NOTE: If your remote does not have one of these buttons, the settings are available in the menu of the TV. How to adjust picture settings on a Sony TV ... to your Sony smart TV How to set up screen mirroring to your Sony ... settings — allows you to adjust the display aspect ratio and size. I tested it with my TV and it works just fine. Best of all, you don't even need a remote to operate the television. Press the Menu key on your VIZIO remote. To correct this, you can change the Aspect Ratio settings on your TV. You can do it all from your phone. Access the Screen settings the same way you did when selecting the automatic modes, but select the Wide Mode option. Vizio Smart TVs are affordable, entry-level options into the smart TV market. I have a Samsung TV and this is how you access the menu without the remote. I cannot get the picture ratio to change when watching certain Dvds.This doesnt happen for sky as i can change through the sky menu. Here's how using the Vizio smart TV remote … Once the picture size is set, you won't need to change it again (for the same TV). See Changing the picture size of SD programming on your HDTV. After this, if you're watching a standard definition (SD) program on an HDTV and you want change how it looks on your screen, use the right arrow to launch Viewing Options Menu and use the TV Zoom feature. For specific instructions, we recommend checking your TV's User Manual. [A]: example of a button on the remote. Many of the TVs also have 4K resolution with UHD and HDR capabilities. Use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight System, and press the OK key. *The steps to adjust the Aspect Ratio or Wide settings may differ depending on your model. Press the button on your remote control repeatedly to change the wide mode. Anyway, I need to adjust picture format, and the manual says to do so by clicking "format" on the original remote. 3. My LCD Tv no longers works with the remote control or even the sky remote.I emailed bush/goodmans who where as helpful as a chocolate teapot. I have no such function on my programmable, and strangely, the on screen menu using the TV buttons is quite basic and does not include a function to change format.