. Brush the edges of each square with milk. Layer the slices of pear on top, overlapping them slightly until the ricotta mix is covered. Mission Blue Artisan Chocolates and A Giveaway! Combine the 2 slightly thawed puff pastry sheets, connecting them on one end (overlapping just an inch) and spread on the fresh ricotta cheese in the center, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge. After doing so, layer the slices of pear on top of the ricotta. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. . Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake 10 - 15 minutes until well puffed and golden brown. A elegant yet easy to make dessert! Make sure the bottom of the pastry is well cooked and crisp as well. 1 tsp granulated sugar, plus more for dusting. Roll out the pastry to about 5mm thick and cut a disc slightly bigger than your pan (about 24cm). Roll out the puff pastry into about a 15×10 inches rectangle. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then arrange the pears prettily in the pan. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. **Once filled they should stay crisp for about 2 hours, and they should be kept cold. Sweet pears, fragrant warming spices and crisp pastry. Beginning with preparation time to cooking time, this tart is a no-stress crowd pleaser that tastes wonderful and is visually stunning. The creamy ricotta filling and buttery puff pastry is sure to impress. © 2020 HONEST COOKING MAGAZINE. And if the ricotta doesn’t float your boat, you can use mascarpone mixed with honey instead. In this easy recipe, luscious pears are layered onto a bed of herbed ricotta nestled into a crisp puff pastry base. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, arugula, chives, walnuts, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Layer on the Bosc pear slices and arrange however you want. . This pear tart serves as a great option for a simplistic, rustic dessert that utilizes seasonal and local ingredients. Gently wet the borders of each tart with your fingers and generously coat the borders with a dusting of granulated sugar. Carefully place the pastry disc on top of the pears and caramel, then carefully tuck it snugly around the outside of the pears and down into the sides of the pan. Place the sheet tart in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the puff pastry border is brown and crisp and the pears are tender. Thank you. It is a slow process that uses only carefully selected ingredients like dark chocolate from the Antillean Islands, Italian hazelnuts (16%), brown sugar, skim milk and Bourbon vanilla extract.”. https://honestcooking.com/golden-pear-and-honey-ricotta-tart Add remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combine. Layer the slices of pear on top, overlapping them slightly until the ricotta mix is covered. Learn how your comment data is processed. Note, before rolling the size of my sheet was 9×9 inches. Traditional chicken soup is made from chicken broth, chunks of chicken, and vegetables like carrots, celery, and onion. Keep chilled until ready to serve pastries (use within the day for best results). Fold over the edges of the puff pastry, creating a border of pleats all around. Store-bought puff pastry is cut and baked then filled with a simple ricotta cream filling and topped with fresh fruit. This sheet tart is perfect for a family gathering, barbecue or potluck. I’ve been a little under the weather and have gone through maybe 2 full boxes of kleenex. https://orgasmicchef.com/desserts/baked-pears-in-puff-pastry I love desserts like this-the honey-pear combination is great. By Liz Barclay. Please note: prep time below does not include time to defrost the puff pastry sheets. It just seems right. The ricotta should hold it's shape pretty well at this point. Note: if you used our. “I […]. So, if you’re in need of something quick, easy, sweet and delicious, give this recipe a try! They're crisp and flaky and everyone will love that sweet, rich, fluffy filling! « Cherry Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins for #TwelveLoaves, Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce for #SundaySupper ». Would pastry cream work? Local honey is used in the recipe as well. , make sure you blot the pear slices dry before using. Avoid and discard the stems and seeds. When sick, it speeds up the healing process. You can combine 2 puff pastry sheets to make a larger size or simply use one sheet for a smaller size serving. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (it will still open up some but pinching helps) Noodles, spices, and other ingredients can be added […], While my Thanksgiving dinner may be smaller this year, I am still going to roast my usual-sized turkey. I was recently given some micro-climate honey from a beekeeper friend of mine, and I’ve been looking for a way to showcase it. Bake the tarts for about 10 minutes, and remove and sprinkle the ½ C of walnuts over the tart. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet. 1 store-bought puff pastry (9 1/2 x 9 1/2), 1/2 cup arugula, packed, and chopped small, 1 large or 2 smaller Bosc pears, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4 -inch thick slices*. Liz Barclay currently lives in Brooklyn, NY working as a…, This pear tart serves as a great option for a simplistic, rustic dessert that utilizes seasonal and local ingredients. Remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes. I’m not lying. Our savory pear ricotta sheet tart uses store-bought pastry to keep prep time to a minimum and ensure consistent results. Thank you for your…. Strawberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries. Bake the pie for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up. Top the cheese layer with the pear preserves (drain some of the juice off if needed, the pears should be fairly dry). Heat up the remaining 1 tsp of honey and pour over the pears. *I recommend Galbani, it has a nice rich, thick consistency and doesn't need to be strained much. Add the sugar and heat to a lovely caramel colour, stirring constantly. Puff Pastry Fruit Tarts with Ricotta Cream Filling. And Yes,…, I don’t buy any other Apple unless I have to. It’s just as easy to roast one that’s big or one that’s small. Hearing from you would make our day! Break the blue cheese into small pieces and sprinkle over the pear evenly. Top with the walnuts and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Could there be an alternate filling to use instead of the ricotta filling? I need a woot woot because this has been the longest week ever! Enjoy immediately! Divide and spread the ricotta mix between the two puff pastry sheets. Put a 21cm-diameter frying pan with an ovenproof handle on a hob over a medium heat. To me it feels like it’s summer outside so I’m just going to go with it and make all the good summery desserts – like these utterly decadent and purely irresistible Puff Pastry Fruit Tarts with Ricotta Cream Filling! Here you’ll find a collection of delicious recipes that your family will love, all tested and approved by me, Jaclyn, creator of this food blog. None of us have the hours and hours it takes to make it homemade) and they’re filled with the most luscious ricotta filling (it consists of ricotta, cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar so duh, how could this not be amazing? It. pinch edges together. Unfold dough then cut each sheet into 9 squares (I used the folds as a guide cutting those into strips, then from there each strip the into thirds). Have a question, comment or thought? Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the puff pastry on a clean, lightly-floured work surface. I’m already planning out the next time I get to make and indulge in these tempting treats again! Zest about 1 teaspoon from the lemon and set it aside. !…, We are so happy to hear that, Ronak! I am actually looking to make some turnovers and I might just make this :). Combine the 2 slightly thawed puff pastry sheets, connecting them on one end (overlapping just an inch) and spread on the fresh ricotta cheese in the center, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge. Simply put, they are so dreamy and you need to make them! Top the cheese layer with the pear preserves (drain some of the juice off if needed, the pears should be fairly dry) Top on the remaining pastry sheet. Coat the pears with the lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack. It’s served at room temperature and can be made a little ahead of time. Disclosure: I received a sample of the Nocciolata from the manufacturer; I was not required to write a post. Brush top of pastry with egg white and bake @ 400 for 35-40 minutes. Paired with the ricotta, the pears provide a nice contrast between a savory and sweet against the ricotta. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! I was thinking a non-cheese filling. Layer on the Bosc pear slices and arrange however you want. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/pear-tart-tatin Looks delicious, can’t wait to try this. Want something satisfying on a cold day? s served at room temperature and can be made a little ahead of time. You only need to get rid of about 1 oz of moisture from the Galbani. Only certified organic ingredients go into each jar of creamy, dreamy Nocciolata. Read our disclosure policy. . Transfer pastries to two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, spacing them at least 1 1/2-inches apart. In a separate medium mixing bowl whip cream cheese until fluffy, about 1 minute on high speed.