So upon first glance of these products, you can clearly see that they are quite small. If you feel the same, then by all means, give this ingredient a miss, and enjoy a few things. When people hear about the keto diet or a low-carb diet, giving up bread is the first thing that they think about and to some, that may come as a shock. Now usually you wouldn’t look for fat content with a product like this, but with Keto, the more fat, the better in some cases. I had to get my hands on this popular bread and try it out for myself. I guess that we can leave to the imagination. Find out about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. I mean, super soft. I was surprised to find it at my local (small town Aldi’s), I have seen many people unable to find it at their Aldi’s (possibly not stocked or sold out). “Now I am by no means a bread or carb hater, rather I have always recommended nutritionally rich, carb-controlled breads such as Burgen Soy Lin or Helga’s Lower Carb breads that combine a reduced carbohydrate load with all the wholegrain and fibre benefits found in a dense-grain bread,” Burrell said in an interview with news.com.au. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. One could argue it’s more of a vessel for your sandwich innards, but before Keto I used to eat a ton of bread so flavor is a bit important to me. Here's a nutritional comparison between ALDI's bread and a generic health supermarket variety. This easy banana bread recipe is packed with protein and will be a new baking favourite in your household. There are lots of recipes that make great Keto friendly bread options such as cloud bread, microwave keto bread, and the famous chaffle. You do you. My first impression just holding the loaf is that I could smell the bread through the bag, and it smells like actual wheat bread. Aldi may not have all the fancy new keto bars and cereal, but they do have a few tasty products that can fit into your low-carb diet. Here’s a nutritional comparison between ALDI’s bread and a generic health supermarket variety.

The main first difference that I noticed is that it does seem a lot more dense then the other, and that may be because of the seeds baked within the bread. As for taste? “This unique profile has been achieved by blending wheat, soy and lupin proteins which gives the mouthfeel of bread, minus the heavy load of wheat flour found in regular bread. From air fryers to gym equipment, ALDI is known for selling quality products at low prices. Convention Enthusiast. And quite frankly, they are cheaper by far. ALDI is selling a high-protein low-carb keto-friendly loaf, which dietitians are praising.

Ketogenic diet: Is the ultimate low-carb diet good for you. Nationwide News Pty Ltd Copyright © 2020. I actually preferred it not toasted, but that’s just my personal taste preference. If you find something that works, why not try it? “In terms of calories, it comes out similarly to regular bread, but as you can imagine, it’s way more filling.”. Reason being, that the Multiseed bread just seems like the better option as far as macros go, flavor, texture, and it just all around would be a bread I would use on a regular basis. ALDI is selling a high-protein low-carb keto-friendly loaf, which dietitians are praising. the budget-friendly supermarket stocks a low-carb high-protein bread for only $4.99. That already to me is fairly impressive. Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this. The second reason being the taste.

Just Wait Till You Read The Books. Aldi’s Keto Bread. Now, that is something that you can’t say too often with certain Keto products. First off was cost. Baker’s Life 85% Lower Carb Higher Protein Bread.

They are fairly similar in macros, but obviously there will be some differences. The reason being that I couldn’t find this bread for the life of me for months, and the other reason being I can pick up a pretty decent local brand of them for around 3 bucks and they are only around 3 net carbs per tortilla. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. You Can Buy Keto-Friendly Sliced Bread At Aldi Again And People Are Freaking Out. I get that some people are super die hard about not taking in any of those type of oils, and that’s all well and good. Now as far as macros go for 1 slice of these breads. It’s AWFUL. So I tend to not pay as much attention to ingredients as the very by the book Keto-er.

ThinSlim makes a decent product, but it really had no taste. “In terms of calories, it comes out similarly to regular bread, but as you can imagine, it’s way more filling.”. By Samantha Netkin and Kristin Salaky. At the price though, I was definitely going to finish that first loaf. It is light and actually moist too. I ate maybe 2-4 slices a day, but probably closer to 2 slices on most days. But in my case, I just do what keeps me on track, and keeps me fed and healthy. It cost $3.49 for a 14-oz. Although the ADLI bread contains a relatively high amount of fat – 13.9g – only 1.8g is saturated.

I could see this definitely being a bread I would use if I had it on hand at all times. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. ( Log Out /  But ALDI’s buy seems to one-up both in flavour and nutrition. The seeds baked within it give a different sort of feeling and add to the flavor as well. The dietitian illustrated how healthy the ALDI bread is compared to a generic popular supermarket loaf - in this case Helga’s Mixed Grain. The Ketogenic Diet: A Detailed Beginner's Guide to Keto. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out /  “Now I am by no means a bread or carb hater, rather I have always recommended nutritionally rich, carb-controlled breads such as Burgen Soy Lin or Helga’s Lower Carb breads that combine a reduced carbohydrate load with all the wholegrain and fibre benefits found in a dense-grain bread,”.

In comparison, the Helga’s variety – while still healthy - has 9.6g protein per 100g serve with the ALDI bread containing more than double that with 25.6g. Also I have to say there is no weird aftertaste or anything, which is also a great thing. A lot of the time that is due to the fact that they have to be shipped frozen generally, so this bread does have that to it’s advantage in that I can just pick it up like a regular loaf of bread.

The addition of bucket loads of seeds means you end up with a higher-fat and higher-protein loaf.”, Your email address will not be published. Sola and ThinSlim Foods. The addition of bucket loads of seeds means you end up with a higher-fat and higher-protein loaf.”. I know, I KNOW. And I totally stalled out. Next post Tillamook Zero Sugar Smoked Sausages Review. It is a part of the daily life of many people. While the wheat Keto-friendly bread has 45 calories, 5 grams protein, 9 grams carbohydrates, and 9 grams fiber. Moreover, just one serving size of the Helga’s bread has 43g of carbs with the ALDI version only containing 5.4g. Out of the two, I preferred the Sola bread for two reasons. Plus, it contains 11.6g of fibre per serve – nearly three times the amount found in the Helga variety.