I can't get enough of these fries! Serve with, Baked Potato Wedges, Greek Fries, Oven Fries. x. I made these recently and we loved them! Lastly, though these fries taste too good as it is, I still say that serve them with Tzatziki Sauce and that combo would literally perk up your taste buds. Top with feta cheese, onion, tomato, olives, and parsley. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. Our all access membership is the only place you can find every foolproof recipe, TV episode, and objective ratings and test results for cookware and supermarket ingredients from all 25 years of Cook’s Country, America’s Test Kitchen, and Cook’s Illustrated. Making again. America's Test Kitchen will not sell, rent, or disclose your email address to third parties unless otherwise notified. Caramels chocolate bar donut cookie. And no, I didn’t forget about the onions and peppers. Later, throw all the seasonings on them, and you are done. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Jelly jelly beans candy. - unless called for in significant quantity. This recipe does not currently have any reviews. Once the fries are done, top them with ingredients as mentioned below.Check out this recipe to make perfectly crispy French Fries at home. © 2020 America's Test Kitchen. Good appetite! Love the feta sprinkled on top, too! Made this recipe for dinner and it was a hit! These … Drain and spread the wedges on a large, clean towel and pat very dry. Where’s the full recipe - why can I only see the ingredients? Check your email to confirm your subscription! Let’s learn from what diner cooks know, but then improve upon it. To flavor these fries, you will need extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and salt. Greek Fries are a delicious twist to your regular fries, where flavored fries are topped with heaps of dairy fresh feta cheese, onions, tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Here's how to replicate them at home. Too often they’re mealy, not creamy; greasy, not crisp; and when you hate bell peppers as much as I do, home fries have a steep hill to climb. Your email address will not be published. I have baked the fries here, to avoid the deep-fried ones, but you can go ahead and make it the traditional way. I prefer hash browns (shredded and crisped up in a thin cake on the griddle), but I recognize that most people like home fries (pre-cooked cubes smashed on a griddle and crisped up with bell peppers and onions), if for no other reason than the fact that every damn diner in America adds them on to my plate of sausage and eggs without any prompting. 1. Feta Cheese adds a tangy and salty taste to the fries, whereas tomatoes and onions add a nice crunch along with a bite. 25 years of Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, and America's Test Kitchen foolproof recipes, In-depth videos of recipes and cooking techniques, Up-to-Date reviews and product buying guides. You may also enjoy 50+ Top Mediterranean diet recipes. In the meantime add oil, garlic, pepper, oregano and diced onions in a large fry pan (big enough to hold potatoes). Amp up the flavor! This recipe is obviously not the traditional patates tiganites, but these oven fries take on some of the same characteristics. Can't wait to try them!! Now, traditionally, these Fries are made by frying them in olive oil but even vegetable oil works just fine – saying by experience. 1. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Copyright © 2020 The Mediterranean Dish. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Your email address is required to identify you for free access to content on the site. To get those home fries crackling enough on the edges (because if you’re not, why aren’t you just making mashed potatoes? Recipe Card; About This Recipe. Caramels chocolate bar donut cookie. Jelly jelly beans candy. Chupa chups sesame snaps chocolate cake tart icing chupa chups sesame snaps. The delicious sauce tastes so good. A diner breakfast simply isn't complete without a side of crusty, deeply browned home fries. 0. And you have a search engine for ALL your recipes! You can rate this recipe by giving it a score of one, two, three, or four forks, which will be averaged out with other cooks' ratings. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. If you like, you can also share your specific comments, positive or negative - as well as any tips or substitutions - in the written review space. Can I use white sweet potato instead of russet potatos? tootsie roll tart. Powder sugar plum liquorice. ), you‘ve got to lay your cooked ’taters out on a rack or layer of paper towels in a single layer to drain, exposing as much of their surface area to the air as possible. Add them in a bowl and pour extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and salt on top. I love cake indeed. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Today, influenced by my mother's tasty kitchen, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. To give a nice tangy taste, red wine vinegar or lemon juice is added to them. Add onions, paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; stir to blend and serve immediately.