Part 2. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign. It is meant for beginner learners. This will continue until the farewell greeting is said, and then it will begin again. On a new page, cut and paste the three boxes labeled, Greetings, Introductions, and Goodbyes. Cut out the dialogue pocket and tape it into your notebook. After writing each greeting, complete these steps: Explain how and when the greeting is used. All of our lessons are designed around engaging themes that are engaging and relevant to adult learners of English, giving students an opportunity to develop their English language and skills in motivating and enjoyable ways. Copies of conversation (conversation will be typed line by line): Index cards with greetings written on them (4-5 sets), Copies of blank comic strip graphic organizer (one per student). You and your child can paste this box at the end of your unit. Here are some great ideas for activities that will brighten up any English language class. Place the words/phrases under the correct headers. Read the dialogues and reconstruct the sentences so the English makes sense. What is a Lesson Plan? With your help, you child will be. | PBL Ideas & Lesson Plans, Ohio Assessments for Educators - Middle Grades Science (029): Practice & Study Guide, NYSTCE Physics (009): Practice and Study Guide, How to Write a Good Essay on Your AP European History Exam: Tutoring Solution, Buildup to the American Civil War: Help and Review, Quiz & Worksheet - The Reflexive Property of Equality, Quiz & Worksheet - Theatre of the Absurd & WWII, Quiz & Worksheet - Characteristics of ADHD. Take turns and read it a couple of times. Place a pencil point in the middle of the paperclip. The varied activities will require them to use speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. By having your child research the information and choosing what they want to learn,  the outcome for their success is better. This game is called, I am Who is. Using the greeting words on the board, they will practice having greeting conversations with their stuffed animals. This sort can be reviewed over and over again. Engaged students learn better and are likely to cause fewer discipline problems. On another page, cut and paste the colorful circle, the spinner. There is a blank spinner in the PDF file. Give each student a comic strip graphic organizer. She is currently an assistant principal. A detailed lesson made by myself during my actual demonstration as our performance in our subject. To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page. English is a subject that teaches concepts children use every day. Keep it fun. On a new page, cut and paste the other sample dialogue. 6 Examples of How to Use the Phrase, to Your Heart’s Content, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, Greek to Me, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, Bite Your Tongue, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, I’m All Ears, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, Tickled Pink, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, On the Fence, How to Use the English Idiom, Leave a Bad Taste in My Mouth, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, Hit the Jackpot, 5 Examples of How to Use the Idiom, Beats Me. Read through the boxes together to review the language. If you don’t have enough people, then each player can use one or more cards. They can add to the reference paper. Let your child answer the practice question in the notebook. Setting up the interactive notebook should be an enjoyable experience for your child. Test Your English: Types of Transportation, Greetings and Introductions In English Interactive Notebook, A Fun Way to Learn Nationalities of Countries in English, Present Continuous for Temporary Situations. Just look under lesson plans on the top header. and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you. It contains a detailed … © copyright 2003-2020 Study.com. Log in or sign up to add this lesson to a Custom Course. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Order the dialogues so the English makes sense. This unit takes about six days. Each student will open the envelope and put the conversation in order from beginning to end. Each day has a twenty to twenty-five-minute lesson that builds from what was learned previously. When you throw the beach ball to a student, they can choose a greeting from the list that would be appropriate to respond with. Jeremy Harmer, author of The Practice of English Language Teaching - Lesson Plan, Programme 2 Engaging students is important for the learning process. Even though this activity is included in the PDF file for Greetings and Introductions, check out. You can find many lessons for beginners on this blog, like my lessons on numbers or my lesson on telling time in English. Cut and paste both dialogues into your notebook. Or you can subscribe to my weekly newsletter and see what other resources I’ve created. All rights reserved. In this lesson plan, ESL students will practice using greetings in real-world contexts. Test Your English: Which American Holiday Am I? On one page, cut and paste the list of counties for reference. Test Your English: Which Country Am I? | {{course.flashcardSetCount}} What to Do When Students Dominate Classroom Discussions, Tech and Engineering - Questions & Answers, Health and Medicine - Questions & Answers, Working Scholars® Bringing Tuition-Free College to the Community, Say appropriate greetings in a conversation, Determine the appropriate greeting while reading a conversation. Cut and paste the pocket into your notebook. Test Your English: Which Article of Clothing am I? Divide the students into three groups. They will then pass the ball to another student who will continue the conversation with another greeting. After this lesson, students will be able to: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups. Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school. Also, there is a section on learning the countries, nationalities, and languages in English. Hold the beach ball. Address misconceptions as needed. first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Test Your English: Which U.S. State Am I? Say a greeting. flashcard set{{course.flashcardSetCoun > 1 ? Or get materials for your English language class? Or are you just looking to improve your own English? ESL Certification Requirements in Massachusetts, ESL Teacher - Education Requirements for Teaching ESL Classes, ESL Teacher Certification in Pennsylvania, Telemarketer: Job Duties and Requirements for Becoming a Telemarketer, Culinary School Top School with a Culinary Arts Program - Charleston SC, Top Ranked Human Resource Management Degree Program - Kansas City MO, Agile Business Analyst Training Certification, ESL Vocabulary for Business & Life Skills, Discussing Business & World Issues with ESL Students, Discussing Culture & Health with ESL Students, Discussing Relationships & Family with ELL Students, ESL Vocabulary for Holidays & Time of Year, ESL - English as a Second Language Courses, ILTS English as a New Language (125): Practice & Study Guide, IELTS General Training: Practice & Study Guide, MTEL Sheltered English Immersion (56): Practice & Study Guide, Praxis ESL (5362): Practice and Study Guide, MTTC English as a Second Language (086): Practice & Study Guide, UExcel Spanish Language: Study Guide & Test Prep, Teaching Reading to English Language Learners, AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep, Academic Subjects for English Language Learners, TOEIC Speaking & Writing: Test Prep & Practice, Quiz & Worksheet - Spanish Vocabulary for Town Locations, Quiz & Worksheet - Present Tense Conjugation of Ser, Quiz & Worksheet - Spanish Vocabulary: Prepositions of Location, Quiz & Worksheet - Adjective Agreement in Spanish Grammar, Quiz & Worksheet - Spanish Practice: Describing People, AR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List, ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense, CPA Subtest IV - Regulation (REG): Study Guide & Practice, CPA Subtest III - Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR): Study Guide & Practice, ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner: Study Guide & Practice, Top 50 K-12 School Districts for Teachers in Georgia, Finding Good Online Homeschool Programs for the 2020-2021 School Year, Coronavirus Safety Tips for Students Headed Back to School, Parent's Guide for Supporting Stressed Students During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Ramon Barba: Biography, Contributions & Inventions, Real Estate Hearings, Penalties & Appeals in Delaware, 9th Grade Assignment - Reading Skills Self-Assessment, Analyzing Technological System Barriers to Healthcare Delivery & Coordination, Quiz & Worksheet - Situational Crime Prevention, Quiz & Worksheet - Paleolithic Period Weapons, Flashcards - Real Estate Marketing Basics, Flashcards - Promotional Marketing in Real Estate, What is Project-Based Learning?