4 unexpected ways to tackle colds and flu. Not getting enough sleep lowers your immune function. if(typeof(dataLayer) === 'object'){ To find local independent stores in your area that sell Echinaforce Hot Drink, just type your postcode below. Your email address will not be published. We’ve got two recipes that you’ll want to brew today! Read more >, Flu, or influenza, is a specific infection of the upper respiratory tract caused by a group of ... This is tasty and refreshing, plus it contains vitamins A and C, the benefits of which I’ll discuss a little later. Berries are yet another immune-boosting ingredient because they contain antioxidants and vitamin C. Although you can snack on berries throughout the day, a berry smoothie is a great way to reap all the benefits of berries as you can mix up a few different varieties to create one healthy and tasty drink. While this might be the simplest of all warm drink options, it’s a tried and true classic. Heat the water in a saucepan until boiling, then add the thyme. As well as Echinacea though, our Echinaforce Hot Drink contains extracts of black elderberry meaning it has a pleasant, soothing taste. Chicken soup is good for the soul and for fighting cold viruses. dataLayer.push({'eventCategory': 'leadbox', 'eventAction':'show', 'eventLabel':'Honey Lead Magnet', 'nonInteraction':'Yes'}); Looking for a solution to help fight off symptoms such as aching limbs and headaches when you are struck down by the cold or flu? However, the antioxidants in carrots have a special supportive role when it comes to the health of your immune function, aiding it in its fight against viruses and allergies. Health Two Cents - Proudly Powered by WordPress. A study has found that turmeric milk can also improve cognitive function. Find out in this post the top hot drinks to boost your immunity. If you liked that article, you'll absolutely LOVE our daily newsletter -- with more recipes, workouts, and tips and tricks to be the healthiest version of yourself. return !isError; Your email address will not be published. Stir the honey into the water and drink immediately. Diet and the immune system 8 drinks to boost the immune system Can garlic help the immune system? for (var i = 0; i < els.length; i++) Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants and can fight a cough. Remove from heat and discard the ginger root. Green tea (and matcha) is antiviral and packed with antioxidants. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You’ll receive 8 tips, 1 each day by email, each on a different topic, from tackling your symptoms to which foods to eat and which herbal remedies can help. Warm the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat. (14) While these are popular for being used in chicken dishes, shepherd’s pie, and more, it can also be brewed as a tea, which is a perfect remedy for sickness or when you feel a cold coming on. // <) not found. Orange and tomato juice are also great for the immune system because of their rich vitamin C content. Lycopene gives watermelon (and tomatoes) their bright red colour but it is also a powerful antioxidant meaning it supports the immune system and therefore helps prevent illness. Of course, some people recover sooner than others, ... Whisk in the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. { Lemons are a natural diuretic. if (els[i].className == 'text' || els[i].className == 'date' || els[i].className == 'number') (, Collagen is a protein found throughout our bodies and helps to reduce inflammation and support gut health.