Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I sandwiched the layers with lightly sweetened whipped cream. All You can also subscribe without commenting. Sift together the dry ingredients (except for the sugar)  in a large bowl. Share 19. ( Is that going to be a problem? Filed Under: Baking Recipes, Cakes, Recipes Tagged With: Cake, cake recipe, cream cake, layer cake, lemon cake, lemon yoghurt cake, white cake, white chocolate buttercream, white chocolate frosting, white chocolate icing, white chocolate lemon cake. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Cool the white chocolate slightly. The flavor combos are excellent! Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. ). chocolate peanut butter butterfinger brownies. Wilton’s layer cake pans cake release spray 175g butter/margarine 175g caster sugar (for the sponge) 3 eggs (beaten) 175g self raising flour 1tsp baking powder 5 unwaxed lemons 2tbsp caster sugar (for the drizzle) lemon curd mascarpone icing sugar white chocolate. Spread or pipe a layer of sweetened mascarpone on top of the cake and top with grated white chocolate. Well done! It’s about eating cake and not apologizing for it. Could not seem to bring up the lemon cream to 180 degrees. The cream may not thicken up as much as it should be but I think it's not much of a cause for concern:), Hey Amanda, is it right when I double the ingredients for a 9 inches size cake ? I just love the lightness of the whipped cream. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. To assemble the cake, sandwich the cake layers together with the whipped cream then generously cover in the white chocolate frosting. Thanks for pointing it out! Lemon, White Chocolate & Strawberry Layer Cake makes a 5 inch cake white cake recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen, white chocolate filling recipe adapted from The Cake Bible, lemon cream recipe from Pierre Herme It is best to prepare the lemon cream in advance. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Top with remaining layer. When the sponges are cool, layer them together with lemon curd and mascarpone (which has been sweetened with icing sugar to taste). Just wondering how much I'll have to double or triple. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Simply Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy. Lemon yoghurt layer cake with white chocolate frosting. can I freeze these because I would like to make approx. icing sugar saw this on FG - STUNNING! Beat until the butter and sugar are well combined and fluffy. 175g butter/margarine Lemon yoghurt layer cake with white chocolate frosting. With the mixture running, pour in the melted, cooled white chocolate, lemon juice and vanilla. this reminds me of an english victoria sponge cake - except yours is much more gorgeous! But you can just use the frosting to sandwich the layers of cake if you’d prefer. Carefully half each cake horizontally and set aside. Drooling - gorgeous! Spread 2/3 cup lemon curd evenly atop cake layer. Method 1tsp baking powder Oh yes I did make a mistake there. I made this using 2 regular cake pans (I don't know whatever the standard size it) cutting the cake in half-ending up with 4 layers. Enter your email address to follow Mrs Stanton's Makes and receive notifications of new posts by email. Wow, this cake is absolutely stunning! 10 for daughters wedding reception...Thank you, You can freeze the cake layers in advance but you can assemble the cakes about two days before you need it:). 262 Shares. There was enough filling where the taste wasn't compromised, but I like the ratio of what appears in the picture. There’s something about yoghurt and canola oil that makes for the best cakes and flavored with a little lemon juice and a lot of lemon zest, this cake was everything I had hoped it would be. Hmm. Home » Recipes » Lemon yoghurt layer cake with white chocolate frosting. Atom This looks so delicious. Add the flour and baking powder, followed the the zest of the lemons. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. 175g self raising flour Today is all about indulgence. Divide the mixture equally between the five cake pans, and bake for approximately fifteen minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. ( Log Out /  I think that you will need to at least quadruple the white chocolate filling and lemon cream. I'm glad you stuck with it! This lemon drizzle will ensure a moist and zesty lemon sponge. The frosting is a simple buttercream which I whipped into oblivion before adding melted white chocolate and a little vanilla. 175g caster sugar (for the sponge) I don’t often bother with layer cakes but this is a must — the texture looks insane…and who could resist all that lemony frosting? Place the second layer, right side up, on top of the first layer and frost the top and sides of the cake with frosting. Remove the sponges from the pans and leave to cool on a wire-rack. Did you mean 300 degrees Fahrenheit? The contrast of the subtle white chocolate cake and frosting with a tart-sweet lemon curd filling is superb. You'll need to at least quadruple the recipe to make one 11x15 inch layer. Depending on the power of your microwave you may need more or less time. Don't subscribe Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and grease and line two 21cm diameter, 10cm deep cake pans with baking paper. Not two? never ever mix heavy cream with white chocolate and put in the microwave because it destroyes the whole cake by baking the cream and i had to throw the whole thing in the bin, Post Comments Yes, I made it with just one 5 inch cake pan and sliced the finished cake into three:). Change ). Soft, delicate lemon yoghurt cake sandwiched with sweetened whipped cream and slathered in fluffy, snowy white chocolate frosting. Pour the egg and oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Oh wow! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. My only substitution was raspberries for the strawberries, and it turned out beautifully. I used the recipe but multiplied by 4. Thanks Sue! When the chocolate has been incorporated, add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix through. Repeat process with 4 more Cake Layers. Spread about 1⁄3 cup lemon curd on half of layer. I could eat the whole thing..seriously ;D. This looks great, but doesn't 300 degrees C seem a bit too hot to bake a tiny cake for 30-40 minutes? Does this look delicious! To make the filling, whip together the sugar and cream until stiff peaks form. Place one cake layer, right side up, on a serving platter. Spread about 1⁄3 cup chocolate pudding on the opposite half. Okay thanks! Add to the remainder of the cake ingredients and mix well. And when the cake in question is this snow white, light and airy creation, what do you even have to feel guilty about? http://www.unmuteme.com/strawberry-chocolate-dessert. lemon curd Buttermilk or sour cream are good alternatives to yogurt in baking. I have looked at all the local stores...including Jo-Ann Fabric's baking goods section and no one has those silver balls (dragees) anyone know a good website or have any suggestion on where to buy them ~ Thanks :), Thanks for this recipe. Let me know what you think one you’ve tried it! ( Log Out /  I made it for a birthday and there wasn't a crumb left! As you can see, I very lazily slathered the buttercream all over the cake. Lemon cake, Lemon Yoghurt cake, Lemon yogurt cake. I’ve been thinking about combining lemon and white chocolate in cake-form for the longest time because of all my favorites to create desserts with, white chocolate pretty much tops the list. I made this today, and it was delicious! Wow! I ended up using canned whipped white frosting (I know but I was in a time crunch) and zested lemon and added fresh lemon juice. Place 1 Cake Layer on a serving plate. With the mixer running, pour in the cooled melted chocolate. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How many cups does this cake make? So easy. The finished look had quite a cloud-like effect which I absolutely adored and it really depicted the light, lusciousness of this cake so well. Mix well then use to decorate the layered cake. I wanted a cake with a very soft, delicate crumb and decided to once again use my yoghurt cake recipe. It only went to 160. In a jug, mix the juice of five lemons with 2tbsp of caster sugar, and pour the mixture over the five sponges while they are still warm. Be sure to watch carefully so that the white chocolate doesn't burn. Meanwhile, prepare the Lemony White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows).