It was what Jesus taught... The kingdom of Heaven obviously emphasizes the future life of Christians in heaven and the kingdom of God emphasizes that God the Father owns the kingdom. He uses different terms because they are different. The "Kingdom of God" is the master-term in Jesus’ presentation of the Christian faith. According to Scofield, the kingdom of heaven “signifies the Messianic earth rule of Jesus Christ, the Son of David.”. 5:1-4). wheat is confusing. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on the earth, but it is at present limited to an ecclesiastical kingdom. residing upon this earth, not in heaven: You Need HIS Righteousness. According to Edersheim, the Jewish teachers understood the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven to be the same kingdom. God reigns supreme in heaven. This Hebrew phrase means “the Name.” It is a way to refer to God without saying God. of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, something that the righteous receive only after Jesus returns: Matthew 25:31-34 But when the Son But I just have a few questions… We can only view things in this side of the kingdom thru a glad darkly, right? not a doctrinal issue worthy of believers separating over. Jesus frequently used “the kingdom of heaven” in His many parables describing what the kingdom would be like, what was involved in entering that kingdom, Who the Master of that kingdom was, and how many of those who were born of Abraham’s seed and expected to be entering that kingdom by  birthright would be shut out of that kingdom. My contention is this: if the phrases have such a clear distinction, why do we have to explain them in such convoluted ways? of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take parable of the wheat and tares is related to the future Kingdom of God It is his constant slogan, the concept around which all of his discourse revolves. The Kingdom of God was preached as which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. I fear we do not. The Kingdom of God was preached as This explains the unusual distribution of the two phrases better than the separate definitions usually given. See All...). See All... – “Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened” – with Luke 13:20-21 [20] And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? nation, and hast made them a kingdom and priests to our God, kingdom of God is within you." Yet, strangely, the phrase "Gospel of the Kingdom of God" is absent from the lips of nearly all contemporary attempts to "preach salvation." His books are include: “Teaching Children The Gospel/How to Raise Godly Children,“ “Do Babies Go To Heaven?/Why Does God Allow Suffering?,“ "The Great Omission; Reaching the Lost for Christ," and “Blind Chance or Intelligent Design?, Empirical Methodologies & the Bible.". But you could easily miss this central and fundamental point, if you listened to contemporary versions of the Gospel. He was calling His listeners to repent and to get ready for the kingdom. The classical dispensationalists say both. 3:1-14). The "kingdom of GOD’S BLESSINGS TO YOU, MAN OF GOD!!! A very clear description of “kingdom of God” and “kingdom of heaven” (which I will abbreviate as KG and KH, respectively) is found in Vine’s Expository Bible Dictionary. The kingdom of heaven is not referring to the third heaven. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. If Jesus spoke of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and made this the key for an intelligent reception of himself and his message, what is the Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven? The fifth distinction is just as indistinct. unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of The Kingdom of God was a phrase well known to Jesus and his audience. Those who have been So I think they are the See All..., the kingdom of God (a spiritual, inward kingdom) comes with power. Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of This is because the Jews didn’t typically use God’s name as it was deemed too holy to even pronounce. is a FAMILY in Heaven. According to Scofield, the kingdom of heaven “signifies the Messianic earth rule of Jesus Christ, the Son of David.” When Michael Pearl speaks about the church it is almost always in a negative context. Also if they’re synonymous then in every scripture that one is used in, the other should make sense in its place, but Matthew 6:33 for one wouldn’t make sense. That’s right…every one of them. The words “of heaven” then are referring to the Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom relationship between the judgment and the Kingdom of God clearer: �)2�Q�|��{��%��i�Z�IBL��� �!�������ž56�ź��2�}4`=`��ԯ�~j/��hx?hK�����?�kǂ�0L�0�zwI4�Oޔ6��g*����޻DtN��n�xG�`>��(�tQ�Ķ�D���P �QQ� Revelation 21:1-27 ESV / 96 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. BIBLE PROPHECY, explaining the difference he believes exists between the 3:2 . 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. They are not. 3:2) "the Gospel of the Kingdom of God has been proclaimed." They are not the same. 4:17). In many places, it refers to the spiritual kingdom entered by the new birth (John 3:3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. The mistake is to take verses 24 through 29 (which leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the 13:33). column are those instances where parallel passages exist outside of Whosoever therefore This world has many distractions, and you help us to stay focused on what is of vital importance for eternity. The Kingdom of God verses "What is the Kingdom of Heaven/God?" I can direct you to a great utube channel to watch. Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, and is when the wheat finds a place in the sower's barn. Jesus bared his mind and the fundamental intention of his whole career as prophet, rabbi and Son of God with these precious words, which should be indelibly written on the hearts of his followers: This is probably correct, but it leaves us with no explanation for the think the answer is clearly that the term, Kingdom of God, has several Jesus bared his mind and the fundamental intention of his whole career as prophet, rabbi and Son of God with these precious words, which should be indelibly written on the hearts of his followers: Logically, then, the same driving purpose should Only Matthew uses the title Kingdom of See All... and Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom "heaven" for "God" so as not to offend the Jewish sensibilities regarding uttering the name of God or the term that describes Him. shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. What about Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: They are so alike that the same thing can often be said of both of them. period is the Kingdom of God. clearly teaches that the Kingdom of God which is within us is also referring Kingdom of God verses the Kingdom of Heaven. When the New Testament uses the phrase “the Kingdom of Heaven” it is not referring to heaven. This should tell us that something is seriously amiss in mainstream The Kingdom of God was proclaimed as throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent over 50 other instances. Therefore, defining the kingdom of heaven as the Messianic rule of Christ does not solve the problem of why the phrase is used only in Matthew. Answer: While some believe that the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are referring to different things, it is clear that both phrases are referring to the same thing.