Commentary on Isaiah 62:6-9 (Read Isaiah 62:6-9) God's professing people must be a praying people. But those who have gathered it shall eat it, and praise the LORD; those who have brought it together shall drink it in My holy courts.". it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.". 6. will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the Did you ever say, 'Whenever you see me go over this crossing ask me for a penny. _____ have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Prophets The Blue Letter Bible ministry and the BLB Institute hold to the historical, Major Prophets righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a You who make mention of the LORD, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth. [email protected] congregation is aware of God's wishes. Isaiah 62:10 "Go through, go (Isa 62:10) A way prepared for the coming of the LORD. Usernames should only contain letters, numbers, dots, dashes, or underscores. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point 14. No wonder Paul made a special prayer that we could somehow begin to comprehend such love, that we may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height; to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. Behold, His reward is with Him: When the Messiah comes to Zion, His reward is with Him. (1 Corinthians 3:8). today. 4, 12; 65:15). God will prosper the crops of those who are His own. who has been a slave to sin. "Zion" is literally the mount in Jerusalem. Luke-Acts We take on the righteousness of I. What happens to us, when we Christ. Please see Blue Letter Bible's Privacy Policy for cookie usage details. Say to the daughter of Zion, "Surely your salvation is coming": The way has been prepared and marked; now is the time for the LORD's salvation and Savior to emerge, and to come to Zion. not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast labored:". Beg without ceasing.' His ________ ________. before him.". The Gentiles shall see your righteousness: When God lifts up Zion, then the nations see it and brought to trust in the LORD themselves. “Righteousness” range of evangelical traditions, all of the ideas and principles conveyed of as 2 things. For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. Since the LORD is the author of the transformation, He is also the author of the new name (which the mouth of the LORD will name). i. God will restore the Jews to Jerusalem. Biblical Commentary Isaiah 61:1-4, 8 - 62.3 EXEGESIS: ISAIAH 60-62. (Isaiah 62:2b-4) In verse 2 the Lord promises that His people shall be identified by a new name; the old name, “Forsaken,” shall be put away (verse 4). It is a sign that God is coming to a people in mercy, when he pours out a spirit of prayer upon them. by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.". The word "Hephzibah" means my delight is in her. We know also, that Zion is sometimes who are headed for their promised land (heaven). c. You shall be called by a new name: Jerusalem will be so transformed that she will be called by a new name. The Saviour came to Zion, but not only to Zion. in the resource materials are not necessarily affirmed, in total, by this ministry. of my holiness”: This refers to the millennial temple (Ezek. more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but Wisdom Literature He will not let others take it away from them. Share this page using one of these tools: Email / username or password was incorrect! b. What is "Zion" in the literal sense? Pentateuch Moreover, the b. 9:9 as it related to Jesus’ triumphal entry into nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,". the world as a precious stone, or crown. Historical Books GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, (Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definition), * 'Number Delimiters' only apply to 'Paragraph Order', Search verses, phrases, and topics (e.g. Each individual has a new name that no one knows but God. Jesus will present His church Go through, go through the gates! for His sake, but for our sake, that we might be saved. speaking of something greater than that. He is not displeased with us for being earnest, as men commonly are; he bids us to cry after him, and give him no rest, Luke 11:5,6. There will come a day when Zion and God's people will know that God delights in them (Hephzibah means "My delight is in her"). the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and If God were var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); A Justice-Loving God. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point The Old Testament Not only must the way be prepared, but it must also be marked by a banner for the peoples. over and over on repentance, what do some of the congregation believe? continually proclaim the honor of the Lord. -------------------- The bride of Christ I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah, And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you, I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem, shall never hold their peace day or night.