Regular definitions added and latest articles, Copyright © 2010 - 2020 by AZdictionary. on the path to systematic vocabulary improvement. No, but I can't sit on the fence forever - and I do want another baby. not to take sides in a dispute; not to make a clear choice between two possibilities. They are sitting on t 3. 160+39 sentence examples: 1. Don't have an account yet? Go gauze: Gauze is another great option if you are still on the fence about whether or not to utilize a see through style. This word is all about indecision. Sign up. The word usage examples above have been gathered from various sources to reflect current and historial usage. Note: This idiom can be used in different sentences such as “sitting on the fence” (present continuous), “sat on the fence” (past tense). 1. 2. 4. 4. 6. {0} fence poles are used in each side of the square. 3. I'm on the fence about Gigli. It really sucked, but I love Ben Affleck, Cissy, Go get my clean draws hangin on that there fence. If that brings to mind a lot of dithering and sitting on the fence, you couldn't be more wrong. I looked round and saw Brother A. standing on the fence and pointing me to a broad avenue and garden, and in the garden was a large and beautiful building. Not a comprehensive list by far, but worth reading if you're still on the fence about trying the VC in the first place. If you're still on the fence about whether to trust the Costco optical shop with your vision needs, however, you can check reviews online with sites like GottaDeal.com. If you're on the fence about purchasing a laser hair comb or brush, consider a professional Neolight laser scalp treatment first. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. I happened to tell her the other day that the vine on the fence was a "creeper.". A cow was breathing wet hotne Russia, France and China opposed him, and Germany sat on the fence. If you're on the fence, you can't decide something. 19 Out of hand (part of a sentence) 3. If you’re standing at the ice cream counter, not sure if you should get chocolate or vanilla, you’re on the fence. The weakness of the book is that it sits on the fence on important issues. 1. Learn more. I ripped my jeans on the fence. Birkin leaned on the fence. If you're still on the fence about trying soap making, or you want to get a friend hooked, consider buying a kit before you spend a ton of money buying ingredients separately. It really sucked, but I love Ben Affleck. 5. 2. He was on the fence about dating Rhonda or LuAnn. On the fence in a sentence. The boy sat balancing on the fence. Whether you're a student, an educator, or a lifelong learner, Vocabulary.com can put you If you don't know which basketball team to root for, you're on the fence. 0. All Rights Reserved. I'm on the fence about Gigli. You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on. Sit on the fence. I still think it’s “on”. People thought that was crazy. If you're still on the fence about trying one of Mary Frances' looks, it may be of interest to know that several high profile celebrities are already huge fans. 13 sentence examples: 1. See also: fence, on, sit sit on the fence Fig. What does on the fence expression mean? 5. Learn more. It meets classic standards for a married dating site, but also offers an article bank for individuals who remain on the fence about extramarital dating. on the fence phrase. Billie Joe was on the fence on who she really liked--Sarah or John. 4. There are 44 example sentences for fence, and this page shows no. Example: Their detail work is always on the ball. 2. If you are on the fence about purchasing satin nightgowns, know that these gowns are quite attractive, stylish and fairly durable in their construction. My daughter’s teacher corrected the sentence by putting “in” instead of “on”. Terms and Conditions | Cookie Policy | Contact Us. It's free and takes five seconds. 2. Being on the fence means you really just can’t decide. 7. If you can't decide whether to take a job or not, you're on the fence. (about something) Go to on the fence (about something). Sentence Examples. I tore my jeans on the fence. The on the fence list of example sentences with on the fence. He was on the fence about dating Rhonda or LuAnn. Example: I’m between two options for dinner, but I’m on the fence about which to choose. All Rights Reserved. The farmer shot two crows and strung them on the fence. on the fence definition: not able to decide something: . Penny slid down from the fence. on the fence: 1 adj characterized by indecision “some who had been on the fence came out in favor of the plan” Synonyms: undecided indecisive characterized by lack of decision and firmness 4. My daughter’s teacher corrected the sentence by putting “in” instead of “on”. Cissy, Go get my clean draws hangin on that there fence The dog made a leap over the fence. No fence against (for) ill fortune. This can be especially challenging when you find yourself on the fence about a scene that you just love - but one that's not necessarily crucial to the film. 2. 40+4 sentence examples: 1. 0. characterized by lack of decision and firmness. 0. If you are on the fence about purchasing this product, and would like to get another's take on the way that it smells and wears, then this is a great site to visit. Please tell me if you say: I have a stain on my shirt or I have a stain in my shirt. When you make a choice or commitment, you’re no longer on the fence. He's not afraid of making decisions and is a man who never sits on the fence. It's free and takes five seconds. They do not represent the opinions of YourDictionary.com. 4. Keepers of the fence. How many. Arnold Schwarzenegger was on the fence about joining the California gubernatorial race, until Dianne Feinstein dropped out. You might also appreciate the fact that there are customer reviews of the products, so if you are on the fence about a particular style, this additional feature might help. You're torn between two options. Russia, France and China opposed him, and Germany sat on the fence. If you're on the fence about whether a bob is for you, book a salon consultation and get an expert opinion. I am teetering on the fence like I think many people are. Either you agree or you disagree – don't sit on the fence. 3. The people who are on the fence are getting more aggressive. She leapt over the fence. 10. One of those sitting on the fence this week was Kramer. Sentence with the word on the fence. Everyone is sitting on the fence on this and we're the first group to come out. The cats sat, fascinated, on the fence but the ducks seemed entirely unruffled by their attention. R. V. on October 20, 2008 1:29 am. No fence against (an) ill fortune. on the fence definition: not able to decide something: . 18 On the fence (part of a sentence) Between two choices, and typically indicates indecisiveness. Sometimes a person sits on the fence due to a lack of courage (and to avoid confrontation) or just because of an inability to decide. How to use on the fence in a sentence. victoria is on the fence over elliott and tommy. What does on the fence expression mean? Here are some examples. The Aspen Times sided with the local man on the fence incident. Definition of on the fence in the Idioms Dictionary. If you're on the fence about buying a smartphone, this one won't fail to please.". 17 On the ball (part of a sentence) Doing well at an activity or task. Take the shirts off the fence. {0}, A fence is built to enclose a square shaped region. Example sentences using Sit on the fence victoria is on the fence over elliott and tommy.. It’s as if you’re sitting on the fence because you can’t decide which yard to play in. Come up to the fence. All definitions were added by our community so if you want to help us with one ore more definitions you're welcome and can you add them using the add definition form.