It is a good idea to sew each half of the tape using two parallel seams 1/4 inch apart. On the fourth side pin along the top but leave the bottom open. And it makes a nice, detailed joint where 2 boards meet. Waddell  9"L x 2.125"Dia. I already had the mattress cover that I purchased at Pottery Barn and spent waaaaay too much $ on (it was around $100) - If I hadn't already done that I would have made a slipcover for the mattress as well. If you are okay with the corners the way they are, then you are good. Are the bed frames attached to anything? Estimates are for 54" fabric with no visible repeats. Get more photo about home decor related with by looking at photos gallery at the bottom of this … i need a mattress cover for a full matress do you make that, The day I decided to turn my girls TV room (which was built to use later as an unfinished walk-in closet) into their "office", I also decided to ditch their cute iron daybed and build my own. 27″ x 42″ piece of 1/2″ or 3/4″ Plywood or MDF backing – Side Note: I used thinner plywood in the video to use up some scrap from. Luckily for me I knew just where to turn. Or dog bed. Place your side fabric facing the mattress with the short end centred at one corner of the mattress. So, what I did is to build a box to go around the box springs and that is the bed frame. Here’s how. Next lay out the fabric flat wrong side up, and then lay the batting on top. Each square should be 1 square foot. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. I'm looking at making Grace's toddler bed to a twin. (You can see how I clamped the legs in the build video.). Sew your seams together at your pins. Next step is to do your headboard. Pulling it tight enough to avoid wrinkles, but not so tight that you get lumps in the edges. I’m going to copy this for our queen sized bed. I designed mine for my big boys’ bedroom makeover. (All … Honestly, I thought I was going to blast this off by myself. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published, This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Place your side fabric facing the mattress with the short end centred at one corner of the mattress. Wow, That turned out just great. % of people told us that this article helped them. There is enough for all 3 sides. So, I decided to add foam. If you are interested in the headboard post click here. You will not need to cover the back piece of wood, as it will be against the wall. Yardages are approximate only. I love it. Position the top fabric face side down on top of the mattress. Your email address will not be published. Do two rows of stitching. After it looks perfect, just screw the plywood onto the bed frame. I bought the queen size then split it with a professional foam saw. After both legs are assembled, use 2 Kreg Jig pocket holes and glue on each end of the rails to attach the legs together. Sew sections of fabric together, as required, to achieve these measurements. I pre-drilled the boards as they are not that thick, and I didn’t want to risk splitting. I love how easy it is to use and so reliable! Slide your mattress inside the cover and close the cover by pressing the hook and loop tape together. I may need to copy you! An easy way to streamline a room's look is to cover your box spring. Use with pallet couch. For me this was 4.25” so I used a 2″x4″ on it’s side edge (3.5”) and a leftover piece of the 1″x 10″ (.75″) to total 4.25” I just did up 2 of these to support the box springs, and of course us!! 3/4″ high chair molding to decorate the front, Wood Glue, Wood Filler (I like this one), 120-grit Sandpaper, 220-grit Sandpaper. I already had it in my stash so it didn't cost me anything, I would suggest purchasing it with a coupon, the 90" width 5 yards should do it.... 24.95 without a coupon. But, with these easy to follow DIY Upholstered Twin Headboard steps, you can make the perfect, custom headboard for any room. Upholster a twin mattress to use as a cushion by wrapping it in fabric like a present and then pinning. Then just staple them into place, on the inside of the frame while pulling them tightly so that they are smooth with no creases. popped over from pink and polka dot. The gang from Friends couldn't pivot it enough to make it fit :/ So, it's time to make furniture that will fit. It looks great!You even gave us all a great step by step of how you did it all. I wanted that extra wide, chunky look. Sew across the base of the triangle the distance equal to the thickness of the mattress. If using a staple gun for this step, practice safety measures by wearing protective eyewear and avoid pointing the gun towards yourself or anyone else. Once you wrap these around the corners, staple them to the top and the bottom of the box spring. This is amazing! Anything works when you’re the designer.