However, while the water from cooking rice is safe to consume, bean water is best avoided. Every week, we do at least one pot of beans, to provide the staple ingredient (beans) for many meals for the family. Sometimes other types of legumes like faba beans are included in the definition as well. One note: The liquid in all canned beans is a mixture of water, salt, and the starch released from the beans themselves. However, as far as bean cooking water is concerned, I have not found any credible source or cause for concern *provided* that the beans and the cooking liquid are cooked over 200 … The salt acts as a preservative to keep the beans … In essence, it is the bean water from canned or cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans). If you cook the beans in the soaking water then you are not getting rid of these indigestable oligosaccharides (which are a type of carbohydrate). Soaking beans results in various types of carbohydrates entering the water. Yes, bean water is how I refer to the leftover liquid after I’ve cooked beans in my slow cooker or pressure cooker. One source is Beano. Technically speaking, aquafaba is similar to rice water, which has many health benefits. Dried beans, bought in bulk, are among the cheapest and most nutritious foods we can buy. These substances can't be digested by humans - unless you supplement with the enzyme.