon? Unforgettable Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze, lemon bread, lemon glaze, lemon cake, lemon loaf, quick bread, sweet bread. After loaf has cooled for 10 minutes, spoon glaze over loaf. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. We encourage readers to make their calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator, especially those with dietetic allergies and food-related diagnoses. It has the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavors. In a small bowl add the powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk. This is a beautiful cake. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until incorporated, being careful not to over mix. i have a 7×5 pyrex baking dish that will work perfectly! Love it! If you are pressed for time and have cold eggs, put them in a bowl of warm water (not hot, warm) for a few minutes before using. 5 While the lemon bread is baking, prepare the glaze. Source link. then i finally looked up some pan conversion sizes, and an 8×4 loaf pan works out to be around 4 cups, so i started testing. I tried this one evening as a dessert.. Spread the batter evenly into your loaf pan. Glazed Lemon Bread will be your new favorite treat! For fun, I added a handful of chopped dates because my husband loves them. A couple of moist crumbs are okay. The bread is delicious!! Do not worry if the mixture looks a little curdled. Add to the wet ingredients, beating until smooth. You can do this! Be sure to try it too and let me know your thoughts! I would love to try this recipe as individual muffins or cupcakes. With so many alterations I was a little unsure when I popped it into the oven but boy was I wrong to doubt. This glazed lemon bread, a tea cake really, is perfect for chasing off the grouchy-grumblies. Congrats! Many thanks for posting! This recipe is amazing- going to make it again this weekend. © Copyright amazingcookingrecipes.com 2019. After trying the wonderful banana bread recipe, I want to try this one too. Then, place your lemon bread in an airtight container. If you are an avid fan of lemon, I recommend keeping a lemon (or two) in your freezer to use for lemon recipes. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Next time I make it, I’m making 2 loaves! In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 1 and 3/4 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. However, I highly recommend using the real lemon zest instead as it has great vitamins and fresh flavor with no chemical taste. Info. We’re here to help you put dinner (and breakfast and lunch) on the table with less stress and more joy. Glazed Lemon Bread Recipe | The Recipe Critic, One Pan BBQ Meatballs and Roasted Potatoes that Make Clean-Up Easy, Reading MFK Fisher’s ‘How to Cook a Wolf’ During Coronavirus, Easy Casseroles and One Pot Meals to Prepare for Essential Workers, America’s Dive Bars Mourn the Death of Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek, Try Our Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Milk, How a Toxic Work Culture Enabled Sexual Misconduct at Bida Manda in Raleigh, Family of a Publix Employee Who Died From COVID-19 Is Suing the Chain. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It was so tempting to by that box mix, and you resisted! Either leave a stick of butter on kitchen counter for an hour, or place between two pieces of wax paper and rollout with a rolling pin to soften. 4 Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F. It’s for those days when you hit every red light, when you’re on the phone all day trying to fix a situation that should never have become broken in the first place, when every attempt at anything gets thwarted somehow, and all you want to do is crawl back i… Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray containing flour or grease the pan well with butter. 9×5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. I doubled the recipe and made one large loaf and three mini loaves. If you are an avid fan of lemon, I recommend keeping a lemon (or two) in your freezer to use for lemon recipes. Sharon’s Expert Tips: You can use either Meyer or regular lemons. n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; This is because of the strong aroma of the lemon extract. Use a microplane grater to zest 2 large lemons into the dry ingredients. !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s){if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod? Baking times vary, so keep an eye on your bread. WOW. Drizzle on loaf/loaves when cooled. How to Make the Best Penne alla Vodka Recipe. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add in the flour and mix until incorporated. I had no problems with dryness as other reviewers have noted and I loved this bread. These ingredients are mostly pantry staples that you will have on hand. Drizzle over the warm bread. Thanks for the recipe. Legal Disclaimer. Anyway cut out the nuts. Add in the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, zest, and sour cream and mix until combined. I used this recipe to make lemon muffins. Orange can be a bit bitter. Thank you in advance and this has become my favorite recipe website! Bake about 35-40 minutes. It was a huge hit at my life group; I brought home a cleaned off plate! However, my family doesn’t like sweets to be this sweet – is there any chance I could use less sugar without damaging the outcome or should I stick to the given amount? I doubled the batter and baked in a buttered/floured bundt pan for 55 minutes. It adds such a vibrant flavor to any recipe I make. Add in the flour and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. So, when I was shopping at a local market and saw tons of fresh lemons, this recipe immediately started forming in my mind! Glazed Lemon Bread is a soft, moist bread bursting with citrus lemon flavor and topped with a shell of sweet lemon glaze.