I’ll work on it and see how it goes! 2 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips I didn’t have enough chocolate chips so mine tasted a little too salty… but overall so good! I’m thinking of trying it. i just made these with my kids and thought i should share my thoughts, in case others like myself are looking for that *perfect* recipe. These cookies are thick, soft, and just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth! Super yum-o! So I’m always experimenting with adding healthier ingredients to my favorite cookie recipes. First, if the butter is too soft, the cookies will flatten (it should be at room temperature but not overly soft and mushy). Awesome! And I love how many cookies it makes in one batch. My son and I loooove them!! Once again, Mel’s recipe is a success in my kitchen! Wonderfully chewy if you don’t overbake them. Thank you so much for a great recipe!!! These cookies look absolutely perfect! For the park, for the pool, for a trip, for a bad day, for a stubbed toe, a torn fingernail…you get the picture. Yummy!!! I let him have another one. Yes, I eat a cookie every single day. These are a little bit too delicious. Swedish yellow split pea soup—vegan and filling! As I said, love your recipes and blog, but it would be so so helpfull for us Europeans if you wrote measures also in grams (its really hard to find the measuring cups you use here) (The flavor is great either way.) Have you found a difference? Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days. Way too much butter for Florida–they came out looking like Florentine cookies! Have you ever used smoked chocolate chips with this recipe? A fresh and bright side dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine. The recipe made four dozen cookies and judging by the fact that their are only 7 cookies left and we only gave six away to a friend means that my little family basically ate three dozen cookies this afternoon. Thanks!! For more info head to my blog post about the benefits of collagen. i’ve added it to my baking bookmarks. Thanks for the great recipe! But half a bottle of wine later and a lot of yelling at the TV (hey, I am passionate about the issues) here I am the day after. Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! Make green chile chicken enchiladas healthy and delicious! Thanks for all your work! What am I doing wrong? Better yet, everyone I make these for are in love. I cut back on the sugar, Instead of 1 1/4, I used 3/4 for both sugars. But hey, with all that healthy oatmeal, ground almonds and whole wheat flour, we don’t need to feel too guilty…right. After School Snacks, Cookies/Bars/Brownies, Family Favorite Recipes, High Fiber Recipes, Only Pantry and/or Freezer Ingredients Almonds, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Healthy, Oatmeal, whole wheat 10 Comments. Category: Cookies Even my kids and husband loved them. Hi! Will definitely be making again. © 2008 - 2020 Two Peas & Their Pod. Stop what you are doing and pay attention! They are my new favorite cookie! Just kidding. These Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies made with coconut oil are amazing! Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. . Furthermore, can I use quaker oats instead of quick oats? Once smooth, stir in the oats and the chocolate chips. Melanie…the food wizard! Add flour, wheat germ, oats, and chocolate and mix just until the flour disappears. 1 ¼ cups brown sugar Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!! Basically, what I’m saying is that while I need to do some more testing, I think whole wheat flour is right around 4.5 ounces per cup (the way I measure/weigh) while all-purpose is 5 ounces. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. I just had to come back and comment again. I just 1/2’d this recipe and it turned out great. Our family’s favorite dill pickles! These turned out perfectly when I made them yesterday (needed 11 min. Thanks for another great recipe. I use a little less oats and chocolate chips than the recipe calls for and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking. This mac and cheese is gooey, spiced with Old Bay, and couldn’t be easier to make! oh…and that last salad you posted AWESOME. These are supper yummy, but a little on the flat side, as others have suggested. I’m going to have to make these for him…maybe tonight. A bit thin and flat, as others have mentioned. My first batch turned out flat (I think my butter was to soft) but I refrigerated the rest of the dough over night and the next day they turned out beautifully! And I used hard red wheat with great success! Baked on convection 325 for 14-15 minutes. Print Mix the dry mixture into the wet until blended well. Mix together butter, honey, applesauce and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or with an electric mixer. I CANNOT wait to try these! Happy Hump Day! SIGN UP FOR MY FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER AND NEVER MISS ANOTHER DELICIOUS FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPE, 1 cup whole wheat flour, I used white wheat flour, ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (you can omit this and have a flatter cookie, it will still taste great), 2 cups chocolate chips, we like semi-sweet, Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray, set aside. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. 4 dozen Some extra all-purpose flour or using quick oats (or leaving out the milk) might have helped. I’ve had 2 cookies for breakfast for the past two days, and down about 4-5 per day :/ Do you think I could completely substitute whole wheat for the white wheat with good results? I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! I cut the sugars back to one cup each and subbed half the butter with plain yogurt. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. © Copyright 2006-2020, The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress. No yeast donuts at home—a quarantine trick! the dough for a bit, that helps a bit, but what else?Any input would be great!!! This Sweet Potato Salad with avocado, tomato, onion, lime and cilantro is SO easy to make and is guaranteed to be a huge hit in any group! But I’m sure it will have fantastic taste! (has my son would have said 10 years ago) I’m reliving my ‘baby days’ today. During January, I didn’t post any sweets because I was trying to be kind to the New Year’s resolution goers. Join Our Our Happy Cooking Community! Stephanie – your adaptations to the cookie recipe sound fantastic!! But I have both red and white wheat cans so good to know. I only keep KAF whole wheat flour in my pantry. We made some changes to what we found in the pantry and used a combo of regular and green raisins and at the last minute we couldn’t find any vanilla extract so we subbed some almond extract we found in there. 10 minutes Benefits of oats include lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, protection against skin irritation and reduced constipation. *sigh*. Whole wheat pastry flour is good when you want more tenderness like in muffins, pancakes, biscuits, pancakes. You NEED to try these cookies, like today, like right now! Thanks, mia (such a cute mispronunciation from your son)! Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies-you will never guess these cookies are on the healthier side! My next experiment will be to see if I can create a hybrid between this recipe and my all-time favorite choco chip recipe that contains vanilla pudding (do the sisters know about this one?).