Hi Michelle, I haven’t experimented with that but one of my readers did share her experience and said self rising flour was not good for scones. The scones will rise more and become much fluffier. . Flour a 3-inch round plain or fluted cutter and cut circles of dough. I’d suggest trying lemon juice in the glaze because blueberries and lemon work well together. Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and use a spatula to stir just until moistened. I just made them and Omg the BEST scone recipe I have come across… I will only be using this one and modifying it for different things…. ok thanks i will wait til i get ap flour then i will try it. Thanks for the awesome review . Thanks for sharing your great review! if you use light cream. Hi Lana, I haven’t tried it with that substitute personally but 2 of my readers have said that they used regular milk and the recipe still worked well. I will also try the same recipe with feta cheese and dill. Toss in 3/4 cup dried cranberries and stir gently to combine. Can I freeze them after they are baked to serve later? I only added a little bit more sugar (1/2 cup) and cut the dough in 6 pieces. perfect! Did you add them frozen? Perfect for these light and wonderful scones =), Thanks Shelby! Freeze them, covered, and just let them sit out for a few minutes for a more even bake. These are the perfect scones to a Saturday/Sunday coffee! I would like to make this recipe also but, as I am European is difficult to understand correctly the measurement for the ingredients. With 1/2 cup the dough was too dry. If you experiment, I would love to know how it works out . Hi Ellen, I haven’t tried fresh cranberries but I have seen some recipes online using fresh. I also had to add more cream to prevent dryness. Maybe someone else has tried freezing them unbaked – if so, please share your insights! You’re welcome Catarina! Comes out great, and I mix it lemon sometimes as well a limes. I’ve never seen a scone recipe with eggs or sugar in it – is this an American thing? Add butter pieces and using a pastry cutter (or 2 knives), cut butter into mixture until you have coarse pea-sized crumbs. You’re welcome Tanya! Scones are typically flour, baking powder, butter (rubbed in) and milk. If you experiment, let me know how it goes , Hey Natasha, I love Cranberry Orange Scones. Thanks for the great addition to my recipe box! . To my surprise, they turned out so good! Hi Esther, it really depends on how sweet you like your scones since chocolate chips will add sweetness. And the smell…. Hi Natasha I was wondering if I could add strawberrys and rhubarb. I made them with milk cause I didn’t have heavy cream but they are still so so so soooooooo good ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P thank you for an amazing recipe. I wanted to make scones for our “high tea” and found this recipe. Thank you for the wonderful review, Ilona! I also enjoy golden raisin and orange zest. Can the scones be frozen and glazed when thawed? 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream + 1 Tbsp to brush the top Love Thank you so much for pinning and sharing! I have eaten a lot of scones in my life but never made them myself. Thanks for sharing your excellent review Francis! what I really like about this recipe its only takes half an hour to make it. I’m so glad you loved the cranberry orange scones. I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Scones are slightly more cake like in consistency and typically have some sugar in them as biscuits usually do not. Also I’ve used butter straight out of freezer, didn’t had any in the fridge at the moment. . They were brown and very dense as if they were raw. What is the recipe for lemon glaze? Wow chocolatey scones sound fabulous! Best scones I ever ate! Keep moving the dough on the floured board so it doesn't stick. I made them with chopped fresh cranberries. 1 cup heavy whipped cream = 1/2 cup sour cream + 1/2 cup whole milk…. Love your recipes. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and knead it into a ball. Wish me luck, Scones were amazing thanks for the recipe.keep up the great work❤️. They were delicious! My pleasure Michelle, please let me know how it turns out! Thank you so much for the amazing review!! The first time I made these they turned out a little hard to mix together so next time I added less flour and had a much easier time “pulling it all together.” Also, my family wasn’t a huge fan of the orange-flavored drizzle so made it with milk the second time. For mine I added some more orange zest (1.5 T) and used 1 C of fresh (frozen) cranberries, cut in half. Just want to share few tips from my previous experience. The texture is so spot on and the flavor is incredible. My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. Hi Natasha! It wasn’t too sweet, and it’s perfect for the times when guests come unexpectedly and you don’t have anything sweet for tea, I’m so happy to hear that! Thanks for the awesome review, Virginia! I use Trader Joes orange flavored dried cranberries. Put cold butter into food processor and it will process into small beats – which is good. I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe! You’re welcome Anna! Thank you for the wonderful compliment and for sharing your awesome review Anya! Kids just had these as a snack before bedtime with a glass of milk. Also, try just a pinch of cinnamon in the scones because cinnamon and blueberries love each other. I kindly ask if it’s possible to add also metric measurements (for example it’s difficult for me to measure 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, it makes me wonder: which cup is the appropriate one, should I buy the same kitchen tools as you have – they are not available here and more other questions ). Its great to know that these work well with milk! It was fabulous tasting. I have a couple plain scone recipes that I added ingredients to to make cranberry orange scones (zest and orange juice). My hubby isn’t into raisins or cranberries. Thank you for this! Hi Natasha, I want to make these today but I have fresh cream. In a large bowl, stir together 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 Tbsp grated orange zest. If you have a facebook account, you could upload it to my facebook page: facebook.com/natashaskitchenpage. The recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon of baking powder -did you use 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp? Brush the tops of the scones with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are fully baked. Let me know how it goes! Best scones I ever ate. Hi Natasha, That’s the one! I’m not a fan of cranberries so I doubled the quantity and added mini choc chips instead. What I did I only added cranberries. Read my disclosure policy. Bake 15-17 min until golden (mine took 16 min). Great recipe! , I’m glad you found the answer and hope you love the recipe! Welcome to my kitchen! Thank you for the awesome review and for taking a moment to share that beautiful scene of your kiddos enjoying the scones. Thank you – this was my first scone recipe! I have made scone recipes with gluten free all purpose flour. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Omg! You can use about 1 cup of fresh blueberries instead. I found that these were not sweet enough. But found out my son is allergic to milk. If you experiment, I would love to know how it works out . I’m so happy to hear that, Janice!! I did add a little more baking powder, maybe 1/2 or 3/4 tsp . Literally just made this! Now that autumn is literally “in the air” I’ve started making these Cranberry Orange Scones again – they’re sweet and buttery and everyone will rave! Would the same thing happen in scones? I have been using sour cream I just add a little bit more then half cup. Hi Raluca, most of our recipes have the metric conversion option on the printable recipe card. Make a well in the center and set aside. Just completed my ‘R&D” test run for my upcoming Catering event…can hardly wait to unleash these on the guests. Scones are the quickest, most enjoyable thing to bake fast for breakfast. , Thanks for the recipe! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed this recipe, Tami! First time making scones and these are by far the best I’ve ever had!!!