I use cider exclusively in place of water, but I do that with everything like this. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I put 2 tbsp of batter as others have suggested with 1-2 oz spiced rum topped with cool whip. Put mixture in ice cream maker. TIP: Ice cream recipes often don't specify what size churning container to use. Even in the best ice-cream maker, only half the water will be frozen at this point. Sometimes it leads to over-churning, which creates an oily mouthfeel as some of the cream … Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sometimes it leads to over-churning, which creates an oily mouthfeel as some of the cream turns into butter. The hit of Christmas Eve. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. An addicting dessert in a mug. Used Captain Morgans spiced rum. This recipe is for a 5 quart ice cream maker. In a small pot, simmer heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt until sugar completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Overall it's just not that good for the calories you're consuming while drinking it. Triple Scoop Ice Cream Mix, Premium Vanilla, starter for use with home ice cream maker, non-gmo, no artificial colors or flavors, ready in under 30 mins, makes 2 qts (1 15oz box) 4.4 out of 5 stars 343. This is THE batter to use for absolutely delicious and buttery Hot Buttered Rums! Make this as you would a pudding from scratch either on the stove or in the microwave. The ice cream base is where it all begins. I use cider exclusively in place of water, but I do that with everything like this. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Don't rate the recipe at ALL unless you FOLLOW it; that's just not fair. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. oz./250 ml) of the cream, and the sugar to the saucepan with the vanilla bean. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. Be careful to watch that it doesn't burn in the pan (stir often) or overcook in the microwave (the consistency falls apart). So disappointing. Thanks Sheri. Stir, and sprinkle top of drink with nutmeg. In a coffee mug, measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 fluid ounce of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Make the whole recipe. An excellent recipe but you may want to cut it in half. I followed the instructions to the letter but it just doesn't taste that great. Simply blend it with milk and heavy whipping cream. You can take two days for a recipe as a professional does, or whisk together a mix and be scooping in 20 minutes, or … You can keep this in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make this as you would a pudding from scratch either on the stove or in the microwave. Add the milk, 1 cup (8 fl. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add double batter rum and spices. Be careful to watch that it doesn't burn in the pan (stir often) or overcook in the microwave (the consistency falls apart). 78 calories; protein 0.2g; carbohydrates 10.3g 3% DV; fat 4.3g 7% DV; cholesterol 12.1mg 4% DV; sodium 31.7mg 1% DV. She gave me a tub of it and my roommate ate it all with a spoon like ice cream! Whisk together the egg yolks, … Step 6: Hardening. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. If you change everything in the recipe (amounts, ingredients, cooking time) and then ultimately you don't like the end result, don't come back and rate the recipe a "three". Information is not currently available for this nutrient. An excellent This was the first time I have ever had anything like this so I wasn't sure what to expect. P.S. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It was a hit on Christmas day and will definetly make it again :). Oh so yummy. Sooooo delicious. It is so darn good we even warmed it in the microwave and poured it over vanilla ice cream as a sauce yummy! This recipe is for a 5 quart ice cream maker. This is very rich and creamy... definitely the best I've tried! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. P.S. Cool mixture to room temperature. I ce cream is a balancing act of fat, sugar, water, and air. THE RECIPE. Wrong move. Don't rate the recipe at ALL unless you FOLLOW it; that's just not fair. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this recipe. You saved Hot Buttered Rum Batter to your. If you change everything in the recipe (amounts, ingredients, cooking time) and then ultimately you don't like the end result, don't come back and rate the recipe a "three". When we were young we got to have it in coffee as a treat. Whether you’re new to making homemade ice cream or you’re a seasoned pro, it’s important you know this — there isn’t one single way to whip up this sweet treat. Added whipped cream sprinked w/ cinnamon. 95 ($1.04/Ounce) $1.00 coupon applied at checkout Save $1.00 with coupon. I gave batter away to two different friends and still had tons left over. Simply delicious! Mixing takes only a minute or two, and once you pop the blend in the freezer, you’ll have your very own batch within a few hours. Not the kind of drink I drink all night its very rich but what a treat! Don't rate the recipe at ALL unless you FOLLOW it; that's just not fair.