One thing nobody has mentioned yet is that city deals damage as a trigger whereas confluence is a cost. There is a notable difference in the Modern Ad Nauseum combo deck. ), ( But yeah city of brass is used in adnasuem because the damage from city of brass goes on the stack so even if your at one you can cast angels grace, also always produce mana even if you have no life. Conversely, if your playgroup lets you run things where you can win on the spot without chipping away at life totals, who needs to preserve life? But both are wasted on this lousy land. As for Force of Vigor I'd personally just cut Kilnmouth Dragon for it. The point of the so-called degeneracy score is to approximately rank decks by how likely they are playing in a highly competitive meta, or in a meta where life totals do not matter that much, based on either how strong and “un-fun” the cards in the deck are or if they can otherwise win the game easily by circumventing life totals. For these situations, the best we can do is a slight adjustment upwards to the score. Future Sight is okay but I personally wouldn't run it in Ur-Dragon. Since you have the two temples, you may want to include the last one, Temple of Malice. Help | New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. If your opponent just cast Gut Shot on your Dark Confidant, Oasis is ready to help! It's just a tiny bit better than City of Brass, which hits you even if it gets tapped by something else like a Rishadan Port or Tanglewire. It even makes a 5/5 flying beater! This Mesa does come with a bonus: it can tap two lands, and in so doing, disrupt your opponent's strategy for a turn. What a steep price to pay, and it doesn't even enable graveyard strategies. That's a real stretch, though. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t run them, but it’s definitely a legitimate reason to hesitate considering them when building your land base. - … Why? Mana Confluence; Avg Price - Buy on TCGPlayer Low $0.00 Avg $0.00 High $0.00 Mana Confluence. And how far into the modding process do people add those cards in? Battle lands are good options for substitutes. Deckbox Sellers Click on any seller to visit their profile and see what else they have for sale or for trade. Herald's Horn and Urza's Incubator I personally just take more mana rocks over but in your slower meta they could be decent picks. Happy tapping! We can't blame them for figuring things out as they went, and early on, Magic's cards overestimated banding, damage prevention, and landwalk. Qty: 13. There’s no straightforward way to account for redundancy of combos when giving a score of how degenerate a deck is. We’ll talk more about this when we test hypothesis #3. : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. 16.24 - 23.99 That gives you room for cards like Cavern of Souls, Reflecting Pool, Exotic Orchard, etc. Contact | Many of your creatures may die to that, and the survivors won't be in any shape to survive combat. Same goes for the last pain land, I'd recommend including Sulfurous Springs since you have the other two. That makes it slightly better for sure. Flooded Strand, Polluted Delta, Scalding Tarn, Misty Rainforest, Prismatic Vista, Verdant Catacombs, Wooded Foothills, Bloodstained Mire, Windswept Heath, Marsh Flats and Arid Mesa, Reflecting Pool, Cavern of Souls, City of Brass, Tarnished Citadel, Mana Confluence, Forbidden Orchard, Exotic Orchard, Meteor Crater, Pillar of the Paruns, Ancient Ziggurat, Path of Ancestry, Thran Quarry, Gemstone Mine, Aether Hub and Tendo Ice Bridge, I'm not a mega fan of the depletion lands but they're excellent if you're on a budget :), shocks - you already got a few I'll recommend getting the rest, Blood Crypt, Temple Garden, Godless Shrine, Steam Vents and Sacred Foundry, Utility lands very overpriced cardboard but the power is definitely there, Mutavault, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Gaea's Cradle, From there, if those cards are out of budget/you cannot proxy I'd go with the Triomes, battlebond lands Sea of Clouds, check lands Hinterland Harbor, and lastly the painlands Battlefield Forge beyond those the lands start becoming too inefficient and you will be targeted playing slivers. It's safe from, Some times it's not that a card is over-hyped as much as you are not evaluating the card correctly because you view cards in the narrow scope of a Standard-centric mindset (just like too many people like to claim that every set in history is "bad" because all the cards in it weren't designed for. The most likely explanation is that if your playgroups discourage degenerate strategies, then life totals matter more. All those cards ended up being meh. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). You also really should include shock lands. Unaffordable cards are why there are so many fakes in circulation and there are people who wonder why that is. Now, thanks to EDHREC, I finally have an opportunity to combine both of these aspects in a new series, By the Numbers. City of brass does damage when it is tapped, unlike mana confluence, whether you get mana from it or not (rishadan port in legacy for example). Then you need it. Discord Server | Am I missing a reason why? Elves are indeed a super fun creature type, I've whipped up a few decks for them in the past, thus I may have some suggestions that may be of use for you! Which land cards prove to be a total waste of real estate? This site is unaffiliated. If you're going this deep into expensive lands and tutors, I highly recommend picking up a Mana Confluence, City of Brass, and Forbidden Orchard. Worse yet, you have to sacrifice all of your lands (and pay mana) to make that 5/5 token! Everyone loves the fetch lands, Alpha dual lands, and the shock lands. You should keep at least one of each basic, or at least your main colours' basics for backup fetching. Hey, maybe you could use this to enable Enrage on all of your Ixalan dinosaurs! by jrippa. While there’s a very strong relationship between deck price and 5c pain land usage, it takes players a lot of digging into their bank accounts until they actually put Mana Confluence and City of Brass into their decks. Is there any difference b/t these two cards? My girlfriend just asked me to put Slivers back together. The first is that City of Brass is a damage trigger rather than a life payment. That number implies that the EDH community collectively thinks the Breya precon needs the fewest upgrades, so it should be the easiest precon to play out of the box.). While price does seem to have an effect on 5c pain land use, the effect doesn’t seem to correspond with actual budgetary restrictions. The median C16 deck is about $331. After work, you can find me at a nearby local game store (LGS), the bar, or over at a friend’s house playing EDH. I say “we” because the data on EDHREC — and, by extension, this series — wouldn’t be possible with you and your decklist contributions. If you're going to be investing a lot into lands, make sure you make a faux list before buying anything since you don't want to get excess that you won't use. : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Budget considerations may explain some of why players do that, but it’s not the whole story. It's played in multiple formats already, including Legacy and Vintage. I play [[City of Brass]] in Ad Naus and understand that you can add the mana then take an action while losing one life is on the stack. Because the overlap includes basic lands, it essentially means that people are only more likely than not to run … City of Brass and Mana Confluence (5c pain lands) are two of the strongest lands available for multicolored decks.