The heat of the cooking process causes the liquid to evaporate, making the mixture thicker and intensifying the flavor. The word teriyaki combines two Japanese words: teri, meaning luster, and yaki, meaning grill or broil. And if you make this, leave me that five-star rating below – tag me with #julieseatsandtreats too! Our best tips & recipes to perfectly sublime smoothies! Marinate beef, pork, and lamb for 4 to 24 hours. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. It was fabulous. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231952/teriyaki-marinade-and-sauce Ingredients. I’m so happy you liked it! 1 cup water. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok. It was created based on our famous healthy teriyaki sauce, but as a marinade instead! This Teriyaki Chicken recipe will quickly become a new favorite! You can also thicken teriyaki sauce (or any other sauce) simply by increasing the cooking time. Your frozen teriyaki chicken will last up to 3 months in the freezer. And yet it tastes just as good! You can purchase bottled teriyaki sauce at nearly any grocery store or online. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. Write “Teriyaki Chicken” on the front of the bag along with the date. Marinated them for 7-8 hours in the fridge. 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger Add all ingredients to shopping list. The only question is what are you going to put in this marinade first? Labor-Saving: Pre-blended and balanced; use it as is or as a base for signature sauces. Enjoy! Then simmered a minute or two to thicken and remove the corn starch taste. It's best known for its combination with grilled chicken, but it also works in the oven or broiler, in a skillet on the stovetop, in a slow cooker, and in a wok for stir-frying. No marinade required. She founded Patty Pan Cooperative, Seattle's oldest farmers market concession, and teaches regular cooking classes. Teriyaki Chicken Marinade recipe calls for pantry ingredients so whip it up today and pick your favorite meat to throw in there! Teriyaki Grilled Chicken and Veggie Rice Bowls. when cooled i marinated my chicken and it turned out wonderful. Pour sauce into the skillet once the chicken is just nearly finished cooking through and let the sauce cook and simmer until thickened. Season sauce as desired. 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Loved this marinade - used it on chicken drumsticks and then put it on the grill. Marinade – Add to your meat of choice and let the marinade do the work! Less traditional teriyaki recipes often include flavors such as garlic, ginger, citrus, and sesame. Thank you Jaclyn! This teriyaki chicken marinade will leave your chicken tender and flavorful. I have also used splenda and it works fine! It's also OK to apply teriyaki sauce to chicken, fish, or vegetables before you bake a dish because the sustained lower heat works to caramelize the sauce. Add chicken and let cook (giving space between pieces) until slightly browned on bottom then flip chicken pieces over and cook through. You’ll never use another store-bought marinade again! Be sure and take a moment below to comment and tell me what your favorite meat is to marinade with this! This marinade was ok. In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Place chicken breast into a glass container or gallon-size bag. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Remove as much air as possible and then seal. I’ve shared other teriyaki chicken recipes like my Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Bowl but this hands down beats the prep and cook time on any other teriyaki chicken I’ve tried. Teriyaki Marinade is the perfect recipe to use to flavor your chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops, pork tenderloins, steak and more! Jump to the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe or read on the see our tips for making it. Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. Freeze up to 3 months. Devra Gartenstein is a self-taught professional cook who has authored two cookbooks: "The Accidental Vegan", and "Local Bounty: Seasonal Vegan Recipes". While some people use corn starch to thicken up their marinade, you can use brown sugar as well. This was good, but could use a little tweaking. Think pork, beef, or even vegetables. Chicken breasts: use boneless skinless. Bake at 375ºF for around 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. i added a few teaspoons of cornstarch and cooked until thick and bubbly (just a few minutes) to make it more of a sauce consistency. Other Cuts of Meat – use this marinade to flavor other cuts of meat such as beef, pork, or even fish! This post may contain affiliate links. This tastes just like your favorite Asian take-out but you can have this ready faster than the time it would take to go pick up take-out! In this one pan recipe, bite size chicken breasts pieces are sautéed in a skillet then coated with an easy and delicious teriyaki sauce. very yummy. I used half a teaspoon of ginger powder because I had no fresh ginger, but it still came out amazing! While the marinade smelled good and made a nice coating on the meat when grilled I didn't feel the meat had soaked up much of the flavor. Teri = glaze and Yaki = to grill. A tablespoon delivers about 16 calories and tiny amounts of protein, iron, potassium, and magnesium. Baking marinated teriyaki chicken breast is super simple. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Bake at 375ºF for around 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Cornstarch. At last... a replacement for those expensive store-bought sauces! Add protein of choice and marinade for at least 2 hours. That way you can see if the flavor is there or not and if you’re needing to alter any of the added ingredients or elements. Teriyaki Marinade is the perfect recipe to use to flavor your chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops, pork tenderloins, steak and more! Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to! Salad Dressing – whip up a batch of this marinade and use it on a salad instead! 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. It makes a lot so I only used a small amount of the (unthickened) sauce to marinate chicken then added the rest (with cornstarch mixed in) to the stir fry just before it was done. Like other reviewers I thickened with corn starch. Make sure to marinate your chicken in the fridge and not on the countertop to prevent foodborne illness. If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. Nutrition information is for 1 lb. The easiest way is to just take a spoon and dip it right into the mixing bowl after you get done whisking it. Check out how to bake chicken breast perfectly every time and get 6 delicious flavor variations!