Less sugar, but all the flavor make this Lemon Blueberry Bread a favorite! I used the 1.5 cups and the bread was perfect and delicious! Another great recipe. All rights reserved. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. This would be a great treat . I even tried it with fresh cranberries, delicious! This recipe is very adaptable to tastes or dietary needs. Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. It might just come out a little more dense than using WW pastry flour. All you need to make them is gluten-free all purpose flour (we use GF Jules– Affiliate link), baking powder, salt, cane sugar or coconut sugar, butter or dairy-free butter, plain yogurt or dairy-free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh blueberries and turbinado sugar for sprinkling. You’ve been making them too! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! This looks fantastic, we will love it! « Sous Vide Mahi-Mahi Recipe with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce, 2019 Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Schedule ». Required fields are marked *. But it’s super easy to make and is our favourite way to use fresh blueberries. The flavors of lemon and blueberry complement each other beautifully. thanks, You’re welcome! It’s been on my list of recipes to try and with fresh blueberries in the refrigerator, so it was perfect timing. I like lemon and blueberry, so to have them combined, will be wonderful! Lemon blueberry bread is one of the easiest quick bread recipes. And happy you love the Asparagus Leek Quiche with potato crust too! Gently fold in blueberries until evenly distributed. Hi! Just wanted to stop by from the SITS Saturday Sharefest and say hello! I hope you find something that inspires you! ~Tan~. Your email address will not be published. The recipe makes enough batter for 1 large loaf and 1 mini loaf! Studies have shown that just a handful of blueberries a day can improve your memory. And we’ve made them several times in recent weeks while sheltering at home. Homemade stuffing is ridiculously easy to make, but there are a few things you can do that would ruin a perfectly good stuffing. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Miz Helen. it’s usually a very thick batter… did it cook ok? . Mix flour mixture into wet mixture until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain, about 1 minute. Can’t wait to try this recipe. so we did! Both work fine for keeping the baked bread from sticking to the pan. And you can use milk based and almond milk yogurt. This one was mad with dairy-free butter, cane sugar and almond milk yogurt. We’ll have to try this one. I also omitted the glaze. Everyone loved it. The flavor of this quick bread was quite good, I really adore the combination of lemon and blueberries. I made it for the first time last year and simply fell in love!!!! I hope you love this Blueberry Bread as much as we do! Serve up something amazing when you make this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf. Good taste weird texture - very dense. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. © 2020 Healthy Gluten Free Family. It’s a keeper!! So at 7:30 last night I decided to bake this blueberry lemon bread. Perfection! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. AD Swipe left, Trick or treat, gimme something good to eat...Who, Halloween is coming! var ts=document.getElementById('ti-pixel-tracker'); var axel = Math.random() + ""; var num = axel * 1000000000000000000; var ti=document.createElement("img"); ti.style.display="none"; ti.src="https://tracking.tapinfluence.com/trk/MqIF1/DrYqc/p.png?p=ejyZj" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "i=LXeqP" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "ord="+ num + String.fromCharCode(38) + "s=" + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer); ts.parentNode.replaceChild(ti,ts); JSON.stringify({"program_id":"b52ed85a-49f7-11e7-b3eb-22000a66c666","post_id":"00a1d67a-4ad4-11e7-aea0-22000a66c666"}); This bread looks delicious! When I’m not at home, I’m out exploring Tampa Bay or off on an adventure out of town. June 12th, 2017September 14th, 2020 / Tracy / Recipes. Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. You saved Blueberry Lemon Bread to your. I seriuosly want to just through the screen to eat this right now! Also be sure to be gentle when folding in the blueberries. I love blueberries. Stir the confectioners sugar and lemon juice together. My family loves this recipe, I have made it several times. If so, how did it turn out? In a separate medium bowl all the oil, applesauce, greek yogurt, vanilla, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest - mix well. The zest makes all the difference. Get the latest recipes and more sent to your inbox! And one important tip before baking for best texture and flavor: After mixing the batter together, sure to “rest” the batter for 20-25 minutes prior to spooning it into the loaf pan. It is incredibly scrumptious! It is 1 1/2 cups! In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. This will help keep the moisture in and the air out. Looks delicious! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it! You all know that I am all about looking for healthier options when it comes to cooking, so when I was developing this Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe, that was a big factor. It still turned out great! Come Back Soon! I love the lemon in dessert recipes. It is like they were made for each other! This is lovely. It has a light fresh-tasting flavor, is bursting with juicy blueberries and has the most amazing soft & fluffy texture! The internet is big. Glaze will harden up a bit after approx. Hi there! I don't think the butter should be melted - creaming it with the sugar might give it a lighter texture. Love the recipe but my dough was too runny. I followed the recipe exact only I did not make the glaze. But watching what you eat isn’t all you need to do in order to live healthier. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Do I need to add more water to make up for the liquid I would get from the syrup? I baked mine in an 8x8 square pan and cut into squares. Healthy Gluten-Free Family In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs. It’s the perfect recipe for a healthy dessert, breakfast, or afternoon snack! Enjoy this scrumptious Blueberry Lemon Bread. Love blueberry and lemon together. I also doubled the lemon juice in the drizzle on the top: 1 teaspoon wasn t enough. My posts and pictures here and on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter are labors of love that allow me to share a very personal journey with you, one our family has taken together — learning, experimenting and sharing how to raise a healthy happy gluten-free family. Will definitely be a keeper! You can mix by hand or with a hand mixer but as you may know by now, we love our Kitchen Aid stand mixer  (Amazon affiliate link) and use it for everything, including this muffins. If the bread begins to become too brown, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top to prevent burning. Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul hop. The bread is light and fluffy, full of juicy blueberries, and has a hint of lemon that is so fresh tasting! This Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread has Less Sugar But All The Flavor! Once bread is cool, make the lemon glaze if desired. So happy you’re enjoying our recipes! Scroll down to see the recipe and leave a comment if you try. Let cool for 10 minutes. Perfect to be served with tea or even a cup of sous vide cold brew coffee. This was such a great combination of flavors. The opinions and text are all mine. This lemon blueberry bread is 100% whole-wheat, naturally sweetened, and bursting with fresh lemon and blueberry flavor. Blueberries and lemon together is so scrumptious!!! 30-40 minutes. Bake the small bread for 25 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. But the cake didn't seem to be compromised by it at all - in fact, I might just use that same amount the next time I make this - because it was good, just as I made it.