With air dried Curly Mahogany top and old Black Walnut back and sides. We began by completely taking apart the guitar. Therefore, I know how essential it is for my crew and me to be as courteous and professional as possible at all times. The proper solution is to let an experienced luthier “dress” your frets: file the fret tops so that all the fret tops are at the level of your lowest wear.

xxx Guitars Luthiers USA: 2257 xxx: xxx USA Guitars Luthiers Directory xxx → Click on Flag - Click on Flag - Click on Flag ← I hope to see or hear from you soon. A true craftsman and member of the Guild of American Luthiers, Mike has developed his fine skills over the past 35 years on all types of guitars, basses, vintage tube amps, and other fine string instruments — such as mandolins, banjos, and dobros. Eagle Farm, Brisbane: Animato Strings. by Admin. Guitar techs are better at wiring, electrical repair, replacing components, setups, tuning, intonation and related maintenance. SALE! Wordpress Theme and CMS by Sleeping Giant Studios. I glued the headstock in place and then started to cut away wood from the truss rod to the edge of the neck running from the 5th fret to the A string tuner. He looks forward to meeting you soon.

Whatever you need, give us a call to discuss how we can help you.

The board needs to be routed into the body underneath the pickguard. Staying true to the guitar we used as much era specific parts as we could find. Get Free Luthier Classes Near Me now and use Luthier Classes Near Me immediately to get % off or $ off or free shipping

Unit E5, 4th Floor Pear Mill The objective is to help customers to find the luthier they want to work with; from simple repairs and setups right through to restorations and custom made instruments. A guitar builder simply cannot compete with manufacturers who mass produce guitars. South East Turnstone Guitar Company. We at Tonetech Ltd believe that within Europe we have some of the best luthiers in the world. Jahrbuch der instrumentenbauer. Midlands Will Howson. If your guitar has damage such as a cracked neck, or needs modifications for new tuners or electronics you need someone with woodworking skills and proper tools. What is a Hawkins Hot Rod? A lifetime musician who has played the guitar since childhood and toured with Jimmy Buffett, Mike takes pride in the handcraftsmanship he brings to every repair and restoration project. If you have wiring or electronic issues you need someone with guitar tech skills. Hawkins Guitar has earned a stellar reputation for building fine, hand crafted acoustic and electric guitars. My store is not a music retailer, but I do carry a full line of products that relate to the services I offer. We will be replacing the top with 200 year old Adirondack Spruce as well as all the bracing (save a couple side braces), replacing the fretboard and headplate with old growth Brazilian Rosewood and installing a truss rod….gonna keep the cool old tuners as they work great. **Unfortunately, the last collection of this stock has been commissioned and is in the process of being built, stay tuned for pics**. In stock are pickups, hardware, and strings by most manufacturers. Luthiers can repair a damaged guitar body, cracked or broken neck, nut work, fill, enlarge and drill holes, repair structural damage and deal with surface blemishes. Many luthier inquiries we receive are really routine guitar tech services. As you can see, by the time we were done with the guitar you could hardly tell anything had happened to it! Whether it's for setup and maintenance or restoration work, his ultimate goal is to have your instrument play with the ease that makes you connect with it. Since 1994, lovers of fine violins and guitars have relied on professional luthier Mike Cox, the owner-operator of A String Instrument Repair, and his dedicated workshop in Columbus, OH, when their string instruments need repair.

Follow along as we give a whole new life to this amazing old wood. When the owners of the guitar came to pick it up they thought I had made a whole new neck. Once completed we were actually able to save all the original hardware from the guitar and the finish had withstood the flood. You’ll also receive emails with our best content to help build better guitars. Once the neck was refinished you cant even see the original break and only if you look very closely can you see the edges of the grafts. Being a 12 string I knew that it would need some extra reinforcement to stay structuraly sound. There are relatively few master luthiers in the United States. I provide a high level of standards in craftsmanship, and this is what I mean when I state "Quality of Service" in my mission statement. Luthier services for acoustic, electric guitar and bass guitars. April 16, 2018. Yes! Artisan luthiers offers both luthier services and guitar tech services. They are then rounded and polished. I will never pressure any of my clients or recommend any work that is not necessary. We modify instruments for new electronics and fix damaged guitars needing woodworking and electrical work. It sounds very basic, but after all, that is exactly what my customers want. This is because the number of hours and/ parts required is never the same for any two jobs. My shop is very reliable, and you can expect someone to answer the phone between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays. FINANCING AVAILABLE, If you would like to place a deposit in this guitar please contact us. Explore other popular Local Services near you from over 7 million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from Yelpers.

From here you go everywhere! They seem to tolerate my long work hours; they mean everything to me. Violin Luthier Directory If you are luthier who would like to be included in the directory, please make sure you first have registered for Violinist.com. Luthier Carpenters Near Me! The objective is to help customers to find the luthier they want to work with; from simple repairs and setups right through to restorations and custom made instruments.

Please let me tell you a little about my business and myself. Thank you for learning a little about my guitar repair shop. You haven’t felt this kind of excitement since you were a child, when only… READ MORE, Editor’s Note: The original article was published in June 2020 and will be continually updated as new information regarding COVID-19 is released. Feel free to schedule an appointment anytime. Needless to say they were very excited. My mission statement is simple: I strive to offer the highest-quality service and components for a fair rate and turnaround time. Repair & Restoration.

Jim was incredibly polite and easy to work with.

Annuaire des Luthiers. It took hours of cleaning up gluing surfaces and precisely fitting the graft before I could glue it in place. Comprehensive Luthier and Guitar Tech Service. In 1987, I started working for a guitar company assembling and setting up guitars. More and more luthiers have their own websites so we’ve decided to set up the most comprehensive luthier directory aimed at UK luthiers.