1 (16 ounce) package dry mostaccioli pasta. Immediately remove browned slices to towel-lined plate and let cool. Transfer to the pot with the cooked pasta. Mix … – Traditional Basil, 10.6 ounces Italian sausages crumbled (see note), For garnish: freshly grated parmesan cheese & chopped parsley optional. Make it spicy by using hot Italian sausage or adding red pepper flakes to taste. Stir in some ice (1/2 cup or so) if you want to help stop the orzo from cooking and getting mushy. And since it also tastes delicious as a cold pasta salad it’s perfect for lunch prep! 3 Cook the Sausage. Tel: 1 (877) 335-2556 E-mail: [email protected], George DeLallo Company: 1 DeLallo Way, * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Directions. For other kids, it might help to keep the elements more separate. Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally (while scraping along bottom of pot as orzo will tend to stick). Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Use a Microplane or garlic press to grate the garlic. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, add pasta, nutmeg, and pepper. DIRECTIONS. labels in your meal bag. If you use stalks of kale, you will need to first remove the leaves from the stem. Because some others said it was a bit greasy we cut down on the oil/butter - for two people we only used about 2 TBL oil and no butter. Be sure to set aside two cups of the starchy pasta water. Garlic cooks quickly, so be careful it doesn’t burn. Step 3. may vary. I think my salami was the soft kind not the hard but it came out fine. Make sure to slice as thin and uniformly as possible. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, prep your vegetables. I made it twice in two days. Then add the bell peppers, season, and saute for about 3 minutes, just until they start to soften up. Learn how your comment data is processed. Steak and Pork 145° F (rest cooked meat, 3 minutes) |. This was AWESOME! If you use a nonstick skillet, this recipe does not require oil (unless you want to use it). Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. No one likes overcooked pasta! Fresh and colorful vegetables, cheese, salami, and Italian vinaigrette are tossed with your favorite pasta to create an unforgettable dish for just about any summer occasion. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. In fact (and you all might get on me for saying this) due to how greasy this dish is I might think it's the perfect hangover food! We make sure every ingredient Drain and rinse noodles with cool water to prevent sticking. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add to the skillet and stir a few times. Thanks for taking the time to review Kris! (Or let soak in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute). Instead of green onions I used a small yellow onion minced and a scant 1/2 tsp. I’m hesitant to start throwing around the term “superfood” because I think all foods that are whole food, plant-based are pretty super. Serve and enjoy right away! For garnish: freshly grated parmesan cheese & chopped parsley optional. In other words you’ll get plenty of rich and meaty, herbaceous flavor in every spoonful! is not certified allergen-free. *Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links. Adjust seasonings to taste if necessary. NameEmail* I might even throw in some black olives and a diced fresh tomato. Mix in peas. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. This recipe is SUPER simple and incredibly tasty. Perfect for a quick and flavorful weeknight dinner! sent to you meets our high quality standards. Just be mindful of the heat so that the vegetables don’t burn. ), (About 5oz, 125g, or 3 packed cups of prewashed kale). :). Next time I might add some mushrooms. Drain pasta in a colander and set aside. Tasty easy. Peel the garlic. Now add the kale and 1 cup of the starchy pasta water to the skillet. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. With salami, olives, and cheese, this quick and easy pasta salad is packed with the flavors of the classic New Orleans sandwich. Let brown on bottom about 3 minutes, then turn and break up sausage and cook until no longer pink. Serve warm, topping servings with grated parmesan if desired. Once everything is mixed together. Bring 8 cups water and 2 tsp. Add Italian sausage to hot pan and cook, breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until no pink remains, 4-6 minutes. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. It made for a pretty presentation. Much spicier than I expected.. which is a good thing! Cook until garlic slices slowly dry out and begin to brown, 10-15 minutes. (If using store-bought, you can skip this step). Usually I prefer to try a recipe exactly as it's written before fiddling with it but I found this recipe while trying to avoid a trip to the grocery store so I used what I had on hand. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Stir in fresh parsley and basil. Add a splash of pasta water to the sauce (a couple tablespoons) prior to draining it, and then toss the drained pasta with the sauce. I didn't add any oil or butter and it was fine although if you wish you could add a bit at the end. With Chicken Thighs, Kale-Mozzarella Salad, and Lemon-Champagne Vinaigrette, with dauphinoise potatoes and Vichy carrots, with Parmesan cauliflower mash and green beans, with arugula salad and white balsamic vinaigrette, With Clementines & Navel Oranges, Fuji Apples, and Bosc Pears, with spinach-mozzarella filling and marinara dipping sauce.