If you compromise the truth, the whole process is lost ... if we were to walk away from this, we might as well hand in our jobs. Join Facebook to connect with Patrick Fitzgerald and others you may know. Having worked on international and Australian Leadership programs, I co-founded The Missing Peace with the aim of enabling Sustainable High Performance over the long term. [39], In 2014, Fitzgerald was hired by Michigan State University to conduct an internal MSU investigation to discover whether and when university officials knew about sexual assault allegations against Dr. Larry Nassar. This role offers both variety and continued development and sees me mainly supporting the business from an Administration perspective, managing the Support function and looking after the overall office environment. "[37] Blagojevich was charged with mail fraud and solicitation of a bribe. As a federal prosecutor, he led a number of high-profile investigations, including those which led to convictions of Illinois Governors Rod Blagojevich and George Ryan, media mogul Conrad Black, several aides to Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley in the Hired Truck Program, and Chicago police detective and torturer Jon Burge. [33], On November 17, 2005, Fitzgerald brought criminal fraud charges against former Canadian media mogul, Conrad Black, as well as against three other Hollinger executives. Fitzgerald soon expanded this investigation, uncovering a network of political bribery and gift-giving, and leading to more than 60 indictments. I co-founded Profusion Group in 2004 with Rod Jones, Ashton Bilbie and Alison Loader. [4][5] Fitzgerald was well-known to Comey and was in fact already godfather to one of Comey's children. [35][36], On December 9, 2008, Fitzgerald confirmed in a press conference in Chicago that Illinois state governor Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, had been arrested by the FBI early that morning on charges of corruption. I am a global executive search researcher experienced in identifying diverse, top talent for Executive, and senior management roles across a wide range of industries. His father (also named Patrick Fitzgerald) worked as a doorman in Manhattan and a security guard at the 1964 New York World's Fair in Flushing, Queens. After a period of globe-trotting, I migrated to Australia permanently and joined Profusion Group where I now lead the Business Projects team. Fitzgerald continued his work as the U.S. attorney in Chicago after becoming in 2003 the Justice Department’s special prosecutor for the investigation into the leak of the identity of a covert Central Intelligence Agency officer (Valerie Plame). [13] He also served as chief counsel in prosecutions related to the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. I have a keen interest in financial services, recruitment and technology. April of 2017 I joined an incredible growing Life Insurance team at Profusion as the Lead consultant for the Claims and Underwriting Market in Sydney. Patrick Fitzgerald, in full Patrick J. Fitzgerald, (born December 22, 1960, New York City, New York, U.S.), American lawyer who, as the U.S. attorney (Northern District of Illinois) in Chicago (2001–12) and as a special prosecutor, supervised a number of high-profile investigations in the late 1990s and early 2000s.. Fitzgerald was born to Irish immigrant parents in New York City. View Patrick Fitzgerald’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Over 15 years of recruitment experience in Accounting for the Financial Services with an established network of senior and mid-level candidates and strong track record of success. Recruitment for me, is a passion. I began my recruitment career on a working holiday visa in the UK.