When Peter stood and spoke at Pentecost, he clearly spoke in a manner of anticipating that Christ would be returning in his lifetime to establish the Kingdom. His message was the good news of the Kingdom of God. In Mark’s Gospel, after being baptized by John and tempted by Satan in the … —Based on the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. With early Christianity I’m referring to Valentinianism and Origen: Theodotus: “But it is not only the washing that is liberating, but the knowledge of/who we were, and what we have become, where we were or where we were placed, whither we hasten, from what we are redeemed, what birth is and what rebirth.” (Excerpta ex Theodoto), Origen: “we are of opinion that, seeing the soul, as we have frequently said, is immortal and eternal, it is possible that, in the many and endless periods of duration in the immeasurable and different worlds, it may descend from the highest good to the lowest evil, or be restored from the lowest evil to the highest good.”   (De Principiis III), Origen: “this result must be understood as being brought about, not suddenly, but slowly and gradually, seeing that the process of amendment and correction will take place imperceptibly in the individual instances during the lapse of countless and unmeasured ages, some outstripping others, and tending by a swifter course towards perfection, while others again follow close at hand, and some again a long way behind; and thus, through the numerous and uncounted orders of progressive beings”, http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/04123.htm, With Judaism I referring to sources saying that…, “the traditional Jewish belief [is] that every Jewish soul in history was present at Sinai and agreed to the covenant with G-d”. The Kingdom of God is mentioned more than 80 times in the New Testament. Describing the marvelous future that awaits subjects of God’s Kingdom, Jesus foretold through the apostle John: “Look! Jesus often compared the kingdom of God to a seed planted in the hearts of men and women. Which makes sense to me. My understanding is the Greek /euangelion/ refers to an imperial proclamation, often announcing a tax holiday. So how will you endure? You see here that right from the very start He wasn’t talking about a heavenly existence after death. >Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and ,. What is the Kingdom of God? “An introduction Why do you think Jesus would want people to be more like children than adults? Out of curiosity, why do you think that? The showing of the world to itself is the mission of the Paraclete when she comes.” (Stevick 2011, 250), Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'nAmana Corporation, 1989, “I believe Easter Sunday 2019 would be worthy of the Devi's explanation of Consciousness.”, “The original meaning of the word ‘apocalypse’, derived from the Greek, “The teaching of the Paraclete, as the continuation of Jesus' teaching, must also be understood as the fulfillment of the promise of eschatological divine instruction.”, (Another guest also experienced the Cool Breeze [. He taught that you won’t go to live in heaven when you die, but instead that you will be resurrected in the future and that heaven is coming to earth. This is a very relevant word for many present-day leaders of Christian denominations to whom the significance of this ministry of deliverance is hidden, just as Jesus said it would be from the'wise and prudent'. If Jesus actually said, “Repent and believe the good news,” he didn’t say it in Greek, but Aramaic. While the Advocate is teacher and guide to Jesus' people, she turns to the unbelieving world a face of severity. The things of the Kingdom are often missed by theologians with doctorate degrees, while 'unschooled and ignorant' men, women, and even children not only know them, but also effectively apply them. It is a matter of record that many, if not most, of the healings done by Jesus were done for those who were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38). Jesus indicated that the Kingdom would do away with the greatest injustice by sanctifying, or making holy, the name of Jehovah God and clearing it of all the reproach that Satan has heaped upon it since the rebellion in Eden. 4. Jesus went on to explain the parable of the sower: “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. We are called to seek God when things are going well, as well as in times of trial. If you’re to understand the point of Jesus’ teaching, His message and His mission, you need to be sure you understand the gospel—the good news—that Jesus Himself actually proclaimed. These are exactly the things that people in the world long for. Is the word\s used for the term ‘good news’ in Mark 1:15 the same as that used in Mark 14:9? Are you sick and tired of the evil world we live in? The kingdom of God is not going to appear immediately, and yet repeatedly, Jesus says, “The kingdom is at hand. A great voice (breaking of the sound barrier) came from the sky. When Philip the evangelist preached Christ in Samaria,' there was great joy in the city' (Acts 8:8). I think I’ll add the question to my mailbag. What it looks like happened, to me at least, is that this Son of Man angel became conflated with the Messiah at some point between the Maccabean revolt and the 1st century, so that by the time Jesus is talking about the Son of Man coming, many Jews assumed he was talking about the Messiah. The reality is that the church has been subjected to a demonic invasion which has robbed it of most of the blessings of the Kingdom. (Matthew 4:23,24). This is precisely why Jesus says to the Pharisees, “The kingdom of God is in the midst of you” (Luke 17:21). Jesus called Men to preach the kingdom Thanx. having no animal features), and in Hebrew one way to say “human being” is Ben-Adam (Bar-Enash in Aramaic), literally “a son of Adam” or “a son of a man”. If so (and if it is not an interpolation?) Christians believe that the Kingdom of God is not a physical place on earth – you cannot draw a map of it or visit it for holidays. What was He saying, then? (2 Samuel 7:12-14; Daniel 7:13, 14; Matthew 26:63, 64) Recall that Jesus openly declared himself to be the foretold Messiah. If you’re willing to repent and believe and live under God’s rule now as He commands, He extends to you the opportunity to live forever sharing in His immortal glory! There will be no more crooked rule, no more fraudulent systems of men. But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. To accomplish that, the Kingdom will effect dramatic changes on this earth. Jesus said that the final events leading up to His return “will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth” (Luke 21:35 Luke 21:35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.American King James Version×). You agreed with another poster’s saying, “I have the impression that Jesus was talking about only Jews in his New Kingdom, from his statement about the Prophets and his apostles ruling over the 12 tribes.”, So you think Jesus *didn’t* expect the Kingdom to include non-Jews? John baptized so it seems to make sense that Jesus would expect his followers to be baptized and that he would even do some of the baptisms. Copyright © 2020 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. The Kingdom is the means by which God’s purpose for the earth is carried out. If so, it seems he got his prediction over the timings all wrong, because he did not return in the lifetimes of his disciples. Take His message to heart and “believe the gospel.” Be dedicated and make the choice to be fully committed.