All Rights Reserved. ? Share on Twitter. The even heat distribution is PERFECT for these. It has everything you could possibly be craving for breakfast in one dish – ground pork, potatoes, onion, peppers, eggs, and avocado. Your email address will not be published. Sounds like a great way to sub for the meat! Wrapped inside a tortilla to make a burrito, Stuffed inside a baked sweet potato for a vegan lunch or dinner, Rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, High in protein, making them a great alternative to meat for vegetarians and vegans alike, Contain almost all of the essential amino acids (except for one – methionine), so chickpeas aren’t quite a complete protein, Heart healthy (due to the magnesium and potassium properties found in chickpeas), May help reduce triglycerides and LDL cholesterol levels (the bad kind), 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. While potatoes are cooking, in a separate skillet, cook the egg whites with a little butter-flavored cooking spray. Based on your taste and cooking time, choose some to serve to the whole family. and, a great way to get veggies. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. We can’t get enough chorizo! This heart healthy breakfast comes together in about 20 minutes (not including time for the oven roasted potatoes), I serve this breakfast skillet with oven roasted potatoes, but it could also be served with…, This is a delicious savory Vegan Breakfast Skillet is loaded with lightly seasoned chickpeas, onion, red pepper, tomato, mushrooms and spinach, and it's served with oven-roasted potatoes, avocado and salsa. Get the recipe from Autoimmune Wellness. I don’t do the Paleo thing, but low cal and yummy has my interest! This grain-free rendition is made with cauliflower instead – our favorite versatile veggie – and topped off with a fresh egg yolk to add to the creaminess. Get the recipe from Anya’s Eats. Be the first to rate this recipe! Your email address will not be published. You know it’s good! The mixture of caramelized onions, prosciutto, and coconut milk in the eggs bring that hearty texture home. First of all congrats on your 100th blog post and also this recipe sounds amazing. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and water and cook another 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes produce a stew-like texture. Just make sure your skillet is big enough to serve your household! Let cool for 5 minutes, … Remove the bacon and set aside on a plate, leaving the grease in the skillet. Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest Share by Email More sharing options. Italian Style Breakfast Skillet The Mccallum's Shamrock Patch. If someone tells you they don’t like it, they’re lying. This skillet isn’t lacking in… well, anything. This red curry comes to life with chicken in the mix, basil, greens and other veggies, and you can make it as spicy as you like! Oh well – I promise I’ll make it up to you on Friday. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Let's get cooking! This dish is MADE to take on a lot of it. This is a fantastic and hearty meal you can easily break off a slice of in the morning on your way out the door, keeping you full for hours. Your email address will not be published. If you’ve not a bacon fan, just leave that out and use oil to sauté your veggies instead. Bell peppers – A great source of Vitamin C to promote immune health, and also many antioxidants (which promote health and may be important to training adaptations for athletes). Roasted brussels sprouts change the game. Cook sweet potato chunks for about 7 minutes before adding in zucchini. Reduce heat, cover the pan, and continue to cook until egg whites are done but yolks are still runny, about 7 minutes. Top it with an egg for breakfast, or tote some on its own for a healthy office lunch. We’re celebrating today because – wait for it – this is my 100th BLOG POST!!!! Plus, these guys are durable and will last forever if you take good care of ’em. You got it. This Taco Breakfast Skillet is packed with veggies and protein for a healthy one-pan meal. and im also 100% down with this skillet! Thanks Mag! Try a new spin on your morning meal with this healthy breakfast skillet! Then, you make little hollowed-out spaces for your eggs to nestle in and ya bake the whole thing for 10 minutes. Don’t skip out on the gorgeous lemon-butter sauce. I make this breakfast skillet at least once a week. This recipe uses scalloped potatoes for a delicious grain-free crust, more reminiscent of hash browns except they’re part of the frittata. 17 of 34. And I’m currently only using natural light for my photos – so I set up a little table next to my window and turn the other lights in the house off! Thai red curry with sweet potato noodles I am 100% down with this Healthy Taco Skillet. I am all in. Yum! This skillet meal is quick to become a favorite. We’ll definitely dig into an omelette for dinner, and there’s no question about having curry or salads for breakfast. Get the recipe from Real Simple Good. What?!? Healthy Breakfast Skillet. 100 blog posts!? Just a few ingredients make a healthy breakfast that you’ll want to make time and time again. This dish can easily be made for any meal of the day. The taco skillet is so healthy but I would replace the meat with soya granules. Plus, it will yield delicious leftovers. Cooked in the skillet and ready to serve in a little more or less than 30 minutes, these are quick and delicious breakfast combos. Required fields are marked *. add onion and bell peppers to skillet and saute for 1 minute or until onions are translucent. Cook, stirring, until the spinach is just wilted. You can probably use this “trick” to get the kids pumped up about eating ’em, too! Bonus: includes recipe for mango salsa to top. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There's a new pos, Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins (Vegetarian). How did that happen! Stay tuned. Your email address will not be published.